Author Topic: What Motoport to buy?  (Read 10454 times)

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: What Motoport to buy?
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2017, 02:11:10 pm »
I washed mine before I sent it back to Cali for adjustments. Although I'm sure they get a lot of gear that is an olfactory challenge, this son of a east Tennessee mountain girl was raised with better manners. I noticed no difference in stiffness at all when it came out. I agree with the comment about it not staying wet long. It was darn near dry coming out of the spin cycle.

I hit mine with Febreze every now and again to try to keep it from getting too bad. No one has complained (yet).

Agree with that I put mine on and rode home. I do have to use my Amazon Prime and grab some of the fabric protector. When I was out at the factory they showed some examples of gear that did not use the Fabriguard 303 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:18:02 pm by freebird6 »

Offline Spackler

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2017, 11:33:55 pm »
Does Motoport make anything that isn't mesh? I didn't see anything on their site.

Online Fais

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • "Whether you think you can or can't; you're right!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11594
  • Membership Level: Marketing Officer
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2017, 02:15:48 pm »
Does Motoport make anything that isn't mesh? I didn't see anything on their site.

Oh yeah - the mesh is perfect for me but not recommended for anyone with milder summers and a colder riding season. The jacket actually keeps me cool just standing in it in the summer. It's like portable breezy shade. You would freeze in this stuff north of Texas or FL.

You want the stretch Kevlar. My hard riding Canadian buddy has lots of miles on his. He rode a circle around the 4 corners of the country in Motopor stretch Kevlar.
'14 C14 (Betty) :: '00 KLR (Dirt McGirt)  ::  '76 BMW R90S (Luna) :: '17 Z125Pro (MiniZ) :: '05 SV1000 (Sue) in beautiful Knoxville, TN

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a ride!"  - H.S.Thompson

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
  • Membership Level: Active