Author Topic: Sena SRL2 in Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet  (Read 361 times)

Offline MotoCommuter

• Kurt Brown - SE AAD GA
  • Crotch Rocket
  • If it is not fun, why do it?
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 7115
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Sena SRL2 in Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet
« on: March 08, 2020, 07:04:55 pm »
Ok, so purchased a Shoei Neotec 2 helmet and was thinking about installing a Sena SRL2 which the two are made for each other. But, I spoke to Jerry H and he did not like how the SRL2 handled the connections to his Phone/SR10/GPS (I have a similar set up), he said it kept dropping the connections. I also just found out that you cannot recharge the SRL2 while in use (it will shut the unit down while charging), unlike the Sena 20 or SMH10. My Sena 20 only lasts 6 hours now but I just plug it into a battery pack and recharge while riding. The 20s started out lasting 10-12 hours but slowly started to last less and less, which is my concern with the SRL2, it might start out fine but slowly degrade.

So, for those that have a Shoei Neotec 2:

1. Do you use the SRL2 and if so, do you like it? Does the battery last all day?
2. If you use another Sena, which one and does it mount to the Neotec 2 in a convenient fashion as you have to mount it behind the built in SRL2 connection. Any issues?

Beat The Summer Heat [NC]: Jul 31-Apr 2
Run With The Wolf [GA]: Sep 10-13
2015 Goldwing ABS & 2014 FJR ES (Holland Custom)

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Sena SRL2 in Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:09:04 pm »
Mark Cargile has a Sena 20 mounted to his neo tec 2, he name on this forum is Shredder if you want to drop him a note and ask questions, i plan on doing the same as he did!

Online robertv

• Street Cruiser
  • Go Hawks!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Sena SRL2 in Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 05:20:46 pm »
I had the same short battery life on my Sena 20S and didn't want to upgrade just yet, so I found this YT link which shows how to replace the battery. Pretty easy to do => https://youtu.be/vzzTNr96BWA

Got tired of keeping the 20S connected in use while riding and now the battery life is back to normal at 12+ hrs with the new battery.

But that battery he links isn't available anymore, nor this one which I just bought.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0767CVZPX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The model # refers to the battery size, just find a similar battery with the correct dimensions and you should be good to go. I may get the NeoTec 2 soon or similar as my NeoTec 1 is showing signs & years of use. Whatever new helmet I get, I'm also going to get the new Sena 50S.

2008 C14, silver [current]
2000 C10, red [sold]