Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Motorcycles / Re: Honda VFR 800 RC79 - 8th gen Interceptor
« Last post by ZG on Today at 05:48:58 pm »
Great rip this morning!  :motonoises: :great: :great:

Did almost a 100 miles, some in town, a little highway, but mostly outskirts and twisties...

OMG this thing is a blast, it absolutely loves the high rpm's when the other valves kick in @ 6500 rpm, I pretty much stayed up in the high rpm's in the twisties and power was plenty good for me.  :motonoises:

It seems so small though, probabaly because I'm already use to the Wing, word of warning when going from big bike to small bike be careful putting it on the center stand, I almost threw the Viffer in the neighbors yard!  :o

Impressions so far... it's the most comfortable uncomfortable bike I've ridden,  the tech is just flat out amazing, I just realized today it has self-canceling turn signals, not a make or break thing for me on bikes but little things like that on the bike are really starting to add up in my likes column. The sound is amazing, very much reminds me of a Duc or similar with the engine sounds, I think for the first time in my life I'm considering just leaving the oem exhaust on, the sounds is just awesome and intoxicating, especially at high rpm's!  :motonoises:  :great: :great:

I'll keep you folks posted, but I honestly could see me just leaving this bike completely stock!  :-\
Northeast Events / Re: Nova Scotia July 2017 Rallye
« Last post by RubberDucky on Today at 05:39:18 pm »
Chris,

PM sent regarding splitting a room.
« Last post by ZG on Today at 05:36:03 pm »
Vfrs are great bikes. My wife and i rode the 94 4th gen out to the Johnson city ralley. And I've put over 40,000 on my 6th gen in the last 2 yrs. Congrats on the new bike. :)

Honda bullet-proof indeed 2WR!  :motonoises: :great:
Rallies, Rides, and Events / Re: An OTP Thank You
« Last post by SantaCruzRider on Today at 05:35:55 pm »
Adding my thanks to Mark's well-worded post. The opportunity created by folks who donated to OtP, organized it here in the U.S., and especially those who hosted us, lead us, put up with our whining and let couple of grungy Americans who were two weeks into a 3 day supply of clean clothes into their families was nothing short of humbling and amazing.

The generosity of our hosts and guides in Europe is what made this a once-in-a-lifetime trip. While it's possible to afford to put together your own motorcycle trip to Europe (my wife might argue), there is absolutely no way to replicate the local road knowledge and guiding provided by folks that led us. And being able to end the day with locals who waited up for us to arrive, took us into their families, fed us food and copious amounts of schnaps  :beerchug:, put us up in their beautiful homes, and sometimes even lent us their workshops for some hasty bike repairs is something you can't buy.

We'll write more in upcoming issues of The Concourier, but my short list of thanks go out to:

Ride guides: Gie, Ralf, Heinz, and Andre. (much more will be written about Gie and Ralf, both of whom became our brothers and shared some reality TV-worthy adventures).   :-\
Hosts: Hans-Peter and his wife, Thomas, Mischa and his family -- all of whom also joined us for a few kilometers of spirited riding in their home countries.
Airport pickup and greeting: Marc
Finally, my endless personal thanks to Daan, who loaned me his meticulously maintained C10. He'd prepped this bike to perfection for the trip, new brakes, new tires, cleaned it so it looked like new. Turns out I was the first one to ride it with the panniers on it. The bike performed flawlessly and I can't thank Daan enough. In fact, I think Gie and I were the one OtP riders and guides who didn't have a mechanical issue -- hmmmm.  :great: I hope the fact that returned in the same shape (plus a few kilometers) is testament to how much I appreciate the effort and trust. As if that wasn't enough, Daan also spent several days as our tour guide in his beautiful town of Breda, and then in Amsterdam. What an amazing guy.

This was an amazing trip that was at least half about getting to meet and spend time with amazing people.

Cheers to everyone who helped, who donated to the cause, who rode with us, who loaned their spare rooms or couches, and who broke bread with us and shared stories into the wee hours.

Dan
« Last post by ZG on Today at 05:35:14 pm »
Nice find man!  :great:

And don't forget a to add a fender-eliminator to the farkle budget.

I'm so thankful that you don't need a 10 page thread on how to load/transport a motorcycle. :-[

Thx LT!  :beerchug:

As for loading bike in the truck no worries at all, I should have taken a pic of the loading though, had to drive up on a barkdust berm at a store there to take the angle out of the ramp a bit, but all good!  :great: :great:
« Last post by ZG on Today at 05:33:36 pm »
I already found exhaust system, slip-on, windshield, and Power Commander for it..

Glad to help.
    Ride safe, Ted

PS: We're leaving in Aug for an Alaskan cruise. Until then my retirement resources are a bit stretched..
       After I return, I'll be looking again.. Have been considering a 650 Versys, but the VFR seems promising.

:)) :)) :))

Do it to it Ted!  :great: :great:

Oh and one other thing I think you'd like Ted, I moved the seat down to the lowest position and I can flat foot it!  :o  :great:
« Last post by ZG on Today at 05:32:13 pm »
Gonna be a cooker here in the PNW today, triple digits, got out early this morning to rip around on the new Viffer, swung by my bro Gumby's place to show him the new toy, of course he then had to go take it for a rip!  :motonoises:

I think he needs to buy one now too...  >:D     :pokestick:   ;D

Just saw this. We will be at Anchorage or Denalli on the 21st.
Will we be able to see it from there?

Ride safe, Ted
Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: C14 who has a done more
« Last post by LSGiant on Today at 04:55:59 pm »
just traded my 2015 for 2017 and had 44,000 miles on the '15, purchased in May/15. Most riding done in B.C., Canada but ride all year, even when it gets down to 45F!

I would ride all year also if the coldest it got was 45F that starts in Sept here and does not end until May.

Nice miles BTW
« Last post by 2wheelrush on Today at 04:54:24 pm »
Vfrs are great bikes. My wife and i rode the 94 4th gen out to the Johnson city ralley. And I've put over 40,000 on my 6th gen in the last 2 yrs. Congrats on the new bike. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10