Author Topic: 2017 National Rally dates  (Read 39593 times)

Offline Sport Rider

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: 2017 National Rally dates
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2016, 07:44:28 pm »
It's not named on maps because it is a private campground. They don't ordinarily let the public use it or advertise it.  If you look at Google maps and go west on Horseshoe Bend Pkwy, just above the Lodge of the Four Seasons, for about 1 mile you will see a road to the north with a loop drive, just above Regency Cove Dr.  That's the campground. We will be getting photos up eventually, so stand by.

thanks Brian.  I'm going to have to volunteer to pay you back for all my questions!

just to clarify, is there electric at individual campsites?  if so, I'll have refrigeration!  ...and AC!   :great:

Thanks for volunteering Dave :)  As for electric at campsites....best I can recall there are numerous outlets on posts, but I'm not sure there will be one within reach of every tent. Or are you RV-ing?  There is an RV section and a tent section.

RV...I'll have the toy hauler/bunk house conversion.   :great:

Offline 2fast

• Crotch Rocket
  • Red hair & black leather, my favorite color scheme
    • ZG Heat Shields
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 6497
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2016, 07:52:18 pm »
Just booked my room at HQ. They said they have already had a surprising large number of folks calling in to reserve rooms. As was mentioned at the rally announcement in Helen, if we fill our first batch of rooms early, we can reserve more. I would suggest reserving now if you are even thinking of coming :o   You can cancel up to 7 days ahead of time for a full refund, so you really have no risk to book early.
Brian in Minnesota

Offline 2fast

• Crotch Rocket
    • ZG Heat Shields
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2016, 07:54:18 pm »
It's not named on maps because it is a private campground. They don't ordinarily let the public use it or advertise it.  If you look at Google maps and go west on Horseshoe Bend Pkwy, just above the Lodge of the Four Seasons, for about 1 mile you will see a road to the north with a loop drive, just above Regency Cove Dr.  That's the campground. We will be getting photos up eventually, so stand by.

thanks Brian.  I'm going to have to volunteer to pay you back for all my questions!

just to clarify, is there electric at individual campsites?  if so, I'll have refrigeration!  ...and AC!   :great:

Thanks for volunteering Dave :)  As for electric at campsites....best I can recall there are numerous outlets on posts, but I'm not sure there will be one within reach of every tent. Or are you RV-ing?  There is an RV section and a tent section.

Ah, then you will have hookups for power and water.
Brian in Minnesota

Offline Rasmith

• KC MO
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10507
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2016, 12:31:49 pm »
I'm stoked! Reasonable room rates too! Less than the Cortez Holiday Inn room I sadly had to relinquish for work reasons.  :'(
Got this on my Calendar!!! :great:
2012 C14 Candy Arabian Red

Happy Rasmith Brewing™

USAF 78-82

Offline Loren

• Industry Member
  • Bicycle
    • Baldwin Motorbike Saddles
  • COG#: 9775
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2016, 01:42:12 pm »
Made my reservations...I have stayed there before and it is a great locations.  ;)
Loren
Baldwin Motorbike Saddles
www.MotorbikeSaddles.com

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2016, 05:02:58 pm »
It would be better if everyone put as much effort into being happy and making things the way they want as they do complaining about the hard work of others this rally will be awesome. 

Old guys, remember nothing is as cheap as it was.  Rally central is not the only option, can't be  but gee give them a sec to plan.  They were nice and gave you any info early.  Last year we had to wait weeks for some of this to be worked out.

Last but not least, don't sweat it rally heads.  Some people are never happy.  Several said I held the best rally ever but MOB still left complaining about something.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline Ken

• Skinman
  • Bicycle
  • Retired fireman, Vietnam, 101st ABN. 2/17 CAV
  • COG#: 11782
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2016, 05:53:39 pm »
Reservations just made this morning. Booked through Booking.com. Staying at Ozark Inn & Suites. Said no deposit needed just pay on my arrival. You know what they say about if it sounds too good to be true then it's probably not true lol. So about to call the place to check it out. It's $276.14 for 5 nights so I'll see.

