Author Topic: Who else has moved up to the new H2SXSE from a C14?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Who else has moved up to the new H2SXSE from a C14?
« on: January 21, 2019, 06:11:15 pm »
So,
The day after I closed on my house this past December I went and put a down payment on an '18 H2SXSE. I picked it up 2 days later. I wasn't too thrilled with the color scheme of the '19 although I was intrigued by the electronic suspension and maybe a little by the bluetooth capability but not 7K worth of interest. I was OTD for less than 22K before I went on my farkling spree.  This bike is so quick, I can't wait to flash it now. It is a little unnerving having a bike break the rear tire loose powering up in 3rd gear at speed though. Suspension is a beautiful thing, light years ahead of the C14 and the ride is firm but compliant. The quick shifter is a wonderful thing for keeping the miles off the front tire as well. I will be putting her through her paces at Jennings in a couple weeks so we'll see how much I like more power and less weight than the C14.
Matt
2018 H2 SXSE.  (FAT SXSE)
2011 GSX1250 FA
2009 Ninja 500R. (wifes')
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline Jacquelyn

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
Re: Who else has moved up to the new H2SXSE from a C14?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:31:17 pm »
So,
The day after I closed on my house this past December I went and put a down payment on an '18 H2SXSE. I picked it up 2 days later. I wasn't too thrilled with the color scheme of the '19 although I was intrigued by the electronic suspension and maybe a little by the bluetooth capability but not 7K worth of interest. I was OTD for less than 22K before I went on my farkling spree.  This bike is so quick, I can't wait to flash it now. It is a little unnerving having a bike break the rear tire loose powering up in 3rd gear at speed though. Suspension is a beautiful thing, light years ahead of the C14 and the ride is firm but compliant. The quick shifter is a wonderful thing for keeping the miles off the front tire as well. I will be putting her through her paces at Jennings in a couple weeks so we'll see how much I like more power and less weight than the C14.
Matt

Have to say I like the features  and tech, but in my mind it's just too SPORT focused to contend for replacing my C14.   

Online gsun

• Sport Tourer
  • CDA #560
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9127
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 03:54:38 am »
 >:D

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 02:09:26 pm »
So,
Matt
I was concerned about the riding position myself but those fears are gone. I talked at length with Kevin Remsen in NY who also upgraded to an SE last year. I doubt I will have any issues doing my 2-400 mile play days on this bike. Smile factor is quite a bit higher than it was on my tuned up C14's. I don't see me ever doing another 900+ mile day again so the additional "sport" is a welcome thing ion my book. I do notice it gets pushed a bit more by trucks and crosswinds than a Concours but I am usually grinning to big to car that much. 100+ lbs weight loss has to have some disadvantage doesn't it?
Matt

Have to say I like the features  and tech, but in my mind it's just too SPORT focused to contend for replacing my C14.
2011 GSX1250 FA
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline Jacquelyn

• Mini Bike
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 11:24:46 pm »
So,
Matt
I was concerned about the riding position myself but those fears are gone. I talked at length with Kevin Remsen in NY who also upgraded to an SE last year. I doubt I will have any issues doing my 2-400 mile play days on this bike. Smile factor is quite a bit higher than it was on my tuned up C14's. I don't see me ever doing another 900+ mile day again so the additional "sport" is a welcome thing ion my book. I do notice it gets pushed a bit more by trucks and crosswinds than a Concours but I am usually grinning to big to car that much. 100+ lbs weight loss has to have some disadvantage doesn't it?
Matt

Glad it works for you. Absolutely no way the ergos would work for me even for the shorter 200-400 mile rides you noted.

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 03:16:39 pm »
Need pics Matt...  >:D

Grats brother!  :great:
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline Uncle Rob

• Road Bike
  • "Knock it off with those negative waves!"
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11810
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 03:01:17 pm »
A guy at work bought one, promptly reprogrammed it and changed the blower gears.  He tried to dyno it a couple of weeks age but couldn't keep the rear tire from spinning on the drum.
2003 C10
1999 Buell X1
Others in pieces

Rob Thomson

Offline Deanc

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10429
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 05:47:04 pm »
Have not upgraded to the H2SXSE but am interested in your thoughts and experiences with the your new sweetheart.  Looks and sounds awesome.  I know I'd miss my center stand if I made the switch...
2011 C14 Silver, Canyon Cages, Leo Vince SBK exhaust, Sargent seat, SISF Evolution Flash, etc.
Sold: 2006 C10, 2 MM, SISF torque cams, Overflow Tubes, Murph Tip over bars & pegs, Rifle, Spencer Seat,  etc...  COG#: 10429

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:48 pm »
Have not upgraded to the H2SXSE but am interested in your thoughts and experiences with the your new sweetheart.  Looks and sounds awesome.  I know I'd miss my center stand if I made the switch...
Why?  The SXSE has a centerstand.....    :nananana:
Matt
2011 GSX1250 FA
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline BadgerApaches

• Bicycle
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 10:37:03 am »
THAT looks like super-fun! What tires does it come with factory?

Appears we need a new category for WSBK-worthy touring mounts.

To borrow from Ducati; the Hyper-Tour. What size is the fuel cell?
Legal Services for Manufacturers world wide.

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:13:18 pm »
She came with Bridgestone S21 hypersport tires. They seem to do pretty good once warmed up but on cold tires and cold pavement it is totally another story. This bike will rip the rear tire loose in a heartbeat on warm pavement. Lower temps makes it exciting to say the least......

Matt
2011 GSX1250 FA
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline BadgerApaches

• Bicycle
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 08:43:19 pm »
She came with Bridgestone S21 hypersport tires. They seem to do pretty good once warmed up but on cold tires and cold pavement it is totally another story. This bike will rip the rear tire loose in a heartbeat on warm pavement. Lower temps makes it exciting to say the least......

