Author Topic: What Motoport to buy?  (Read 13101 times)

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: What Motoport to buy?
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2017, 02:11:10 pm »
I washed mine before I sent it back to Cali for adjustments. Although I'm sure they get a lot of gear that is an olfactory challenge, this son of a east Tennessee mountain girl was raised with better manners. I noticed no difference in stiffness at all when it came out. I agree with the comment about it not staying wet long. It was darn near dry coming out of the spin cycle.

I hit mine with Febreze every now and again to try to keep it from getting too bad. No one has complained (yet).

Agree with that I put mine on and rode home. I do have to use my Amazon Prime and grab some of the fabric protector. When I was out at the factory they showed some examples of gear that did not use the Fabriguard 303 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:18:02 pm by freebird6 »

Offline Spackler

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2017, 11:33:55 pm »
Does Motoport make anything that isn't mesh? I didn't see anything on their site.

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11594
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2017, 02:15:48 pm »
Does Motoport make anything that isn't mesh? I didn't see anything on their site.

Oh yeah - the mesh is perfect for me but not recommended for anyone with milder summers and a colder riding season. The jacket actually keeps me cool just standing in it in the summer. It's like portable breezy shade. You would freeze in this stuff north of Texas or FL.

You want the stretch Kevlar. My hard riding Canadian buddy has lots of miles on his. He rode a circle around the 4 corners of the country in Motopor stretch Kevlar.
1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser

Offline Cigar Jay

• Bicycle
  • born to be mild
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10822
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2017, 02:24:36 am »
Wow I just found this thread and the timing is perfect as I had a fitting and ordered a jacket and pants two weeks ago.i ended up with a mesh jacket w liners and mesh/stretch overpants.
I live in so cal and wanted the coolest gear possible to ride in the heat. liners for the short cold/wet season here.about four weeks wait time but if everything fits I well be a happy camper.
thanks
jay  :great:

Offline Sailor_chic

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11610
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2017, 10:15:52 am »
Jay, your gonna love your new gear. It certainly adds a new level of safety to riding.
Nicole     Port St Lucie, FL.
2013 C14 Black  
2006 Vmax
IBA # 60267

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:56 am »
+1 ^^^ Welcome to the club  :beerchug:
1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:44 am »
Hi,
        The problem is, the Motoport Mesh  KEVLAR.....

Is probably as cool or cooler than any other gear out there and.....

Gives as good or BETTER protection than any other gear!

That's pretty hard to beat!!! :great:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Cigar Jay

• Bicycle
  • born to be mild
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2017, 04:40:14 am »
thanks for the encouragement , my gear arrives next week just in time for my trip to Zion.
I've never been ATGATT (my riding Buddy's are all pirate's ).
this is a major expense and I'm second guessing myself.

thanks
jay

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2017, 05:20:55 am »
thanks for the encouragement , my gear arrives next week just in time for my trip to Zion.

thanks
jay

Hi,
        Seems like expensive till you have a slide down the asphalt! :-X

Then it's cheap! :great:

I shake my head everyday, watching people riding with cut off shorts, and flip flops! :(
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2017, 07:12:17 pm »

thanks
jay

Ain't no second guesses once you got it and it's on. Great pockets, cool riding, awesome protection. Yeah I have been in a coma 8 days and lots of broken parts. Still riding. Enjoy. Upload pics

Offline Cigar Jay

• Bicycle
  • born to be mild
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2017, 03:35:13 am »
i,m back and have traveled twelve hundred miles in my new gear, ( California , Nevada , Colorado , Utah )
the fit and quality are fantastic. i,m not to sure about the hot weather wear ability of the pants yet but i wore shorts and it wasn't too bad i think i need light long pants and i well figure this out soon, not much airflow across my legs and the armor does restrict air across my knees.
thanks for the tip about the cable lock.
all in all i am a very happy camper

are any of you're +1 wearing motoport ?
thanks
jay :great:

Offline Swampcat

• Officer
  • Scooter
  • Editor of The Concourier
  • COG#: 12154
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2017, 10:44:50 am »
My wife has a Motoport mesh jacket and pants that I found on eBay for about half the price of new. It fits her well enough that we didn't have to send it off for adjustments. She has mentioned that it's a little warm, but she agrees that protection is more important. We both wear light pants or shorts and technical shirts under the gear.

