Author Topic: NEW 2018 Riding Gear  (Read 436 times)

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
  • Membership Level: Active
NEW 2018 Riding Gear
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:31:32 am »
SInce this is such a sleepy section of the forum, I'd like to start a new discussion about new for 2018 Gear that people have purchased they'd like to discuss here, or even stuff they'd LIKE to buy.
Let's limit to Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Jackets, Pants, etc.  Body Wear new for this year, not just new to You.

Personally, I haven't seen anything YET that has compelled me to give up my $$$, but I am on the hunt for a new Top of Line all-season Textile Riding "Suit".
I HAVE noticed that there's ALOT of KLIM, Dainese, and Rukka Gear on Clearance at Revzilla which makes me think the new stuff is coming in March or sooner.
For those that know me, I've declared my interest in the ReviT Dominator GTX set, and I was able to have a dialogue with a Revi't Rep on the ADVRider Site, confirming that they'll continue production of that gear through 2018, but dropping the white/grey set and offering only Black.  Not great news, but not bad either.
Currently, this Suit has limited availability in the U.S. due to production issues that Rev'it sites as "a shortage of Goretex Armacor and Superfabric" textiles, with availability  resuming sometime in the first of 2018.

I'll continue to HOPE that means that other manufacturers are also using these awesome materials in their newer models, and we'll see more offerings come springtime.

Please add your insights and knowledge to this post, and let's jumpstart some dialogue on this section!  :beerchug:

gr

..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
Re: NEW 2018 Riding Gear
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:57 pm »
My Shoei is going on 4 years old so I started looking at a new helmet. Good price here and decent reviews. Next time I get over to Iron Pony I will stop and try one on before ordering direct here http://www.schuberthhelmetonline.com/schuberth-s2-sport-elite-helmet-yellow-hei%C3%9Fer-verkauf-p-152.html

Really like the SR2 http://www.schuberthhelmetonline.com/schuberth-sr2-lightning-helmet-yellow-in-stock-p-162.html but the Revzilla reviewer and several others emphasize that this is better used in a tucked position.

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:50:13 pm »
I've never considered Rev'it as top of the line.  AeroStitch doesn't tickle your fancy?
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Offline Lurch71

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:44:52 pm »
My Shoei is going on 4 years old so I started looking at a new helmet. Good price here and decent reviews. Next time I get over to Iron Pony I will stop and try one on before ordering direct here http://www.schuberthhelmetonline.com/schuberth-s2-sport-elite-helmet-yellow-hei%C3%9Fer-verkauf-p-152.html

Really like the SR2 http://www.schuberthhelmetonline.com/schuberth-sr2-lightning-helmet-yellow-in-stock-p-162.html but the Revzilla reviewer and several others emphasize that this is better used in a tucked position.

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro I really like.  I just installed a Sena 10u that works well.  The unit is made specifically for this helmet.  My second helmet is a Shoei RF1200, great helmet, the only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have the built in sun visor.  Probably should have purchased the Gt Air.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:27:15 pm »
Hi,
      My 5 year old Motoport Gear, still going strong!

Guess it's time I should wash it, but...

Just shake it out ,and looks like the day I bought it??? ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 06:37:39 pm »
TIme you should wash it !!??

I wash mine 2 or 3 times a year depending on heat and bugs. Kind of funny to walk into a laundromat, find the front loader and peel it off in fron t of everyone .

Dries on the way home ....great stuff.