Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks guys. I will scrub and grease it. The reason I saw this was because I have a dead battery. Possibly time for a new battery.
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Old Battery
« Last post by Rev Ryder on Today at 03:34:41 am »
Agreed.
I run a Valentine1.  You can't beat the arrows and sensitivity.  I put a section of bicycle inner tube around it and us a piece of nylon string as a safety lanyard.  I mount the detector to the windshield using the V1's suction cups.  I run the power cord through a V1 remote display and that has an audio output I run into my intercom.  It is well shielded from rain, but if the rain is heavy, I pull over and put it away.  Don't need it in a downpour. 
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: SuperTrapp
« Last post by Colt45 on Today at 03:12:26 am »
Wow - that write up -Straight out of the 70's  :-X  Steve

Yeah, with cats, the exhaust doesn't do that anymore. 
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Old Battery
« Last post by CRocker on Today at 03:12:03 am »
Three to four years is about the life of a battery anymore...and, that's with a Battery Tender...

You probably should just go ahead and buy a new one... :truce:
I got myself prepared for the rain, the camping and mosquitoes is something I've heard a lot.  A tractor show I was camping at last year had some of the worst I've ever experienced, a literal cloud of them around ya.  Found a few tricks and some small repellent devices that MIGHT make it livable.  My biggest fear is bears...

The snowy season here is hopefully coming to an end soon so I'll be phasing tractors out of my garage and get the bike work started. 
The AreaP slip-on was reported to be 0 dB louder in cruise and +2 dB louder at WOT.  I'm sure the tone changed with more lower frequencies coming out. 
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Old Battery
« Last post by Colt45 on Today at 02:56:07 am »
Forum wants me to start a new topic.  My 2009 is still on its original battery.  It starts after sitting 3-4 weeks, but just a little slowly on the first cold start.  It gets 24 to 48 hours a month on a Battery Tender and before the next charge it shows 12.4 to 12.5 OCV, about 75% state of charge.  I'd like a reason to put a LiFePO4 battery in it, but it won't die. 

Anybody have one live this long?  Have you used a Battery Tender branded battery? 
Is that Lone Star? Keep it cold. Also looking forward to some local pearl. Have a soft spot in my heart for that stuff. Yes misplaced I know.
I don;t always drink beer, but when I do, it's Shiner.   :beerchug:
Shoodaben Engineering / Re: Shoodaben Mt. Runner initial impressions
« Last post by smokin on Today at 02:42:42 am »
I really want this flash but I am going to wait till I get these crappy Bridgestone's off and figure out what I am doing with exhaust.

I did not realize how crappy the stock Bridgestones were until I replaced them with Angel GT's and found what this bike was capable of with good tires!

I have been lucky enough to have the Mountain Runner flash installed on my GTR1400 here in Australia.My bike is stock standard in terms of exhaust,air filter.What a difference,buckets of torque down low and mid-range, improved fuel economy,smoother gear changes,smooth transition from throttle on throttle off,and excellent deceleration braking.I will be leaving the bike stock standard.
 Currently traveled over 350kms testing the results of this flash and totally blown away with the bikes performance now,outstanding.
And Steve is one of natures gentlemen,so good to be associated with his work

+1 regarding how good Pirelli Angel GT "A" SPEC's are.Mine have currently traveled 13500kms, still have 3mm left front and rear,outstanding handling in both wet and dry,excellent turn in.
Will replace with the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10