Author Topic: Ride to Brew Oct 14th [GA]  (Read 266 times)

Offline Volcantour

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8892
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Ride to Brew Oct 14th [GA]
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:18:53 am »
And now for something uniquely different - a Ride To Brew

This is not a drinking event.

Come enjoy the delights of brewing one's own beer and sharing the experience with your fellow COG members. Reservations in advance a MUST.  The link to register:  http://www.cog-online.org/ClubPortal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&eventID=246403

I've been brewing my own for several years and getting help from others in the COG community. Thought it would be a unique idea to share this hobby with my riding brethren and offer something a bit different for COG. This is NOT a drinking event. Come and enjoy being with your fellow COG members while gaining an appreciation of one of our favorite adult beverages. The process itself takes several hours so instead the focus will be on providing lunch and information. I will be brewing a batch while this takes place but do not expect guests to stay several hours for the process from beginning to end. You will, however, become familiar with the equipment used during the process.

Meal will be made available to registrants at no cost on-site so it is critical/required/much desired that you use the link above to register. Otherwise you will be sent to the nearest burger joint and paying out of pocket whilst the rest enjoy a nice spread. Your choice...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:22:50 pm by Volcantour »
TCARS, y'all

COG #8892  CDA #0309  IBA #45302
1999 Concours
SE AAD

Offline SteveJ.

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5603
Re: Ride to Brew Oct 14th [GA]
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 02:06:50 am »
Awesome. In.
Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'15 Versys650LT, '98 KLR650, (back home), '99 C-10, 234k miles sold
IBA 19221

Offline Volcantour

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:38:23 am »
So here's the skinny on the RTB:
At present (and subject to change by the date of this event!) I have a brown ale and a Belgian Witbier on tap (think English pint and Shocktop) and a coffee stout in the bottle. Sometime that same weekend I will be bottling a Spiced Ale and processing a German wheat beer. For demonstration purposes I will be brewing up a brown ale the day of the event so's those attending can get an idea of the equipment involved to get started in making this stuff. The event will give you an A-Z look at my fairly basic set up which has produced much merriment and mirth (and some, ahem, girth).

I'm figuring that most of you will be here for about 90 minutes during which time you'll see the set up and get some explanation of the process while also getting a lunch. Those that want to stay longer are welcome to. Again, this is about the drink and is not a drinking event.

Please, please, please get me your reservations in by Wednesday so I can get the menu set up and ordered for lunch!

Thank you. You may now resume your normal Forum browsing....AFTER making that reservation!!   :great:
TCARS, y'all

1999 Concours
SE AAD

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:00:31 am »
Sounds interesting. See you there. Thanks Tom!
2014 C-14

Offline Volcantour

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:52:46 pm »
BUMP
TCARS, y'all

1999 Concours