Author Topic: National Rally Dates for 2020  (Read 1828 times)

Offline MotoCommuter

• Kurt Brown - SE AAD GA
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 7115
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: National Rally Dates for 2020
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 07:37:00 pm »
Marty, let's talk about this at RWTW, maybe we can get a shipping option together. Then fly in!!

Your best bet would be to have someone that is attending take them out there. The bigger companies would be transporting several across country and making various stops, you would probably have a several day window on the delivery and would probably need someone local to take delivery for you and same on the return. It might be easier to just fly and rent one.
Run With The Wolf: Sep 5-8
Spider Ride: Sep 12-15
Barber Vintage Festival: Oct 3 - 6
If it's not fun, why do it?

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12907
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 09:22:53 am »
I'm considering this as an option too. Ride out, ship back or vice versa. The prices are .... wooo, up there. But considering camping/hotel, meals, wear and tear on the bike and body :-\, and the time out of work just for travel is rough. One way is an option, even both. I would 100% want to get in on a shipping set up. Or getting someone to sacrifice a truck and trailer and some butt time driving bikes out and or back would be an option. Paid for of course!  :great:

Mike
Here ya go.
https://www.twistedroad.com/bike-details.php?perma=2016-Yamaha-R1-5968&date-from=06/15/2020&date-to=06/19/2020&date-from=06/15/2020&date-to=06/19/2020
2005 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline funsize

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9297A
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 06:05:44 pm »
Sadly, I don't think Jorge and I are going to make it for next year.  Makes my heart sad because I always look forward to getting together with my COG family.

Irene

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 08:53:36 pm »
Sadly, I don't think Jorge and I are going to make it for next year.  Makes my heart sad because I always look forward to getting together with my COG family.

Irene

:'(
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 11:29:49 pm »
Reservations made. See ya'll there...…..  :great:

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 02:00:42 am »

Irene

Going onto my prayer list to change before then.  Would love to see y'all there.   O:-)
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline SantaCruzRider

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 8702
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 05:21:00 pm »
Going to be busy month and I think I'm starting it in Mexico, then Chicago the week before the rally -- but pretty sure I'm in. May be a day late, but I'll be riding up! Really looking forward to my first COG National.
Dan Breeden
Concourier editor emeritus (2015-'16), OtP tag-along rider 2017
'94 Concours; '02 FZ1

Offline Douglas

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8649
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 01:05:25 am »
Oooh Oooooh This is gonna be a good one. Great location. Close to Mt Hood and Mt Rainier. Across the water from Portland, Near Tillamook. This trip is a real Winner! I'm so in. Let me know what you find in the way of motorcycle rentals near Portland airport.  :motonoises:

Marty: I'll bet Amazon can one-day Prime-ship a motorcycle there (smirk)  :)
ASE Certified mechanic.
Former CCS/WERA licensed racer #51.
"Whatever you do in life surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you" John Wooden
"Political correctness dumbs down our society because idiots come away propagating their beliefs as though they are correct" Douglas Re

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director (Past)
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 02:21:46 am »
Now don't take this as gospel. Just an OMC rant. But getting to and back from the nat is 50% of the fun. Going from the west to The East coast 3 times now the ride out and back was a huge part of the story. I hear ya, Not everyone can take 2 weeks for a MC ride. But if you can Man is there stuff to C and do. C U there I hope. I heard rumors of a bikini bike wash.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline Jerry_Layman_NE

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1374
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2019, 09:26:45 am »
You know, since I retired I've been making an effort to visit my siblings once a year and one of them lives just north of the rally, in Seattle and two live in Portland. I usually fly, but ... I'm seriously thinking about driving out next year, do the rally, touch base with my sibs and take the scenic route home. Hmmm... If I drive the new Dodge I'll have room for more than one guitar too...  Gotta start thinking about a plan... 

>:D
Jerry Layman  COG 1374 
Fremont Nebraska

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2019, 04:26:55 pm »
Now don't take this as gospel. Just an OMC rant. But getting to and back from the nat is 50% of the fun. Going from the west to The East coast 3 times now the ride out and back was a huge part of the story. I hear ya, Not everyone can take 2 weeks for a MC ride. But if you can Man is there stuff to C and do. C U there I hope. I heard rumors of a bikini bike wash.

Old Guy on a Connie;   Ohhh nooooo!!   Don't do it!!  :c002: :41:  :-\

If you gonna wear a bikini when you wash my bike,,, no one will come!!! :29: :s_laugh:
  I guess it's Prolly ok if Doug does though...   :-\  {We could take pictures}   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:41:53 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline AmphibSailor

• Cibolo, TX Hooligan.
  • Crotch Rocket
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2019, 07:16:39 pm »

Old Guy on a Connie;   Ohhh nooooo!!   Don't do it!!  :c002: :41:  :-\

If you gonna wear a bikini when you wash my bike,,, no one will come!!! :29: :s_laugh:
  I guess it's Prolly ok if Doug does though...   :-\  {We could take pictures}   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Ride safe, Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyz21LVPYaQ
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Mountain Runner Flash.  
2015 V1K.  Corbin Dual Sport saddle; MRA Vario windscreen; TRex Frame Sliders

Offline Mcfly

• Stayin' for the people....
  • Iron Butt
  • What've I done!?
  • COG#: 9921
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2019, 08:33:54 pm »
I'm considering this as an option too. Ride out, ship back or vice versa. The prices are .... wooo, up there. But considering camping/hotel, meals, wear and tear on the bike and body :-\, and the time out of work just for travel is rough. One way is an option, even both. I would 100% want to get in on a shipping set up. Or getting someone to sacrifice a truck and trailer and some butt time driving bikes out and or back would be an option. Paid for of course!  :great:

Mike

Having purchased my XR from Texas, I can say with some certainty that shipping bikes to the Rally will
be too nerve racking.  Pick up dates are estimated, as are delivery dates.  More specific dates can be
met at additionsl cost.  My bike was $800 to ship, insured for what I paid for it.  Shipping time was 2-3 weeks.
That's a LOT of worry time (especially round trip).  Plus side, bike was not damaged at all. 
2016 BMW S1000XR Premium in Alpine White aka 'Spooky'

SOLD: 2006 Concours aka "Connie"

FL/SE Assistant Area Director

Offline Douglas

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8649
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:04 am »
Amazon next-day air 🦆
ASE Certified mechanic.
Former CCS/WERA licensed racer #51.
"Whatever you do in life surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you" John Wooden
"Political correctness dumbs down our society because idiots come away propagating their beliefs as though they are correct" Douglas Re

Offline Daboo

• Global Moderator
  • Scooter
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12797
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 05:27:56 pm »
Having purchased my XR from Texas, I can say with some certainty that shipping bikes to the Rally will
be too nerve racking.  Pick up dates are estimated, as are delivery dates.  More specific dates can be
met at additionsl cost.  My bike was $800 to ship, insured for what I paid for it.  Shipping time was 2-3 weeks.
That's a LOT of worry time (especially round trip).  Plus side, bike was not damaged at all.
I'll fly out and ride it to the rally for you.  You pay the gas and cost of any performance awards.  Might not even need a motel...

I'll even guarantee the pickup date and drop off date.  :)

Such a deal...

Chris
IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6