Author Topic: 2017 NATIONAL Tire Changing Service Information  (Read 1289 times)

Offline G-Mazz

• Bicycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9048
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
2017 NATIONAL Tire Changing Service Information
« on: May 20, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »
Greetings

Sue and Steve the owners of No-Mar Tire Changers & Moto Tire USA will be at rally central (Lodge of Four Seasons) to offer tire sales and tire changing service.  This will allow you the opportunity to get the most miles out of your current tires and know that fresh tires will be waiting for you once you arrive. 

While they will bring some of the more popular brands in sizes that work best for the C-10 and C-14, the best way to get exactly the size and brand you want is to reserve the tire(s) you want before you leave.

Please call Moto Tire toll free at:  888-976-6686 to reserve exactly what you want.  Sue requests that you give her at least two weeks lead time to order what you want and have it on the truck in case she doesn't already have them in stock.  Also take a look at their line of tire changers if you are a Do-It-Yourself person.

The owners are "Friends of COG" and we are fortunate to have this service available to us this year.  For the utmost in safety take advantage of their service and proximity.  It doesn't get any easier than this.  Their tractor trailer will be parked on the upper parking lot of Campana Hall on the left of the entrance drive.  Cant miss them. 

Call them to reserve your tires today! 

Offline Swampcat

• Officer
  • Road Bike
  • Editor of The Concourier
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12154
  • Membership Level: Concourier Managing Editor
Re: 2017 NATIONAL Tire Changing Service Information
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 02:18:22 pm »
Gary, I think this is a great idea. My rear tire should have enough on it to get me to the rally, but I think it'll be about done once it gets there. I'll be calling them to make sure they have one there for me.

Thanks!
--Ed
2004 C10 ("Shoodaben")
1991 Vulcan 500 ("Lorath")

Send articles/pictures for The Concourier to editor@cog-online.org

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:49:52 pm »
It's also darn interesting to watch. Cool!
2014 C-14

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 12:35:11 am »
So, might want to post some cost estimates on services, so people can bring a second, or third charge card to avoid sticker shock. :-\ :rotflmao:

Cost for swap and balance at the least would be a startng point. :great: :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Online Throttle 8

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12220
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:23:04 pm »
Greetings

Sue and Steve the owners of No-Mar Tire Changers & Moto Tire USA will be at rally central (Lodge of Four Seasons) to offer tire sales and tire changing service.  This will allow you the opportunity to get the most miles out of your current tires and know that fresh tires will be waiting for you once you arrive. 

While they will bring some of the more popular brands in sizes that work best for the C-10 and C-14, the best way to get exactly the size and brand you want is to reserve the tire(s) you want before you leave.

Please call Moto Tire toll free at:  888-976-6686 to reserve exactly what you want.  Sue requests that you give her at least two weeks lead time to order what you want and have it on the truck in case she doesn't already have them in stock.  Also take a look at their line of tire changers if you are a Do-It-Yourself person.

The owners are "Friends of COG" and we are fortunate to have this service available to us this year.  For the utmost in safety take advantage of their service and proximity.  It doesn't get any easier than this.  Their tractor trailer will be parked on the upper parking lot of Campana Hall on the left of the entrance drive.  Cant miss them. 

Call them to reserve your tires today!

This is awesome!
2014  C14 ABS (Metallic Spark Black)
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 10:22:59 pm »
G-Mazz, I already have a tire, and will be trailering in.
(Bringing that tire as a back-up) Don't expect an install.

But, 'If" I do need one, would they do the install as it's not their tire?

Ride safe, Ted

14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline G-Mazz

• Bicycle
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 12:31:02 am »
Ted I'll check with No-Mar this week and PM you once I find out.  They are pretty easy to work with. 

Regarding the post on tire prices and negative commentary; folks are free to choose the service or not.  I think it is great to have their services on-site.  In addition to getting the most out of your current tires, riders get flats and cut tires.  It isn't cheap to overnight a mail order tire.  Then calculate the cost of losing the next day of riding waiting for a tire to arrive and potentially more time waiting for the local dealer to squeeze you in the service department.  I believe in the value of having No-Mar Tire service on premise.

It is important that readers understand No-Mar brings their tractor trailer, tools and tire inventory at no cost to COG.  Driving that rig isn't cheap and a week of their time isn't free either.  Yes they make money on tires and installation.  That pays for their up front costs of fuel, their time and use of their equipment--that's how it works.  Trust me they won't get rich from attending our event.

