Author Topic: CANCELLED: 2020 SC Wildflower Rally dates  (Read 2243 times)

Offline fartymarty

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9712
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: CANCELLED: 2020 SC Wildflower Rally dates
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2020, 09:45:23 pm »
Yeah I won't be showing up either. My after event isolation plan went out the window as I was planning to go out to Big Bend and isolate so as not to bring home anything to my wife, however the Brewster County Judge has ordered that the hotels expel all their guests starting on Monday. I'd have to make it a camping trip and I'd just as soon stay home. Especially from what I'm seeing online most of the folks out their really don't want us showing up and infecting them since their Health care system just isn't set up well enough to take care of them let alone a bunch of out of town infected tourists.

Offline SATXRIDER

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 12274
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2020, 05:27:24 pm »
I checked with the hotel today and they said they will be open this weekend.  Kerr County had a meeting last night and decided not to shut everything down.  There are no known COVID-19 cases in Kerr.  So there will be a few of us still showing up.  Weather looks to be perfect for a change, go figure.

Steve
2013 C-14
2006 ZX-14
1982 GS1100

Offline wmytigas

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 4446
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2020, 10:19:20 pm »
We were able to locate some eggs ( had to sneak up on some unsuspecting wild chickens while they slept ) so Helen is planning to make some rather exotic "Zeburritos" for breakfast Saturday morning for those so inclined.  Looking forward to visiting with all the brave souls who show up.

Lovelle

Offline Bobby Lee

• 2010 Neptune candy blue
  • Mini Bike
  • South central
  • COG#: 11740
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2020, 09:05:41 pm »
riding has just been superb.   thank you Steve for leading two great riding days     :beerchug: 

you even picked great places to eat     Coopers in Llano on Friday and the Bent Rim in Leakey on Saturday.

weather was great     flowers were awesome.   

hope to figure out how to get some pics on here.   :)

we really missed seeing everyone, but definitely understand   

Love the change

Offline SATXRIDER

• Mini Bike
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 11:17:09 am »
We did miss all the guys from the SC COG group this year.  Weather was very nice and the wildflowers were spectacular.  My biggest concern was finding places to eat lunch, but most restaurants were open and you just placed your order and they brought you the food.  I bet there were over 100 bikes at the Bent Rim restaurant.  Everyone was being respectful and keeping their "social distancing". 

By virtue of us riding motorcycles, we tend to accept a higher level of risk in life.  That might be why we saw so many folks out riding, they were willing keep their lives as normal as possible during these crazy times.

Steve
2013 C-14
2006 ZX-14
1982 GS1100

Offline LSGiant

• Officer
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7524
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 12:36:15 pm »
Did I read that correctly at least 100 people in one spot.
What have you done to help COG today ?
COG 7524 IBA 46513 GLMC 214
16 KTM 690R, 11 Concours 14, 07 Ninja 650 R

Offline SATXRIDER

• Mini Bike
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 01:53:03 pm »
Correct.  The Bent Rim has a huge outdoor sitting area with many tables.  Riders just sat with 6 or so per table.  When ordering, they would only let about 8 people in the area and the gift shop was limited to only 10 people at a time.  So even though lots of folks were out, seems like most were doing a good job of keeping distance from each other.

Put it this way, most of the riders were on Harley's.  They ride with no gear or helmet.  Their odds of getting injured or killed in a bike accident is way higher than Corona getting them.  I'm making a generalization here but that's what it looked like to me.

Steve
2013 C-14
2006 ZX-14
1982 GS1100

Offline wmytigas

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 4446
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 07:54:34 pm »
We got home OK.  Great time with old and new friends.  Awesome rides, the weather conditions could not have been any better.  Missed seeing many old friends but totally understand everyone's concerns' and respect their decisions.  There will be other opportunities to get together and we are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lovelle

Offline fartymarty

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9712
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2020, 01:36:13 pm »
I'm glad some were able to have fun and enjoyed good weather. :great:  :beerchug:

I've signed up for informed delivery from the USPS and I can see that my refund check from the COG Treasurer (Nancy) is going to be in today's mail.
So the rest of you keep your eyes out for your refunds in this weeks mail.

Whether you are riding or touching public door handles, you all please be safe out there.

Thanks, Marty

Offline AmphibSailor

• Cibolo, TX Hooligan
  • Crotch Rocket
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »
I'm glad some were able to have fun and enjoyed good weather. :great:  :beerchug:

I've signed up for informed delivery from the USPS and I can see that my refund check from the COG Treasurer (Nancy) is going to be in today's mail.
So the rest of you keep your eyes out for your refunds in this weeks mail.

Whether you are riding or touching public door handles, you all please be safe out there.

Thanks, Marty

I saw the check in my "informed delivery," as well.  The Riverside Inn refunded me last week.  I would rather have been able to attend, though...
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Mountain Runner Flash.  
2015 V1K.  Corbin Dual Sport saddle; MRA Vario windscreen; TRex Frame Sliders