Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
My vote: A WHITE motorcycle facing South. Final answer. We all agree, Hot air expands, Colder...contracts. After Hot/Cold. Hot/Cold for several weeks, a Dark, unshaded tank's air in a hot Humid place will inhale more outside air moisture before it condenses, usually every evening. I have seen 2" of water in a Dark colored no-leak 300/Gal. tank that sat in bright sunlight. That's sorta why almost ALL huge fuel tanks are WHITE and rarely RED anymore. Also, they never, ever fill a Propane/LP tank near full in cold weather. Ever.
Southeast Events / Re: RWTW
« Last post by Pittsburgh_Clem on Today at 02:10:18 am »
I will go early just to beat Roman.  Hello Mr. T Hope you are having a grand time

No matter how early you get there, I will be greeting you with my freshly made Cuban coffee. :beerchug: :) :rotflmao:

Its a deal my friend :beerchug:
Good one OMOAC, my corrosionless cap of gasage stays just so a long as I sacrifice a cat to Shaitan every full moon.
I have an 08, and am in Utah.   No corrosion issues and I can't say I ever paid much attention to the fuel level. 

There are several Maverik stores, here in Utah, that have the non-ethanol fuel and I do try to run that , if possible.
Utah guy here too. My ‘08 did originally come from Florida. I had to take the cap apart completely just a month after I bought it this summer. Was totally covered in oxidation. Washed it up and coated everything was some antisieze. Doubtful I’ll ever have to do it again.
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Valve adjust on 2013 C14
« Last post by ron203 on Today at 12:52:11 am »
 :popcorncouple:
Other Motorcycles / Re: Tis the season... K1 Gixxer 750 rescue
« Last post by ZG on Today at 12:42:13 am »
Making progress with the Gixxer...  >:D

- New fork seals
- Galfer braided lines front n rear
- EBC rotors front n rear
- EBC HH pads front n rear
- Michelin Power 3's front n rear

:great: :great:

Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Valve adjust on 2013 C14
« Last post by Rock on Yesterday at 11:25:42 pm »
All:

I'm going to get the flash probably this week. Coordinating my place to stay after Steve does his magic on my bike. Don't want to try and return to Columbus in one day, but so many options.

Phil
Southeast Events / Re: 15th ANNUAL, LAST BLAST BEFORE......
« Last post by Steve in Sunny Fla on Yesterday at 11:19:51 pm »
I hope it's going to be at least half way warm, I can't handle those cold mornings, ya know  ::)  I just mounted up a new Pirelli Angel Gt front tire today, the Michelin wouldn't have made it across the state and back, so I'm ready to go now Larry! Looking forward to it!  :beerchug: Steve
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Another Rostra wiring question...
« Last post by BDF on Yesterday at 09:29:52 pm »
Glad to help if and when I can. Glad that worked out for you directly so you can now move ahead quickly without having to chase some 'ghost' electrical problem.

As you passed the other diagnostic tests, and found a very distinct problem with the VSS that you are about to solve, you should be all set with the Rostra install. Hope it works well for you.

Brian

Thanks Brian,
I did what you suggested and that is exactly the problem; the speedometer read zero.
I had the pink wire exposed and it was sitting close to a ground source; that probably did it in.
Ordered a new VSS; on the way.

I'll keep this post updated after I get the part and things working.
Thanks so much for your help.
Dean

Once in a while, some have had some trouble with wiring a Rostra into the VSS and caused the VSS to fail electrically. Not common but it does happen now and then and is quite easy to do (letting the pink wire touch anything grounded for example). So if the speedomometer test shows there is no signal from the VSS, you may have to replace it. Now that the bike has been out so long, those sensors are usually avaiable very inexpensively from salvage yards so not all that horrible a think really.

Again, best of luck and please do let us know how it ends up for you or if you cannot get around this problem.

Brian

Thanks Brian,
I did what you suggested and that is exactly the problem; the speedometer read zero.
I had the pink wire exposed and it was sitting close to a ground source; that probably did it in.
Ordered a new VSS; on the way.

I'll keep this post updated after I get the part and things working.
Thanks so much for your help.
Dean
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10