I'd prefer to keep No-Mar as a friend of COG and have the members appreciate the service they provide.  Again a local dealer won't have the quantity or variety of tires they will bring, nor would members get their bike repaired within the hour. 

If you think prices are more than you want to pay then change your tires before you arrive. 
As the coordinator of the rally I'm very pleased they've agreed to attend.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:36:31 am by G-Mazz »

Offline connie_rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 12:39:51 am »
As I recall, we were able to ask them to reserve tires for us at a previous national.
I think they even had us specify which tires to bring..

Suggestion; If anyone thinks they will need a tire after they arrive, contact them before the national and check that they will have the tire you want.

NOTE: I had them do a rear on my C-10 at a previous National..
           I wasn't at home, and the tire failed..

Luckily, they were there.
No-Mar did all the work, including removal and install on the bike.
I dropped the bike off, and picked it up later..
Yahoo!!

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:15:38 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 12:12:01 am »
Ted I'll check with No-Mar this week and PM you once I find out.  They are pretty easy to work with. 

Regarding the post on tire prices and negative commentary; folks are free to choose the service or not.  I think it is great to have their services on-site.  In addition to getting the most out of your current tires, riders get flats and cut tires.  It isn't cheap to overnight a mail order tire.  Then calculate the cost of losing the next day of riding waiting for a tire to arrive and potentially more time waiting for the local dealer to squeeze you in the service department.  I believe in the value of having No-Mar Tire service on premise.

It is important that readers understand No-Mar brings their tractor trailer, tools and tire inventory at no cost to COG.  Driving that rig isn't cheap and a week of their time isn't free either.  Yes they make money on tires and installation.  That pays for their up front costs of fuel, their time and use of their equipment--that's how it works.  Trust me they won't get rich from attending our event.

I'd prefer to keep No-Mar as a friend of COG and have the members appreciate the service they provide.  Again a local dealer won't have the quantity or variety of tires they will bring, nor would members get their bike repaired within the hour. 

If you think prices are more than you want to pay then change your tires before you arrive. 
As the coordinator of the rally I'm very pleased they've agreed to attend.

Gary, hold on..
As my AAD, I will say I never intended my comments as derrogatory, andif that's how you took it, well, I can't help you there.

I will say this tho, the company sells tire machines.. if they were not at this rally on this weekend, they would be somewheres else... its just the business they do.
Has nothing to do with semantics, commeraderie, or a devotion of any sorts. Simply it is sales, and advertizing.
Now, we have had vendors throut my tenure with this club, that with an invite only, and no gurantees implied, show up, and offer service, all are.great folks... these people also are.. but please don't paint a picture.that doesn't exist, as.we.are.not paying them to be there. They are well.aware of all of this, and have supplied the same thing at the 2014 venue. I only ASKED to get a prife structure, for those not prepared, so they know what to expect... if the supplier cannot offer up a simple price reference, then people will assume this will be a "frugal/low priced endeavor" and when they are there, the issue at hand will, or may be, something they found to be a bit steep. Or, maybe not. Id never go to a ralley from my home, expecting to buy tires en route, without knowing what I had in store.

I feel it is only something we can provide, responsibly, to not give people sticker shock...
Unreasonable? I don't think so.  Everyone has an opinion, I love to see vendors step up, and volunteer to be onsite, and with that I also hope they can disclose prices for service, in advance... so people can accommodate accordingly.

Sorry for my long winded explanation of my comment, but I don't like people misconstrueing what I asked, or said, as something derogatory, or something that someone refuses to answer, or address.

Have fun, ride safe.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:28:09 am by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline Tony K

• Moped
  • COG#: 2436
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 01:50:33 am »
FYI.......... No Mar is also in the tire business. They have a retail store in Fenton Mo.  They also do brakes and other mechanical work. Sure they attend M/C events
for exposure, but they still need to make money. It cost a lot of bucks to go on the road. I'm sure that those who have needed their services at past rallys appreciated
the convenience of No Mar being on site. If you order a tire ahead to be installed at the Rally they will quote you a price. I'm sure that they will match or beat dealer
prices. I have known and ridden with Steve and Sue ( owners of NoMar ) for 20 years and can say that they are "good people".

Two years ago leaving the Cortez Rally No Mar's truck broke down and stranded Steve and Sue for a week and cost many thousands to repair.

