Author Topic: The 2015 Big Bend - Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties Rally (SC Texas)  (Read 14111 times)

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: The 2015 Big Bend - Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties Rally (SC Texas)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 03:21:21 pm »
I know. Was just concerned as I knew he had car trouble.

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
  • I prefer bikes with more horsepower than noise.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: The 2015 Big Bend - Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties Rally (SC Texas)
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 06:09:09 pm »
Thanks, Ted. Yes, I made it home fine and trust you did as well. Craig, Pamela, Greg and Kate accompanied me to the Honda dealership in San Angelo to pick up my van Sunday afternoon. They were kind enough to help me load my bike on my trailer. We caravanned to Brownwood, where I had to make a stop for re-securing the tie downs.

I'm very thankful that the dealership was able to get the new starter for my van from Dallas and install in on Saturday. The service manager was kind enough to meet me at the dealership on Sunday afternoon (normally closed) so I could pick up my van. That worked out really well.

The solo ride to Alpine Thursday night during a thunderstorm had me question my sanity quite often. In the end, I'm glad I persevered and did it. It was great to ride with everyone and share stories, meals, the beautiful scenery of west Texas, etc. I look forward to the Wildflower ride in a couple of weeks.
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. Steve's ECU flash stirs the soul!