Author Topic: Barber's Vintage Festival October 2017  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Wayniac

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10554
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Barber's Vintage Festival October 2017
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 07:14:52 pm »
Anyone want to get a great deal on a Barber Vintage Festival 3 day ticket, camping and "premium parking pass" ?
HALF PRICE
C14 GL1800 '10C14ABS '02GL1800A

Offline Just Cliff

• Crotch Rocket
  • 200,000 or Bust!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9547
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »
Big thanks to Kurt & Randy. They haul in a ton of stuff for our comfort & dining pleasure. Great job on the omelets Fais.

I had a great time right up right up until they told us to evacuate  :'(. Damn Nate!

I made it home last night in record time with only a few showers here & there.

Cliff   :beerchug:

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2017, 01:34:11 pm »
An awesome weekend was once again thwarted by the weather. We still had a blast and I probably put 500 miles on MiniZ slow racing and doing burnouts  ;D Luna was on her best behavior and we even joined up into the Airheads Club. They had cool shirts and assorted swag in a cool booth manned by good folks and plenty of cool stickers - wow - what a concept! Their free calendar ain't bad either. What crazy marketing concepts - simply wild stuff! The TN chapter Air-Marshall joined us for dinner and came back to make hash browns the next morning. Super cool stuff  :great:

Our kitchen was the pride of Lot B once again:) super cool to have that much to work with. Sizzling steaks and the sounds of vintage bikes makes for an epic symphony.

Oh well -  better to have camped and been evacuated then to never have camped at all. Like they say - 2 minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven.

Glad you liked the omelets Cliff -  will definitely do it again next year  ;D

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. And *#@& you Nate!

:beerchug:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:56:06 pm by Fais »
1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2017, 02:55:08 pm »
Weather looks like it's hitting Barber pretty hard right now .....

Wasn't a false alarm after all

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)

Offline COGnosticator

• SE AAD
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG 4478
  • COG#: 4478
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2017, 07:08:01 pm »
I left from my duaghters house this morning at 6:30.  She lives 20 miles from Barber.  Holy s***, I am so glad I wasn't on a motorcycle this morning.  High winds, buckets of rain and low visibility.  Came up on a guy on an airhead naked bike, I felt bad for him.

Thanks Kurt for his "kitchen" set up and Fais the omelet man   :great: y'all did a great job, too bad we had to evacuate, but so damn glad I did.  It would have been miserable packing up this morning. 

Jerry Holland  COG  4478
2013 Speed Triple (1986, 2000, 2001 C10 and 2009 and 2013 C14)
Man, you were hauling a** the other day when I passed you

Offline Uncle Rob

• Road Bike
  • "Knock it off with those negative waves!"
  • COG#: 11810
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2017, 11:08:00 pm »
Just got back to Ocala from , Barber.  I stopped in Opelika last night at my good friends, Steve and Patty Giittinger (former neighbors, great hosts, friends forever).  I left there about 12:45pm after the heavy stuff had passed, and had a safe ride home.

Thanks to all the COGers  and others that I camped with.  Had a great time.  Kurt and Fais: thanks for all the food and hospitality.  You guys are the gold standard.  Hope everyone made it home safe.  See you next time.
2003 C10
1999 Buell X1
Others in pieces

Rob Thomson

Offline Mcfly

• --2006 Concours--
  • Iron Butt
  • Cruise Control
  • COG#: 9921
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:45 pm »
Does anyone want to elaborate on....

EVACUATE  ???

Seems like something fairly important MIGHT be getting overlooked in this thread...   :??:

Performance -- Rear: C14 Shock - Front: Sonic 1.1 w/emulators - SISF Jet Mod & Ex Cam Sprocket - Tokico front brakes
Comfort -- Russell Day Long - Madstad - Cruise Control

Offline worncog

• Crotch Rocket
  • aka 'handyman'
  • COG#: 9584
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2017, 07:26:53 pm »
Well, the event was going along fairly well, albeit a bit more crowded this year than last, and a bit warm...but, then came Nate.

I was watching this develop for the three preceding days leading up to the start of BVF, and it was not looking good from the start. I skip the drama of the Weather Channel and go straight to the reliable sources. All Floridians have their 'special' information sources. Long story shortened, as Nate developed, the track moved slightly left and had a bit of a curve leading it straight for Birmingham after rolling over New Orleans and giving Mississippi a good rinsing. With all that, event coordinators hit the switch and called it done with everyone being ordered to evacuate the event Saturday evening and all scheduled events for Sunday cancelled. IIRC, there were expected to be 45mph winds at the site and driving rain. Not fun camping stuff.