Well. I called Ozark Inn & Suites. Booking.com worked. I'm in for next years National. Never ridden in that area so should have some great ridding there. I'm only an hour from Helen so have enjoyed these roads for years. Looking forward to the rides there. Counting the National in my back yard (literally) this will be my second National.

Offline 2fast

• Crotch Rocket
    • ZG Heat Shields
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »
Great price. Might want to check the reviews on Trip Advisor :??:
Brian in Minnesota

Offline JPavlis_CA

• San Jose CA
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 2293
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:19 pm »
Ken - have you seen the reviews on Trip Advisor? I'd call and cancel, but that's just me.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g44751-d141883-Reviews-Ozark_Inn_Suites-Osage_Beach_Lake_of_the_Ozarks_Missouri.html
All God's male children tend to be low-life, sleaze-ball, early apexers - Terry Earwood, Chief Instructor, Skip Barber Racing School.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2016, 06:22:29 pm »
.....  Some people are never happy.  Several said I held the best rally ever but MOB still left complaining about something.

Wait a minute Bob.... what rally was that????
I've never complained about any rally I've attended....  so far... :??:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Ken

• Skinman
  • Bicycle
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »
LOL. Thanks y'all. I'm not one to pay much attention to reviews. But on yalls advise I'll check.

Offline Ken

• Skinman
  • Bicycle
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »
I checked their reviews. See what y'all mean. No going to be there for a pool or a cont. breakfast. I do real breakfast lol. Hope there is a Waffel House or something like it. I'm just looking for somewhere at night to sleep lol.

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:10 pm »

Save us a spot next to you. Mamma done said we're going!
Ron
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline Sport Rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2016, 10:31:05 pm »
That works!!!

Offline kathybrj

• Road Bike
  • I'm just having dessert and liquor
  • COG#: 9331A
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:48 am »
Looking forward to more info on the campground. We'll have our old Class C MH and a few bikes.  ;D
2014 Honda CTX700......usually right behind the hubby's '12 Connie....

Offline Sport Rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2016, 12:53:01 pm »
Looking forward to more info on the campground. We'll have our old Class C MH and a few bikes.  ;D

here's the coordinates to the campground.  38.194402, -92.705063

there's sidewalk the entire distance to Rally Central.  distance from the fork of the campground loop to the front door of the resort is 1.5 miles.

Brian said we should have electric and water hookups for RVs.  not sure about tent spaces.

there appear to be several buildings on the site.  I'm guessing one of them is a shower house.  the other as I understand is a covered pavillion.

it appears that there are about 16 or so RV sites.  some pull through, others back-in.  appears to be lots of tent space.

this will be my first rally at the campsite.   :beerchug:

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • COG#: 9279
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2016, 02:12:44 pm »
If no tent sites have electricity I'll be taking a back-in RV spot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Harley Davidson TriGlide Ultra (Rushmore)
2019 ATC 28' FB Toy Hauler
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline TRM-KS

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 10361
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2016, 02:17:05 pm »
Just read the last page of posts here.  I was born and raised north of the Lake and spent many memorable vacations there with my parents as a youngster.  Later, I did the same with my own family from our two separate stints living in St. Louis. 

I just want to caution everyone that, like most resort areas, there are terrific places to stay and there are some not-so-terrific places.  So even if you're not a regular review checker, please do for this trip.  Especially if you're considering the mom-and-pop places, as they can be either stellar experiences or downright nasty.  True, some reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt, especially those written by people with only one or two reviews under their belt, or those who write only a sentence or two.  And it seems that there is always that person with an ax to grind.  But I've found most reviews to be generally trustworthy.

Even the host hotel had fallen into some disrepair over the years until a management company was brought in.  It was largely through their efforts that $15 million was spent on upgrades.  Negative reviews were largely written before the upgrades were done.  I will be staying there myself.         

