Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hey JD ! I had a Russell Day Long a few years ago and I think the Kawasaki wins on 2 fronts.
1. It is more comfortable for me. The Russell was a little too flat for my butt and a little too soft. Remember everybody's body is different. Just my opinion.
2. It is wayyyy less expensive !

Any other questions, let me know.

Dr. Lee
Other Motorcycles / Re: Tis the season... K1 Gixxer 750 rescue
« Last post by ZG on Today at 01:30:28 pm »
Did you buy a left side yet?
I might have one,, Ill look in the am when i get home from work!

I'm interested, shoot me a pm with pics n price, thx GHP!  :great:
Yes, great points....reducing the setting 25%, 15%, or whatever just becomes a more exact guess, does'nt it?

Ive never used a torque wrench other than when rebuilding motors. Head gaskets, and things like that. Like you said, its just not useful if all we are doing is guessing.
Hey Dr, I wonder how this would compare to a Russell Day Long, because I had my eye on that one.

Let me know!
JD
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Battery in 2014 C-14
« Last post by ron203 on Today at 12:44:33 pm »
Neat.

(Sorry to hijack your thread Butch)   :(
 :great: Thanks GR. I do appreciate that.
I purchased from Dr. Lee a year or two ago...he's a good seller, despite the fact that he no longer owns a Connie.  :)

Nice seat.

gr
I replaced the battery in my Aprilia last year with a non-agm OEM Yuasa as well. (amazon purchase)
It was 10 years Old.  No exaggeration - 10 YEARS!
It tested and operated absolutely fine, but I just needed the piece of mind to have a new
battery in the bike, and not subjecting myself to getting stranded.

It was maintained from day 1 on an Optimate3 tender,

I researched FePo, LiIon, AGM, and other battery types and brands - and in the end, I went with the trusty
old Lead Acid Yuasa OEM.
If it made it 10 friggin' years, I fig'd "why mess with a good thing"???
https://www.webbikeworld.com/category/review/motorcycle-accessory-reviews/battery-and-charger-reviews/

Agree with everyone here -- 5 year replacement cycle is good policy, especially if you're like us and doing
big miles and long trips.  :great:

I just purchased an Optimate4 to use for the concours.
I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner, but better late than never.

The main reason I decided to finally get a tender for the C14, is that I now have a quick connect port for the charger, ala my warm-n-safe outboard plug-in port for my heated gear.
It's a direct line to the battery, and I bought an SAE to Coax adapter from warm-n-safe to mate up with the
Optimate plug end.  Brilliant.

I did more research on newer battery chargers before I bought the Optimate again, and given the longevity and subjectivity of charging behaviors, couldn't find any evidence of one brand being better than others.  Battery tender has a longer warranty than optimate, but I chose to go with the more sophisticated charging / maintaining electronics on the Optimate, AND my experience with the Optimate3.

https://tecmate.com/?post_type=products&productcategorie=battery-chargers

I have come to believe, owning a battery tender is one of the cheapest, best ways to keep your battery in top shape, and last as long a possible. 

gr

Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: Battery in 2014 C-14
« Last post by JTX on Today at 10:37:30 am »
Thats about right.
Looks like an awesome pub.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10