Somewhere far away. Soon
Overland Expo, BVF, ...another BDR?

'14 S10, '06 C10, '02 TTR250, '74 R75/6 Hack, '72 XS650

Offline Mcfly

• --2006 Concours--
  • Iron Butt
  • Cruise Control
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2017, 10:23:06 pm »
Well, the event was going along fairly well, albeit a bit more crowded this year than last, and a bit warm...but, then came Nate.

I was watching this develop for the three preceding days leading up to the start of BVF, and it was not looking good from the start. I skip the drama of the Weather Channel and go straight to the reliable sources. All Floridians have their 'special' information sources. Long story shortened, as Nate developed, the track moved slightly left and had a bit of a curve leading it straight for Birmingham after rolling over New Orleans and giving Mississippi a good rinsing. With all that, event coordinators hit the switch and called it done with everyone being ordered to evacuate the event Saturday evening and all scheduled events for Sunday cancelled. IIRC, there were expected to be 45mph winds at the site and driving rain. Not fun camping stuff.

Ahhhh.... Thanks Randy.  I had a hunch it was Nate...  I thought it was going to track west of Barber...  I guess I'm not that reliable a source.   :-[

Darn shame...   Glad y'all had SOME good weather.  Wish I could've gone, but I'll be lyin' low for at least the next several months.
got a LOT going on at the house, and won't have much time for Rallies an' such.   :(  Most of my ridin' will be to work.  :38:

Performance -- Rear: C14 Shock - Front: Sonic 1.1 w/emulators - SISF Jet Mod & Ex Cam Sprocket - Tokico front brakes

Offline Volcantour

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 8892
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2017, 11:02:13 pm »
Ouch. Glad all made it home safely, if not a bit wet. Took the weekend to visit family in Atlanta. The rain was not a great thing to deal with.
TCARS, y'all

COG #8892  CDA #0309  IBA #45302
1999 Concours
SE AAD

Offline Grasshopper

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 9961
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2017, 04:06:18 am »
Kurt, Randy and Fais,

Thanks for all the great food! You guys never disappoint!

Offline Fais

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2017, 03:00:53 pm »
Hey y'all -

Thanks for the adda-boys but I must admit a 2-egg omelet cannot be compared to brisket and Kay's cole slaw.

Hat's really off to Kurt.

Deeeeeelicious  ;D

Looking forward to 2018 already. We have a small leak in the 2nd floor bathroom. No damage but the repair justifies some remodeling for all the trouble and tear down required. My next few months of farkling will be tile and carpentry related:-/

:beerchug:

Offline Mcfly

• --2006 Concours--
  • Iron Butt
  • Cruise Control
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2017, 06:19:16 pm »
Hey y'all -

Thanks for the adda-boys but I must admit a 2-egg omelet cannot be compared to brisket and Kay's cole slaw.

BUT!  Breakfast is the  most appreciated meal the morning after a night of Campfires and Fireball.  Don't sell yourself short!  ;)

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2017, 01:15:58 am »
Wish you had made Mcfly. We missed you not being there.   I will never forget that line:  " Bulllshyte--Nothing funny ever happens in Russia!!"
Normally aspirated engines have perpetual turbo lag
2000 Red C10 1052 kit
2008  C14 Silver Dammit Full AreaP- Flies are put back in SISF_Flash
2011  KLR650   688 piston ported and polished
2011  KTM 530    This thing is FUN!!

Offline Mcfly

• --2006 Concours--
  • Iron Butt
  • Cruise Control
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 11:55:12 pm »
Wish you had made Mcfly. We missed you not being there.   I will never forget that line:  " Bulllshyte--Nothing funny ever happens in Russia!!"

Thanks Mike..  Me too.  Been a bad year, worksux has been just that, and vacation time went towards stupid things
instead of riding.  Gonna queue up next year with the Coolest Rally, and hopefully make a better year of it.

Doing a double batch of Applepie Moonshine over the holidays so there will be a fair portion left for Starke!
Got the new Taj-Marty-Hall waiting to be tripped into!