Author Topic: Riding Boots- for wide feet  (Read 672 times)

Offline MotoDDT

• MotoDDT
  • Tricycle
  • MOTODDT
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12742
  • Membership Level: Active
Riding Boots- for wide feet
« on: April 22, 2018, 04:50:15 pm »
I am shopping for used riding boots and struggling to find any to fit my wider feet.     :(
Who can comment on what boot models might fit wide(r) feet for their size and if anyone else has that issue?

Possibly looking for lower height street riding boots and/or wet boots primarily.

Also do any offer wide sizing on new boots?...I have yet to see a Wide/E/EE offered second hand.

thx, don
2012 C-14 Newly added
2006 ZX-14
2000 Bandit 1200, 1982 GS1100EZ, 1977 KZ1000, 1986 CR250R...And yes, my wife thinks I'm a little heavy on 2 wheeled inventory

Offline Doc

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12697
Re: Riding Boots- for wide feet
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 05:03:19 pm »
I find my regular width Alpinestars Roam 2 WP to have a wide toe box.  Really like the Velcro instead of zippers. 

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:37:53 pm »
The Sidi Mega line are EE width.  An example at STG for those that like the track style.

I wear a pair of their waterproof Black Way Mega Tepor boots. I bought them about 18 months ago but am not sure they are still available.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 07:27:18 pm by AmphibSailor »
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12666
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:08:37 pm »
Daytona boots come in wide sizes. Their Daystar is a high end sport/touring boot sounds like a great boot but they are proud of them at almost $500.
2005 C10, 2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 09:06:03 am »
The Sidi Mega line are EE width.  An example at STG for those that like the track style.

I wear a pair of their waterproof Black Way Mega Tepor boots. I bought them about 18 months ago but am not sure they are still available.

I found out that the Way Mega Tepor boots are still made.  If you're interested, try Amazon.de or eBay.de and search on those words.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:59:53 pm by AmphibSailor »
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Online Gscott

• Bicycle
  • 09 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12413
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:31:07 am »
 Not exactly riding boots but check out Danners great hiking and water resenting boot, have been wearing this brand for over 15 years and I think they work great for riding and hiking also keep feet warm. 

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 11:43:44 am »
Tourmaster makes wide sizes as well. I just ordered a pair of Forma Adventure lows supposedly they run wide we will see.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:48:51 am »
Tourmaster makes wide sizes as well. I just ordered a pair of Forma Adventure lows supposedly they run wide we will see.

I was just looking at the( Forma Adventure Lows,<---click) over on motorcyclegear.com.  They sound like a winner to me. :beerchug:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:40:25 pm by AmphibSailor »

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 9616
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:43 pm »
Im in that same boat. I need  a boot thats as wide as possible. Often times the companies widest model is still too narrow.

I bought a set of Alpinestar "Ridge Waterproof" boots from a fellow forum member. 

I would 100% recommend the boot, except I dont know how a person would ever determine what size they needed.   I took a chance because he said, "They are size 9.5, but they are huge....I think they will fit...."

The size of boot I  wear is an 11 or 11.5. Thats it, and it has been that way for 25 years.  The alipinestars are sized as an American size 9.5 and euro 40, and the fit is perfect.   Theres no way I would have ever mail ordered a size 9.5.
Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 09:21:15 am »
I have been riding in my new Forma Adventure lows just over a week now they are plenty wide enough quite comfortable and easy on and off. As with most boots at first they were little awkward to walk in but as a break-in that is getting much better. The toe box is a little thicker than what I was riding in before and has made Shifting the bike a little awkward but nothing a lever adjustment won't take care of. My honest opinion all in all a great boot...

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 01:35:12 pm »

I have a pair of these boots, comfortable out of the box , not sure how wide my foot is. I don’t really like the buckles much and  doubt there would be good protection if a bike happen to fall on your foot.

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 12:03:33 am »
I have been riding in my new Forma Adventure lows just over a week now they are plenty wide enough quite comfortable and easy on and off. As with most boots at first they were little awkward to walk in but as a break-in that is getting much better. The toe box is a little thicker than what I was riding in before and has made Shifting the bike a little awkward but nothing a lever adjustment won't take care of. My honest opinion all in all a great boot...

I wear the original Forma Adventures for the ankle protection. I had an ankle replacement following T boning an idjut that pulled out in front of me. Good fit for American feet. Easy walking boot built with the same materials we find in good walking/hiking boots. I like the higher leg protection post accident but I would easily recommend the low cut to most guys on touring and sport touring bikes. For me, I am gonna take care of the chrome inside me.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 06:30:15 pm »
I'm in.  Going to try the Forma Adventure Lows.... :great:

Offline Max

• Scooter
  • CDA 264
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8762
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 03:09:05 am »
i wear an 11EE, TCX goretex X-5 boots in a size 46 euro. fit my wide feet and are waterproof and have lasted many years.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 02:12:42 am »
I've been wearing my new Forma Adventure lows, now for the past 800 miles (3 days).  They fit my 11EE feet with no problem and are super comfortable, even with thick DryMax socks. I give them a strong thumbs up! :great:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:15:29 pm by AmphibSailor »