Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'm not finding the pivot bushing available. It looks like new levers are only way.  Murph sells stock replacement levers for 20 something each.  Anyone bought those and they feel tight/not sloppy?  I'd like to get a new pushrod bushing too

That bushing is not a "replacement" part, its pressed into the lever from factory...
Start with replacing that part only, before buying other parts and stuff, and see if it helps.. (it will, trust me..seen it happen often...)
Grease it good on install, and you're good to go for another 80k miles... :great:
C-14 Emporium / Re: Sargent seat
« Last post by Moto2wheelin on Today at 04:01:21 am »
Looks like the regular height to me, as best I can remember the low is really cut down. 
   NEVER had a problem with anything Murphs' sells. I usually get my stuff in 2 days! He ships FAST!! 
I'm not finding the pivot bushing available. It looks like new levers are only way.  Murph sells stock replacement levers for 20 something each.  Anyone bought those and they feel tight/not sloppy?  I'd like to get a new pushrod bushing too
Here in middle tn the weather was in the low 70's so I went to find a series of roads called the Devil's triangle. It starts near Oliver Springs tn. and involves highway 62, then 116 and 330 in the shape of a triangle. highway 116 has the most tight curves. it definitely keeps you focused. 330 is mainly sweepers. Devils triangle is really closer to Knoxville tn then Nashville. it's about 50 miles for the loop. But round trip for me happened to be about 350 miles.

:beerchug:
That's on my "to do" list.
Here in middle tn the weather was in the low 70's so I went to find a series of roads called the Devil's triangle. It starts near Oliver Springs tn. and involves highway 62, then 116 and 330 in the shape of a triangle. highway 116 has the most tight curves. it definitely keeps you focused. 330 is mainly sweepers. Devils triangle is really closer to Knoxville tn then Nashville. it's about 50 miles for the loop. But round trip for me happened to be about 350 miles. 
C-10 Emporium / Re: Wizard Needs Buyers of Parts
« Last post by Jake on Today at 12:01:27 am »
Hey Wiz......Looking for 2003 antler covers/Lt.&Rt.   Thx  Jake
The clutch lever bronze bushing to pin fit is no bueno.  Very sloppy. I put my aftermarket levers back for the time being. I hope I can get that bushing and pin from ma law
Other Motorcycles / Re: Yamaha FZ10
« Last post by Bogie on Yesterday at 11:48:41 pm »
Woodcraft Reasets installed on the FZ10!!! They look killer and having the pegs farther back and up now is amazing!!! Top quality gear from Woodcraft Technologies!  :great:

It might be helpful if you could tell us what you found (valve clearance numbers) when you did the valve adjustments.  If you had a bunch of valves that weren't closing all the way, and it was ridden that way long enough, you might have carbon buildup on the valves and or seats.  You can do a valve adjustment and ride it a while and with the added clearance, will remove some of that buildup.  As the buildup is removed, the valve will loose clearance and be back on the tight end of the spec.  Sometimes it may take a few valve adjustments to get to a stable point.  If you have this carbon buildup problem, maybe that is contributing to the poor compression numbers.  Are you seeing reduced clearance numbers when you've rechecked your valve jobs?  Would also be helpful to know the history of the bike and it's previous owners.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10