Author Topic: 2011 Moto Guzzi Norge  (Read 1797 times)

Offline DKAW

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9299
  • Membership Level: Active
2011 Moto Guzzi Norge
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:45:51 am »
I just had to give the thumbs up to Moto Guzzi for putting the 100 hp 8 valve motor in their sport tourer.Thats got to boost sales for that bike for sure.Even though that windshield still looks too small.
2018 BMW K1600 gtl

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
Re: 2011 Moto Guzzi Norge
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 08:07:16 am »
I sat on one at the motorcycle show a few years ago when they were first coming out. I really liked the bike. It seemed really comfortable. I never did get a chance to ride one. Maybe someday!

badinc1

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:29:20 am »
I rode one before I bought my 2009 Concours14 ABS.
I really liked it, and almost bought it.
I really felt more comfortable on it than I did with the Concours14, and went rode and performed really well.
What stopped me from purchasing it was the amount of servicing it required, and the cost involved in doing so.
Other than that, I really liked the bike.
Bobby.  :)

Offline Charles W. (Chuck)_Hoefflin_IN

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 05:27:14 pm »
I rode one also before I bought an '08 C-14 ABS.  I liked it a lot.  It handled and rode very smoothly.  The engine had more than enough power for my needs and the brakes and suspension were excellent.  The fairing and windscreen give good protection, clearly more than the C-14.

However, after monitoring the Guzzi website and going to their rallies for over a year, it just felt like the company did not have the thing completely designed when they brought it out.  Also, it was going to cost me a few thousand dollars more to buy it compared to buying the C-14.  They have a definite lack of dealers (about as bad as BMW) but the bikes seem easy to work on and the normal replacement parts are generally available.

Now, with higher power, the bike may be able to have a bigger presense in the market place.

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:01 pm »
I think the biggest problem with the Guzzi for me is like the BMW and some of the other bikes. The lack of dealers. That can translate into problems for buying and normal service. But it can create more problems if you have problems while on a trip. That's really the big advantage to the Japanese manufacturers. But I did love the way it felt when I sat on it. Too bad I never have had the opportunity to actually ride one!

Offline Necron99

• Crotch Rocket
  • rise again....
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9384
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:43:04 am »
Gorgeous bike, love it.