Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nosmo, is it better than my chain wax spray?

I was an aircraft mechanic back when ACF50 first came on the market, and we all expressed doubts about it and figured it was just some new flavor of snake oil.  However, everybody who used it in their small aircraft and also a lot of people I knew who used it in their boats started to swear by it.  I don't use it myself but then all my stuff is already corroded to hell and back.

Google "ACF50 reviews" and you will see mostly positive results.

Here's an interesting test:

https://f2mcltd.blogspot.com/2012/01/winter-salt-protection-acf50-fs365-or.html

Uhh...well....hhmmm...dunno.

But if you go to their website and read all about it, according to them, it's good for cold sores, old sores, sore a******* and makes child-birth a pleasure.  It is supposed to chemically bond with the metal and quite possibly transmute lead into gold.

https://learchem.com/products/acf-50.html
Connie Droppers Anonymous / Re: Right Turn From Stop
« Last post by gsun on Today at 03:46:27 am »
I think you let them off lightly. Looking at that leg, suing would be an option. Or maybe some accessories... ;)
Southeast Events / Re: Carolina's CONclave 2018 April 21st
« Last post by Volcantour on Today at 03:05:15 am »
Looks like a real possibility this year. Sorry, Cliff!
Southeast Events / Re: SE Region Beat The Summer Heat Rally 2018
« Last post by Volcantour on Today at 03:01:22 am »
Signed up and duly registered. Now if I can only remember to make the reservation at Iron Horse.... :-[
Accessories C14 / Re: STS. SAFE TURN SYSTEM
« Last post by Tjnoma99 on Today at 02:38:58 am »
I got mine installed tonight! My kit is a few years old( kickstarter edition) so i came with cool wire splicers. Unfortunately I initially wired it backwards so i had to cut them out. I did have bullet connectors. But after some swearing ( my fault) and dinner ( so ordered by the little lady) i got to test it out. This thing is amazing. The switch needs adjusting ( foam spacers) but it really is fantastic! Turns off after you make a turn. Shuts off if you accidentally leave them on in a straight line! I wish kawasaki did this from the start but ill take it!
Tires/Suspension C10 / Re: Tire help!!
« Last post by Jim Snyder on Today at 02:25:13 am »
:great:
+1 to what Jim Snyder says. Followed his lead and never been happier.

Bob Young
COG #5753

Yeah what Red Eagle said, listen to the master (that would be me) for he knows of what he speaks. The Avon AM-26's have been available in stock Connie sizes for years. And they corner like a champion !!!
Introductions / Re: New guy from KS
« Last post by Todd on Today at 01:33:21 am »
Greetings!!!  There are a few Coggers in the KC area.  Welcome

Good to hear. I’m about an hour south down I-35. If you MO guys ever make it down to Guy and Maes, I’m about 15 minutes from there. Oh and, Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
Introductions / Re: New guy from KS
« Last post by MizzouMike on Today at 01:26:52 am »
Greetings!!!  There are a few Coggers in the KC area.  Welcome
Accessories C14 / Re: 2012 C14 service manual
« Last post by antibus on Today at 12:19:52 am »
Rusty,

You should be able to find a PDF version on line for under 50 bucks. I think I purchased one for 12-14 bucks.
Nosmo, is it better than my chain wax spray?

I was an aircraft mechanic back when ACF50 first came on the market, and we all expressed doubts about it and figured it was just some new flavor of snake oil.  However, everybody who used it in their small aircraft and also a lot of people I knew who used it in their boats started to swear by it.  I don't use it myself but then all my stuff is already corroded to hell and back.

Google "ACF50 reviews" and you will see mostly positive results.

Here's an interesting test:

https://f2mcltd.blogspot.com/2012/01/winter-salt-protection-acf50-fs365-or.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10