Offline Roger Dodger

• Moped
  • COG#: 6017
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »
I'm booked. This place is gorgeous (and gas is cheap) so I may bring the wife.    :great:

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2016, 03:33:29 pm »
.....  Some people are never happy.  Several said I held the best rally ever but MOB still left complaining about something.

Sorry MOB I was just picking on you because it was pick on MOB day I thought.  You told me you did not leave because of the rally in 2012 but it felt kind of that way anytime someone leaves early.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2016, 06:54:22 pm »

Sorry MOB I was just picking on you because it was pick on MOB day I thought.  You told me you did not leave because of the rally in 2012 but it felt kind of that way anytime someone leaves early.

:??:

You must have me cornfused with the other MOB....
I never left a rally early.... and the ones I had to cancel on were due to my boss forcing me to work at the last moment....

My rally list so far is 2004, 2007, and 2014.....  you can pick on me all you want, but please don't spread rumors....

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2016, 07:04:00 pm »
Yep I got the wrong guy.  Sowy Rich.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline DoerOfThings

• Administrator
  • Road Bike
    • DoerOfThings
  • COG#: 10111
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2016, 11:50:40 pm »
http://concours.org/national/2017-national-rally

you can download the brochure here
Allergen notice: This message was processed in a facility that also processes data.

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
  • Oops, my Connie turned into and FJR !!!
  • COG#: 7055
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2016, 04:27:38 am »
Ok reservation made. Looks like I will be at the main lodge. Since I am going to be 65 next year I am treating myself to the luxury room. If anyone needs to borrow some grey poupon let me know.
Also I may be looking to share the room with someone if the wife doesn't go.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:05:29 pm by Jim Snyder »
"Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug" Get used to it cause thats life !!!

Offline Shawn

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12217
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »
Just read the last page of posts here.  I was born and raised north of the Lake and spent many memorable vacations there with my parents as a youngster.  Later, I did the same with my own family from our two separate stints living in St. Louis. 

I just want to caution everyone that, like most resort areas, there are terrific places to stay and there are some not-so-terrific places.  So even if you're not a regular review checker, please do for this trip.  Especially if you're considering the mom-and-pop places, as they can be either stellar experiences or downright nasty.  True, some reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt, especially those written by people with only one or two reviews under their belt, or those who write only a sentence or two.  And it seems that there is always that person with an ax to grind.  But I've found most reviews to be generally trustworthy.

Even the host hotel had fallen into some disrepair over the years until a management company was brought in.  It was largely through their efforts that $15 million was spent on upgrades.  Negative reviews were largely written before the upgrades were done.  I will be staying there myself.       

Hey 2fast and TRM-KS....thanks for all the useful info so early on....I'm planning to be in attendance (and camping).

I know I will probably take some s_it for this, but I checked into Golf rates, rental clubs...at Four Seasons?  I talked to Matt who was super friendly and provided a bunch course info.  I mentioned COG up front.

I am a rider at heart, but still have some old golf blood I'm trying to burn off (like bad gas).  So I'm thinking I can't go to a beautiful resort in the middle of MO and not play a new (to me) course....it's what I used to live for, in between bikes.  I'm thinking I won't get many, if any...takers, but I'll play as a single if necessary.  Make fun if you want, but my bike focus helps my golf focus, and vice versa. :nananana: :motonoises:  Plus...I'm hoping dementia sets in a little bit later if I have more things to focus on. >:D

Anyway, if you stay at Four Seasons...there is 'limited 18 hole access' to the private course which is $220.  :)) :)) :))  It's $220 to keep the resort rift-raff off the private course.  I'm sure it's a pretty 'immaculate' course, but not $220 immaculate. >:(

There are 2 resort courses that are between $65 and $85, depending on time of day.  Also a twilight rate at $25.  All courses rent nice clubs at $50, which is a little steep, but it's a resort.
BTH - Jul 26-29
RWTW - Sep 7-10

'14 C14 Black