Author Topic: Video you want to see  (Read 341 times)

Offline Warwgn

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Video you want to see
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »
I don't have it yet :-[, actually planning my trip to Nova Scotia (Oak Island) next summer and thought it would be cool to get a camera on the bike since I don't really stop to take pictures much......lol really don't stop much at all when I am on a trip.

Anyway, while looking at cameras that I might get, which I think I want a full time mounted like a INNOVV C5 or something like it not so much a go pro and def don't want it on my helmet so hard mount to the bike seems the ticket. But all that had me thinking what do people like to see in these trip videos? I like when it starts out and you get an idea of what the scenery is like then it fast forwards to something different, or slows when road signs are passed. Anyway just gathering ideas, also I think I want to mount it in the airing above the head light in the small plastic air inlet grill thing between the shield and light. I think it would be cool to have it hidden in plain sight.

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Video you want to see
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:05:15 pm »
I may be the wrong one to reply but I have never seen a motorcycle trip video I like to watch.  The ones I like more are a mix of stills and only have video of some part that a still just will not show well.  An hour of the camera tilting back and forth as you enjoy the ride is no fun for me to watch.  The forward only view never seems to show what I am seeing that is picture worthy. 

I have been looking for a hi rez camera I can mount on my helmet.  I want to look and shoot as I move.  It has to have a remote trigger and always ready power setup.  So far nothing really fits that bill.  The new go pro is close.   It has the remote but will not sit in ready mode for hours and take the shot in a second.   I would say half the shots I want of a trip I miss because I refuse to stop.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline JimBob

• Sport Tourer
  • Woman...WHOAAAA MAN!
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:10:41 am »
A couple years ago someone here did a ride to Alaska from the southeast - maybe NC? He did a GREAT job.

He did a bit of a combo of short video portions, with highlights and stills, with some commentary. Rather good for an “amateur”.

It’s available on youtube - if I can remember (or someone knows how to find it) I’ll post a link.

Offline RodWpg

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 03:00:01 pm »
A couple years ago someone here did a ride to Alaska from the southeast - maybe NC? He did a GREAT job.

He did a bit of a combo of short video portions, with highlights and stills, with some commentary. Rather good for an “amateur”.

It’s available on youtube - if I can remember (or someone knows how to find it) I’ll post a link.

It's called rick's trip to alaska, 7 parts....I think he has one to newfoundland too if you look thru his stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T578lzlENSY
2003 concours winnipeg manitoba canada