Online Throttle 8

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12220
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 07:59:22 pm »
I called for prices today. Pirelli Angel GT A Specs are $174 front/ $220 rear for factory sizes. Free install if wheels off bike, or $50 per wheel if the wheels are on the bike.  About $500 if you don't have your tools and need a tire change. I did not inquire about the PR4GT's but I imagine they are about the same.
2014  C14 ABS (Metallic Spark Black)
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:52:34 pm »
Steve and Sue are good folks. At the Cortez Rally we had to go pick up a C10 with a flat and they offered the use of their bike trailer and loaned us ramps and straps. On the way out of Cortez they blew up their truck. I know they make every effort to make the COG Nat's above all else. The prices may be high but you cannot beat on site service. COG's personal pit crew. Support those that support us. Good Job Gary!  :great:
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 We gonna dance! Danke Schoen

Offline TRM-KS

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 10361
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 08:21:33 pm »
Steve and Sue are good folks. At the Cortez Rally we had to go pick up a C10 with a flat and they offered the use of their bike trailer and loaned us ramps and straps. On the way out of Cortez they blew up their truck. I know they make every effort to make the COG Nat's above all else. The prices may be high but you cannot beat on site service. COG's personal pit crew. Support those that support us. Good Job Gary!  :great:

Amen Mark.  I had Steve replace the crappy 'Stones on my 2010 C14 with new PR4's in Cortez.  I showed up not thinking anything about tire replacement but decided to do it anyway; one look at the rear on arrival at the host hotel Sunday was all the convincing I needed.  I had both ends of the bike done, during the morning rain we got on the second (?) day.  Did I pay more?  Well, a couple of the usual naysayers said I did.  Was I happy that Steve and Sue were there?  And all the way from St. Louis to boot?  You bet your ***.  They were pro's, treated me like a valued customer, and sold me tires that I hadn't already reserved.  So to me, their added "convenience fee" was well worth it, and probably no more than I would have paid locally at home anyway.  And as we've beaten to death on the forum, the new Michelins were a dream to ride on the rest of the week, and then home.  So thanks to you for arranging their presence at Cortez, and thanks to Gary and his team for arranging for MoTwisties.     

Offline Bikejunkie1013

• Bicycle
    • JMP Cycle Kawasaki
  • COG#: 8620
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 01:09:08 am »
The No-Mar crew saved our week at a MSTA rally a few years back
Picked up a drywall screw in the rear tire of the C10
He repaired the tire and did it on the hot blacktop under the awning.
I don't remember the price, but it was worth it!!
Rode on that tire for 2 weeks before we replaced it.

2015 GREEN C-14
2013 Ninja 1000 Black and White
2003 ZRX1200r Red
1985 GPZ 900r red

Offline Victor Salisbury

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 3673
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 11:50:32 am »
I'm with MoB here, you title '.......Tire Changing Service Information'  so provide some information to let everyone know what the price points are up front, and set some reasonable expectations for our attendees. Maybe the price of a pre-ordered tire will be significantly cheaper to order ahead of time as opposed to 'off the rack' on site; mounting of any tire not purchased from them is xx.xx , mounting of tire purchased from No-Mar is xx.xx, on the bike R&R price or off the bike change price?

That is what I did when I had No-Mar show up to their first COG National in 2014, (thank you so much for getting the trend started, you're welcome) so I already know how awesome/great/wonderful/helpful Steve, Sue and whatever crew they bring are and would love to support them onsite in appreciation of them taking on such a gargantuan task of being there for us.

How great an wonderful the company No-Mar is, is not the point here; how much service will cost (and maybe cost of No-Mar products I can take home, or have shipped once I've seen them in action) will be a great service to our members for planning purposes and provide reasonable expectations to our members attending their own rally.  We know No-Mar is in business to make money, but, they also made that business decision to be a guest at our rally. Their are those who do not choose to grasp the fact No-Mar is a for profit business, but they will pipe up either way. Transparency of price expectations for the attendees as a whole will go a lot farther. For those who dissent, the naysayers; trust you me, the masses that have had the No-Mar experience at one of our Nationals (or elsewhere) will quell that real quick.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 12:10:17 pm by Victor Salisbury »
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673 
'97 Connie "The Grinch" 
Sarasota, FL 
www.cog-online.org 
Stupid Hurts! Wearing protective gear is much more comfortable.

