Author Topic: Reverse fliectomy?  (Read 157 times)

Offline JerBear

• Scooter
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12777
  • Membership Level: Active
Reverse fliectomy?
« on: March 10, 2019, 11:53:23 am »
Steve, it is my intention to try one of your Flashes for my C14.  I have the secondary flies for the throttle bodies that I removed (but saved) many years ago.  You told me they would need to be replaced before a flash would be fully helpful.  Is there any words of wisdom IE orientation (positioning on the plates) or locking fluids for retaining screws that I should use?   

If you'd prefer, PM me and this is not urgent I'm planning to do a TB synch next month so I'll be in there anyway.  I may as well put them back in.  Also you have several types of flashes don't you?  Perhaps I can talk with you about he type that would benefit me the most. 

Jerry
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Gscott

• Mini Bike
  • 09 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12413
Re: Reverse fliectomy?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:16 am »
Had to replace my flies when I got my ECU flashed by Steve. After I replaced got a DTC about the secondary butterflies, (wish I could remember the code number) sent Steve PM he called me back quickly and over the phone we got the problem solved by shutting bike off and restarting a few times.   
    Found code #62
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:21:20 am by Gscott, Reason: code # »

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
Re: Reverse fliectomy?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:19:03 pm »
   Stuff some paper towels between the secondary and primary throttles to catch an errant screw if one gets away. Not to much, you'll need to pull it out once the fliy is back in. I dipmy screwdriver tip in rtv silicone to help it hold the screw. I also use red locktite on the threads. Finally, be sure not to let the fly crowd the walls of the venturii. If it does, the throttle shaft will drag and not close. this will show up as a constant high idle.

I do have several flashes for the concours, and it's best to email me at Steve@shoodabenengineering.com  with your phone # so we can discuss options. Thanks, Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home