Author Topic: 2018 Wing  (Read 30231 times)

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 2018 Wing
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2019, 01:05:19 pm »
This is yet the only place I've admitted this - stopped at my Kawi/Honda dealer and looked at trading my C14 in on a new Wing.  Curiosity with a splash of desire pulled me in.  I've ridden them and I've pushed my luck for quite a while on the Connie.  In a year when the kids are out of school . . . . . :-X

Get'er done L2F!  :great:

What do you mean by "pushed your luck with the Connie"  :017:
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline luv2fly

• Road Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2019, 01:29:52 pm »
This is yet the only place I've admitted this - stopped at my Kawi/Honda dealer and looked at trading my C14 in on a new Wing.  Curiosity with a splash of desire pulled me in.  I've ridden them and I've pushed my luck for quite a while on the Connie.  In a year when the kids are out of school . . . . . :-X

Get'er done L2F!  :great:

What do you mean by "pushed your luck with the Connie"  :017:

I'm not near as disciplined with my right wrist as I should be at 50 years old.  Its just all too easy to reach 'throw me in jail' speeds on this bike.  One of the reasons I love it, but its a double edged sword.  I need my license for my job and getting nabbed doing double the limit would put a hurting on me.  I don't dislike the Connie at all, its what the Connie tempts me to do! :great:

I'm half expecting to jump into a Wing within a few years.  If the numbers would have been there I'd have traded without telling the wife the other day.  Kids will be out of school next year, much more discretionary income = "Honey, guess what I did today!"
Loud pipes save lives but helmet laws suck - Its a safety issue

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2019, 03:37:29 am »
Picked her up today, everything turned out great!  :great:

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12840
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2019, 11:03:28 am »
What did you have done?
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2019, 12:02:59 pm »
What did you have done?

Rivco trailer hitch for pulling our Unigo
Fog lights
Luggage rack with light bar
Additional USB ports
Upper air deflectors
Wire in Ultimate heated seat

I'll try to get some better pics today and post em up.  ;D

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Road Bike
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2019, 01:16:32 pm »
Nice.     :great:
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2019, 03:11:27 pm »
Ok, here's some pics...

I forgot I also did the engine head covers from EC, side stand puck from Rivco, and 16" F4 windscreen. I don't care to look through a windscreen, the 16" allows to still raise up for HWY and bad weather, but get lower than the stock 20" for summer weather around town. Routed the battery tender line to the rearward pillion section, have a SAE to dual USB plug for mama to charge on the go if needed. For my wiring harness n 5 flat plug to our Unigo trailer I did as we had on our 2016 Wing and used a Dryspec license plate smuggler box, works great to hide it when not in use, and when needed open it up and drop the plug out the bottom through a dremel hole.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/stash-box-lockable-license-plate-storage-box-by-twisted-throttle?gloc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvq_l0b3I4gIVE7nACh2dVA3ZEAQYAiABEgIbcPD_BwE

Offline Rusty

• Officer
  • Street Cruiser
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live-2008 C14
  • COG#: 9585
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2019, 04:02:50 pm »
Looks great Jay!!

:motonoises:   :motonoises:   :great:

Offline luv2fly

• Road Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2019, 09:57:37 pm »
I gotta unsubscribe from this.  All those cool farkles, pretty pics, makes me wanna pull the trigger. >:(
Loud pipes save lives but helmet laws suck - Its a safety issue

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2019, 12:17:21 pm »
I gotta unsubscribe from this.  All those cool farkles, pretty pics, makes me wanna pull the trigger. >:(

:)) :)) :))

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2019, 12:20:04 pm »
Need to make a couple small adjustments but everything seems to be lining up good with the Rivco hitch and Unigo connection!  :great:

Offline Bobby Lee

• 2010 Neptune candy blue
  • Mini Bike
  • South central
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 11740
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2019, 02:46:58 pm »
YOU MIGHT HAVE SAID AND I MISSED IT BUT WHAT DOES A MAN HAVE TO EXPECT TO PAY FOR ALL THAT COOLNESS  :-X

I HAVE A 2010 C14    MIGHT BE LOOKING SOON
Love the change

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2019, 12:15:20 am »
Looks great Jay!!

:motonoises:   :motonoises:   :great:

Thx Rusty!  :beerchug:

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2019, 12:16:17 am »
YOU MIGHT HAVE SAID AND I MISSED IT BUT WHAT DOES A MAN HAVE TO EXPECT TO PAY FOR ALL THAT COOLNESS  :-X

I HAVE A 2010 C14    MIGHT BE LOOKING SOON

$21k OTD for the new Wing.

Offline Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • COG#: 10640
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2019, 12:36:50 pm »
Unigo needs NEW PAINT!