Offline G-Mazz

• Bicycle
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 02:23:49 pm »
Call this number:  888-976-6686 
You can ask all the questions you want about the different brand, sizes and installation costs for your bike.

Offline Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10640
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 03:41:15 pm »
I called and ordered a tire last week from No-Mar because I will definitely need one for my trek home. As I was checking out their website trying to find some prices for tires and installation that I could copy and paste for this thread I noticed on their events page that they are doing the MSTA rally in Colorado June 11th-15th and they have our rally listed as June 20th-24th  :-\

I called, but Steve was not in and the guy I spoke with said that was a typo on their site and they are doing the MSTA this weekend and they will be at the COG rally the following week.
MSTA rally in Colorado June 11-15th and Show Me Mo Twisties June 12th-16th. Things that make you go hmmmm. :017:

Should I ship a tire to the hotel and have a local shop put it on or will No-Mar be at our rally.

Thanks,

Offline G-Mazz

• Bicycle
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 09:17:09 pm »
This morning a scheduling conflict was discovered and No-Mar/Moto Tire will not be attending our rally.  Simple enough to say there was some confusion with the dates.  Unfortunately they don't have enough employees to run their two retail stores and staff two road crews.  I have already contacted those of you who reserved tires with them. 

THE BACK UP PLAN
I had a very quick conversation with the service manager of the local dealer who already agreed to help with emergency mechanical and repair issues.  He will pick up the slack to install tires and get us quick turn around times.

He was waiting in his doctor's office during our initial conversation and I didn't have enough time to confirm labor prices, etc for this post.  We will finish our conversation tomorrow (Tuesday).  After I talk with the dealer I'll post more detailed information. 

The dealer has agreed to install tires you bring but the tires must be new for them to install.  They will not install used tires. 

I have confirmed with the hotel that if you order your own tires you can have them shipped directly to the hotel.  We can get your tire and your bike to the dealership if necessary.  Tires will be delivered to the shipping/receiving area of the hotel and you can pick them up there.  Please make sure your name is clearly marked on the shipping label and sent to the address below. 

Lodge of Four Seasons
YOUR NAME
315 Four Seasons Drive 
Lake Ozark, MO  65049
573-365-3000

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.  I'm as surprised as everyone but I am very confident we have a good back up plan to take care of you.  Again more information coming tomorrow.  In the meantime if you know ahead of time you're going to need tires then order now and have them drop shipped to the hotel.   

Offline connie_rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 09:53:38 pm »
I "volunteer "Cliff" to change all tires at the event.
 He told me he can change a tire with his tire tools in 10 minutes flat. (And not scratch the rim)

I want to see him do it,,, "repeatedly"..   >:D

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

Offline Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10640
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 01:02:11 am »
We can get your tire and your bike to the dealership if necessary. 

Bummer deal, but it is actually cheaper to drop ship a tire from Amazon. This ain't my first rodeo.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:28:50 pm by Gumby »

Offline G-Mazz

• Bicycle
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 09:28:11 pm »
The shop which is supporting the rally with mechanical and tire changing service is located 9 miles for the Lodge.  It is a large dealership.  They are one of the largest personal watercraft dealers in the country.  They also inventory boats, ATVs, and they are a KAWASAKI motorcycle dealer. 

YC Powersports (www.ycpowersports.com)
4760 Formula Dr.
Osage Beach, MO  65065
573-348-6200

They will install new tires that you bring on your own.  Chad the service manager and I are exchanging ideas to bolster his tire inventory for the rally.  In general terms all their services are charged by the hour including tire installs.  Their labor rate is $89/per hr.  Chad assured me he would work with anyone needing service including tire installs.  He said he will be fair on prices and not take advantage of an unfortunate situation.   

IN GENERAL TERMS
Depending on the bike, Mounting/Balancing is 1/2 hour labor for a wheel off the bike, about an hour charge for wheel on the bike.  A small discount is applied to the cost if you change both tires.  These charges are for those who bring in their own tire(s). 

I'll post additional information as it develops.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Offline G-Mazz

• Bicycle
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 06:28:24 pm »
YC Powersports will have additional tires stocked to fit both the C-10's and the C-14's in case anyone has some unexpected tire problems. 

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 08:59:36 pm »
Excellent Gary. If we get near them and have a minute, maybe some folks will stop in and say "thanks." I'm sure they'll appreciate it. I did that in Cortez and they were most appreciative to recognized. Thanks for lining up some support.
2014 C-14