Author Topic: 2014 Vmax at the drag strip  (Read 924 times)

Offline txfatboy

• Road Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9540
  • Membership Level: Active
2014 Vmax at the drag strip
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:28:18 pm »
Finally got to make a few fun passes at a local 1/8 mile drag strip.  Performance mods include modified air box with K&N filter, mid pipes with stock mufflers and reflashed ECU.  :motonoises:

https://youtu.be/zv2xfIv7xHQ
Woody

2014 V-Max Matt Gray, air box and exhaust mods, reflashed ECU, now over 200 hp. Currently accepting donations for rear tire money.......
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels, modified swing arm, ZRX1200 forks with full race tech gold valves a springs  and 6pot Calipers, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and running lights.

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: 2014 Vmax at the drag strip
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »
Woody, I just came across your post.
What was your time/speed?

Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline txfatboy

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9540
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 2014 Vmax at the drag strip
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:06:55 am »
I think that video was the first pass. IIRC I ran a 7.02, leaving from idle and short shifting (1/8 mile). With the few performance mods done so far, the bike is capable of running 9.80's (with my weight) in the 1/4 mile. It is making about 200hp at the rear tire. I have a PC5, Auto tune, front strap with brackets, quick shifter, air shifter, deadman switch, and modified air box waiting to go on the bike this winter and am researching the nitrous system . Most likely will have a 40 to 60hp shot but have to upgrade the fuel pump. I also have a spare throttle body assembly I am going to have the throttle bodies bored from 48 to 50 mm. My goal is to be as close to 300hp at the rear tire by the end of the year as I can get and still be pump gas streetable. Then there are the bigger cams, over bore kit, head porting.....  ;)
Woody

2014 V-Max Matt Gray, air box and exhaust mods, reflashed ECU, now over 200 hp. Currently accepting donations for rear tire money.......
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels, modified swing arm, ZRX1200 forks with full race tech gold valves a springs  and 6pot Calipers, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and running lights.