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2019, 01:33:49 am »
Unigo needs NEW PAINT!

:iagree: :goodpost: :stupid:

It was painted with a textured rhino liner type product by the previous owner, which actually looks pretty good and is super durable against scratches, could probably go black over top...  :??:

Otherwise probably easier to just get a different color one, they're really cool but not unicorns, I see em pop up for sale on some of the other forums for a couple grand often enough. Now that the Wing is setup, it's all plug and play for towing, will be great for longer 2up trips and camping, we're already talking about putting a good trip together for next summer, can't wait!  ;D

Offline Bumblebee

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12745
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2019, 12:15:56 pm »
Sorry it's taken so long to chime in.  I've been admiring the photos for some time.  Fantastic looking ride!  Love the color.  Have a great summer!   

Offline Just Cliff

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9547
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2019, 11:32:14 am »
Unigo needs NEW PAINT!

It was painted with a textured rhino liner type product by the previous owner, which actually looks pretty good and is super durable against scratches, could probably go black over top...  :??:

Otherwise probably easier to just get a different color one, they're really cool but not unicorns, I see em pop up for sale on some of the other forums for a couple grand often enough. Now that the Wing is setup, it's all plug and play for towing, will be great for longer 2up trips and camping, we're already talking about putting a good trip together for next summer, can't wait!  ;D

A mismatched trailer is unacceptable for the J man!  :nananana: 
Cliff
2008 Concours, 200,000 miles & counting. 
2014 1000 V Strom

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2019, 04:01:34 am »
Sorry it's taken so long to chime in.  I've been admiring the photos for some time.  Fantastic looking ride!  Love the color.  Have a great summer!

Thx B, you too!  :beerchug:

Unigo needs NEW PAINT!

A mismatched trailer is unacceptable for the J man!  :nananana: 

;D  Welcome back brother, I saw the pics, looks like an epic trip!  :great: :beerchug:

Offline Diz

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12056
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2019, 09:14:38 am »
So sweet!!! I'm drooling over the seat but an awful lot of refinements with additions. I think Gumby may have it wrong with the unigo cause you have a tendency to change the color of the bike. It may end up matching the trailer after all......

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2019, 09:35:14 pm »
So sweet!!! I'm drooling over the seat but an awful lot of refinements with additions. I think Gumby may have it wrong with the unigo cause you have a tendency to change the color of the bike. It may end up matching the trailer after all......

;D  You know me too well DZ, I have thought about putting the Honda matte silver bodywork set on it. 

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2019, 09:37:15 pm »
Check out this new Wing build...   8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAjnIeGhTI

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2019, 02:10:11 pm »
Trip 2 report... after trip 1 we added a couple comfort things to the new Wing, last weekend we got a chance to test them out on a quick weekend trip to see my wife's sister, Portland to Boise, 1k miles round trip, one day over and one day back. We hit about every terrain Oregon has to offer, had rain and fog going up over Mt Hood on the way out, but once on the east side of Mt Hood the sun came out and stayed with us the rest of the time, temps were mid-40's to low 90's.

New seat, we got the Ultimate seat and it was very welcomed, no complaints from me or my wife, big improvement over oem, the heat worked great when the temps dropped going over Mt Hood. For the Ultimate heated seat the on/off switch is on a remote about the size of a car remote, it doesn't use the oem controls, my wife keeps one of the remotes, I find them impossible to use with gloves so when I need it on/off I just ask my wife with our Packtalk and she turns it on/off for me. Not ideal if I were solo riding but I have other bikes for that, the Wing is our dedicated 2up bike so mama's always with me. We have no regrets at all with the Ultimate seat, very comfy.

F4 16" windscreen & Honda upper air deflectors, huge improvement for both of us, less air hitting our sides with wings closed when cold, and noticeable more air open when hot.

Routed battery tender lead out back left of the pillion seat, SAE to dual USB worked great for charging Packtalk while riding and my wife's phone.

We're already looking forward to another trip, as for the Wing I'd say she's dialed in for us now. Also got a trailer hitch installed but we don't have any trips this year that warrant bringing the trailer, next summer hopefully some longer trips with camping involved, that's what we use our Unigo for. Also got the Honda trunk rack installed but we didn't need to use it for this over-nighter.

As you've probably heard by now the COG 2020 National is being held in the PNW, here's some pics my wife took on this trip of the different landscapes of Oregon we rode through, mostly all on HWY 26 that runs across Oregon, it's really terrible, don't move here.

Offline Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • COG#: 10640
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2019, 03:55:35 pm »

WTH? Nobody needs to see you doing that on the side of the road! ::)

Offline MtnRider

• Road Bike
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »
+1

:rotflmao:
2015 Black C14