Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Being a native of Can'taffordya, I've been lane sharing for as long as I've been riding on the road. The SQUIDS that do 60 or 70 between lanes are called organ donors, though everything would probably be ruined by the time they stop.
People here for the most part are good about it, but the texting and driving is making it really dangerous. I HAVE had run ins with one or two morons who TRY to cut off or run over bikes. They usually end up in court, with a felony assault charge.
Southeast Events / Re: Who is riding from anywhere in Florida to RWTW?
« Last post by ron203 on Today at 09:35:13 pm »
Once you leave Colorado, it'll be all downhill, right?
In the 4 years I've had mine only one other has ridden it and that was around a parking lot. And he was someone I trust. It's a rare day I let someone ride one of my bikes.
Southeast Events / Re: The Great Eclipse RTE
« Last post by ron203 on Today at 09:28:54 pm »
+1 

COG's brightest...
I have 54k miles on my 09. I bought it in 2013 with 9k on the clock. Most of my 40k miles have been at a very sporting pace or either on a track or at the Dry Lakes or on a runway. The only way to know for sure is open the clutch up and look. If you do it with the bike on the side stand there's no need to drain the oil. Get a new gasket first just incase it breaks or tears. This is not a difficult task. If you don't have a service manual GET one and read it. It might be that the steel plates just need a light sanding to break a glaze. I can't imagine the friction plates being bad with only 22k miles. This bike like most Kawa's has an almost bullet proof clutch. Could be a broken spring, but all of this is speculation until you look at it.
What kind of oil do you use? Ever put any additives in the oil ? Do you drag race ? Lots of questions you haven't answered yet.
Accessories C14 / Re: MRA Vario advice
« Last post by Tim on Today at 09:12:50 pm »

I'm 5'10" and I have a huge melon, so my helmets are always XL or 2XL, which obviously creates more drag.

JD...Hilarious! :rotflmao:

I also have an XL melon, but I am also vertically challenged...at least compared to most the people on this forum.
Are all Concours riders 6ft. +???

I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam, I think that makes me one of the shortest C14 riders on the planet.  The dealer never spoke of a height requirement.

Did you decide to install the MRA Vario shield?
If you did, how do you like it?

I'm considering staring a new windscreen thread for "shorter" riders.
I'm in for both :beerchug:
Southeast Events / Re: The Great Eclipse RTE
« Last post by LSGiant on Today at 09:01:34 pm »
Even where two or three are gathered together in COG's name.......
C-14 Emporium / Re: Maintenance CD for sale
« Last post by PolterGeist on Today at 09:01:10 pm »
Message Sent
Southeast Events / Re: Who is riding from anywhere in Florida to RWTW?
« Last post by SteveJ. on Today at 08:57:38 pm »
I am tentatively going up the 6th (7th if things don't go well) from Wesley Chapel. I'll go up 75 to jasper, jump over to 129 / 441, and do the scenic route. I've done it a couple times, and that's how a motorcycle ride should be. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in with SteveJ, Snake and Reid if they'll have me.
Steve
We leave pretty early but riding up with you would be a blast. Hess at Wildwood exit, 545am.

On TDY near Steamboat Springs. We blew off the eclipse, getting a bit crazy.

That is sounding pretty good to m as well. No need to figure out a route, just let the experts lead.....
Where exactly is the Wildwood exit?

Exit 329 I 75. Hess on the NE corner.

On TDY near Antonito CO. Gonna ride the narrow gauge steam choo choo tomorrow, Cumbres and Toltec. Then boogie to FLA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10