Author Topic: A Primer On Smart Helmets: Where We Stand Today & Where We’re Going  (Read 640 times)

Offline Daboo

• Global Moderator
  • Road Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12797
  • Membership Level: Active
A Primer On Smart Helmets: Where We Stand Today & Where We’re Going
https://www.webbikeworld.com/a-primer-on-smart-helmets/

Motorcycle technology continues to change and innovate – and so does gear technology, specifically helmets. Modern helmets are safer, more comfortable, easier to use and enjoy, and more versatile than ever before, but there are more innovations coming. Enter the smart helmet.

There's far more in the actual article. Towards the bottom of the page, there are specific comments on several helmets and where the future might lead.

Chris
IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6

Offline RWulf

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 7122
Re: A Primer On Smart Helmets: Where We Stand Today & Where We’re Going
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:32:36 pm »
What I would like to see is a helmet that shuts off the engine of cars/trucks that
are making a left turn in front of me. There are cars that shut the engine off at
stop lights so this should not be too hard to do. Left turning drivers are the single
most hazard to us.

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 05:39:57 pm »
Actually YOU are the biggest hazard to your safety.  Left turners are like 3-4.  A helmet that tells you that you are coming into hot into a corner before it it happens would be the biggest help.  If it would warn of road hazards before you can see them that would be a great one too.  I want one with built in AC.  If my brain is cool enough I can drive safer.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline GrantE

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Directors
  • Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12666
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 01:15:16 pm »
I want one with targeting HUD like a modern fighter pilots helmet and tie it to a hologram projector that will project a hologram of a large middle finger onto the windshield of the cage of my choosing!!!  :))
2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.

AMA#4044713

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10773
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 06:38:44 pm »
Actually YOU are the biggest hazard to your safety.  Left turners are like 3-4.  A helmet that tells you that you are coming into hot into a corner before it it happens would be the biggest help.  If it would warn of road hazards before you can see them that would be a great one too.  I want one with built in AC.  If my brain is cool enough I can drive safer.

RWulf's KLR doesn' allow him to come into a corner too hot. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!