My philosophy was that I was not going to put the most important person in my life in gear that was any lower in quality or protection than what I wear, even though she rides with me only a small percentage of the time. Buying used instead of new was the only compromise I made. This stuff is so durable that even used it looks new.
--Ed
2004 C10 ("Shoodaben")
1991 Vulcan 500 ("Lorath")

Send articles/pictures for The Concourier to editor@cog-online.org

Offline NYbiomed

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11887
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:19 am »
I know this is really great stuff from reviews and such, but ALOT of their stuff is god-awful looking, case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXL-MOTOPORT-Motorcycle-ONE-PIECE-SUIT-Rain-Gear-Waterproof-MOTO-Line-DIFI-/302273266818?hash=item4660e40482:g:MewAAOSwZVlXvJOc&vxp=mtr

WTF could someone be thinking wearing this?? I think one would be laughed at even at a gay-pride parade- and that takes some doing!

I could live with plain black with some reflective accents tho....

PS/Edit :D
ROTFLMAO, nevermind, LOL, "never worn, still has tags" it's no wonder gents, but even the mindset to create such a monstrosity!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:27:21 am by NYbiomed »
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
1999 Suzuki Katana 750
1983 Honda CB1000 Custom
1990 Kawasaki EX500

Offline gPink

• Sport Tourer
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • COG#: 9403
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2017, 11:39:52 am »
That's not very tolerant and inclusive is it?
All evil is accomplished by the imposition of will.

Offline NYbiomed

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11887
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2017, 11:55:22 am »

Really, why not?
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
1999 Suzuki Katana 750
1983 Honda CB1000 Custom
1990 Kawasaki EX500

Offline ChrisD

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12153
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2017, 03:14:56 pm »
I know this is really great stuff from reviews and such, but ALOT of their stuff is god-awful looking, case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXL-MOTOPORT-Motorcycle-ONE-PIECE-SUIT-Rain-Gear-Waterproof-MOTO-Line-DIFI-/302273266818?hash=item4660e40482:g:MewAAOSwZVlXvJOc&vxp=mtr

WTF could someone be thinking wearing this?? I think one would be laughed at even at a gay-pride parade- and that takes some doing!

I could live with plain black with some reflective accents tho....

PS/Edit :D
ROTFLMAO, nevermind, LOL, "never worn, still has tags" it's no wonder gents, but even the mindset to create such a monstrosity!

LMFAO, not a product of Motoport at all.  Got to fully read the add and look at the pictures.  At least look at the pictures. :-[

AMA, ROK, GCE, GTR1400 Owners Group
2012 Candy Arabian Red (Sheba)

Offline Fais

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »

Really, why not?

Stupid post. There isn't a parade on earth where I wouldnt wear my Motoport gear with pride  ;)

60,000mi on the jacket and 35,000 on my pants - look and smell like new, and there is nothing cooler or safer. 20 years of gear collecting dust in the closets; most lasting one season or 2 at most. Luckily, I can't run the girls off no matter what I wear :great: Or I look good in anything :great: or maybe attitude is everything?  :great:

:beerchug:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:56:03 pm by Fais »

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2017, 01:55:58 am »
Hi,
         Riding a Black C14 and and wearing Black Motoport Gear....

I notice people, getting out of my way sometimes, thinking I'm a Cop!

All good, I'll take it, where I can get it!

Here's another pitch...

As Swampcat stated....

This gear is so wear resistant, that you could actually wear it for 20 years and then sell it and get half your money back...

An opinion I agree with!!! :great:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:36:04 am by seagiant1 »