Matt

Yup, B'stones are great for racing, when you are using warmers of course!

Sounds like you're having fun!
Legal Services for Manufacturers world wide.

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 12:06:45 pm »
Well,
I sent my ECU off to Ohio for a little "warm-up" at Brocks Performance. (sorry Steve).  Dyno there says about 241HP at the wheel now with the current set-up. This thing is blisteringly fast...... I think I wet myself a little while I was giggling so hard!

Matt
2011 GSX1250 FA
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline Uncle Rob

• Road Bike
  • "Knock it off with those negative waves!"
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11810
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 07:43:31 pm »
A guy at work bought one, promptly reprogrammed it and changed the blower gears.  He tried to dyno it a couple of weeks age but couldn't keep the rear tire from spinning on the drum.

Update.  He melted a piston on this bike, took all the mods off of it, and had it rebuilt , under warranty, at the local dealer.  Then traded it on a Ducati.  Short story is be very careful about buying a used H2SXSE in central Florida.
2003 C10
1999 Buell X1
Others in pieces

Rob Thomson

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 07:50:21 pm »

Update.  He melted a piston on this bike, took all the mods off of it, and had it rebuilt , under warranty, at the local dealer.  Then traded it on a Ducati.  Short story is be very careful about buying a used H2SXSE in central Florida.

wellll....
that's just peachy... nice to know.....
people like that really toast my agates.... :-[ >:(

you could be a nice person, and post where he dumped that bike off to... a a caution for some unsuspecting buyer in the area "finding a super deal on a low mile H2".... that really ain't a "deal".

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 04:33:15 pm »
Well,
I sent my ECU off to Ohio for a little "warm-up" at Brocks Performance. (sorry Steve).  Dyno there says about 241HP at the wheel now with the current set-up. This thing is blisteringly fast...... I think I wet myself a little while I was giggling so hard!

Matt

I know it needs to be properly broken in, but if you have already, what is the top speed of yours Matt, with a proper flash and those mods to the blower?
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 06:12:04 pm »
Well,

Matt

I know it needs to be properly broken in, but if you have already, what is the top speed of yours Matt, with a proper flash and those mods to the blower?
Don't think Matt did anything to the blower.  Someone else did and s$*t started melting down. :-\ :-\
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline Baggerjohn

• Bicycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 01:15:53 pm »
The C14 is the only sport-oriented mount in Kawi's line which works for me (somewhat) "out of the box". Even then I had to make peg, bar and seat adjustments for very long days in the saddle.

An H2 of some flavor would be fun, but not for me as a trade for the ability to rack up the miles.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:53:48 pm by Baggerjohn »

Offline Bobby Lee

• 2010 Neptune candy blue
  • Mini Bike
  • South central
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 11740
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 02:54:02 pm »
PICTURE PLEASE SIR     :motonoises:
Love the change

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 03:08:08 pm »
Well,
After my track day in sunny Fl the bike has been pretty much parked. Had one good 300 mile ride day a while back with some Coggers.  Recently (may 24th), had a serious Afib attack and have been unable to ride since. Head is foggy from low blood pressure so I won't risk it yet. Cant really work now either. Sadly, I am debating on selling off the bikes in the stable.  Tuesday I go back to the hospital for a procedure to try to "reset" the electrical side of my heart for a normal rhythm and hopefully it will be a success.  Worst case; my wife will be selling my stuff afterwards. Hoping to be able to go back to work, ditch all these meds, and go riding again soon. Y'all have fun now!
Matt
2011 GSX1250 FA
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »
Doctors can do wonders with heart problems these days.  My mother and brother in law are alive because of the advances in cardiac medicine.  Those that walk in for a heart procedure, tend to walk out afterwards.   A good friend's dad had a valve replaced at 93.  Think he's gonna be 99 shortly.  Good luck on Tuesday Matt!  We're all behind you!
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline Bob

• Bob
  • Mini Bike
  • COG#: 1398
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 10:53:12 pm »
Matt, Don't get in too big of a hurry to sell off the bikes. The chances of recovery from heart problems is pretty good these days.
I had a heart valve replaced in 2014 (aortic valve), and had the ablation procedure (four spots) to control the afib in 2015.
Got the blood pressure under control with medication and I still ride - just nor quite as aggressive as before. It's still fun.
I can still climb ladders, work on roofs, and even a little tree trimming and I'm 75 years old.
Hope you have a good "electrical" heart doctor, they can do wonders.
Bob Skinner

Offline HeavyRotation

• Tricycle
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 12:06:09 am »
Get well soon Matt, best wishes and  prayers sent out for ya. I just got back to enduro riding after some gnarly medical stuff. Look ahead brother.

Offline MichiGlenn

• Road Bike
  • "Wherever you are, be all there" Jim Elliot
  • COG#: 10892
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 12:36:05 am »
Sad to hear the H-TooSexy literally set your heart aflutter. Prayers for smart doctors and a quick recovery. May you be back in the saddle soon.
2001 C-10
1977 Honda CB750K Sold
1978 Honda CB750K Long Gone
1972 Honda CL175 Ancient History
Heald Super Tryke 8hp, Wards T555 Trike

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 03:34:20 pm »
Well,
The procedure was a success and I am now back in good rhythm. No fire sale just yet it seems. Feeling so much better in only a few days from where I was a week ago. Thanks for all the well wishes and hope to see some of you all at the national in a few weeks. I will only be up there for a day or two due to work requirements but I wanted to get to see as many as I can.
Matt
2011 GSX1250 FA
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')