Author Topic: RWTW 2018 Registration is Now Open  (Read 11761 times)

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: RWTW 2018 Registration is Now Open
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2018, 12:22:48 am »
Ohhh, bummer.
Sounds like it needs a home with someone that has a small car.

Ride safe, Ted

14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline Rastus

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12520
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2018, 11:57:16 am »
This was my first RWTW rally, but it won't be my last. The folks at Two Wheels of Suches were great, good food, nice campground, the works. I especially enjoyed the Saturday fun ride with Jerry & Jerry & Ken & a couple other guys whose names I don't remember. It was a blast! Got to ride in some rain on the way home, but it was a small price to pay for all the fun.

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2018, 03:25:00 pm »
This was my first RWTW rally, but it won't be my last. The folks at Two Wheels of Suches were great, good food, nice campground, the works. I especially enjoyed the Saturday fun ride with Jerry & Jerry & Ken & a couple other guys whose names I don't remember. It was a blast! Got to ride in some rain on the way home, but it was a small price to pay for all the fun.

Great to meet you Rastus. Come back anytime.
Ron
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline Strawboss

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5852
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2018, 04:34:42 pm »
I too had a great time. I saw a lot of folks I haven't seen in awhile and met some new folks also. As always, great roads, good weather, except going home, good facilities and good people, thanks Jerry. BTW, I think I talked to too many people..........  ;D
01 Concours  1982 KZ550A  1979 Triumph Bonneville  1995 Honda scooter  COG#5852  AMA Life 302525  NRA 9098599  SASS 28759

Offline jetmech

• Bicycle
  • It's never too far...eventually you will get there
  • COG#: 11458
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2018, 09:59:43 pm »
Hey everybody! Annie and I had a great time! Been awhile since coming up for the first rwtw about 4 years ago, and a very poignant experience for me since having the kind of few years no one wants to have. Nice to know the group is as great as ever...lot of laughter, a lot of stories, and a lot of riding going on! which is what I expected and hoped for since I was really promoting my COG friends as a really fun bunch of people to my new bride Annie (who was so gracious to be picked up in Atlanta). Well she did a bit of seat time, up on the dragon, and to Mt Mitchell (actually almost) but stayed tough (some rain too) riding about 700 miles with me, Greg Taylor, and Tom Boyle. She had never ridden more than 75-80 miles with me before that so I was really proud of her! Think we can make this a yearly ritual, hoping to see ya'll again soon at another COG event! Thanks Greg and Tom and all my good friends at COG for the fellowship... and I JUST WANNA RIDE!!!! Also Two Wheels of Suches Rocks!!! ;)
08' "silverdammit" C-14
15' "SR71 Blackbird" C14

Offline Rico

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12496
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2018, 02:02:34 am »
Hopefully I'll join all of you next year.....
"Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

Offline funsize

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9297A
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2018, 09:37:53 am »

It was great meeting you.  I'm glad you had fun at the rally.  It's always a great time getting together with other COG members. 

Irene

Offline Always Young

• Mini Bike
  • Life is attitude, be positive..........
  • COG#: 9893
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2018, 12:53:44 am »
Rick, it was great riding with you and Anny and Greg. You've got a keeper there. She hung in there on our rides. We need to get together some time soon down here. Maybe next year I can get my wife to join us at the wolf next year. The riding and the folks at Two's are awesome.

Offline funsize

• Road Bike
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2018, 10:45:29 am »
Rick, it was great riding with you and Anny and Greg. You've got a keeper there. She hung in there on our rides. We need to get together some time soon down here. Maybe next year I can get my wife to join us at the wolf next year. The riding and the folks at Two's are awesome.

I hope you can convince your wife to come next year.  Just tell her that there were several ladies at this year's Wolf.  It might entice her to come.

Irene

Offline Rastus

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12520
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2018, 12:54:57 am »
Hi Irene, It was good meeting you and having a chat. It does my heart good to see more lady bikers on the road. I enjoyed meeting the other Patti as well as getting to see some guys I had met before and meeting some new faces. Coggers are some of the coolest people around, and I look forward to more COG rallies in the future. Planning a ride to California in the next few days, and I hope to detour onto highway 191 in Arizona(the Devil's Highway), for some really great riding, either going or coming home. Thinking about doing an Iron Butt challenge on the way out. MapQuest says it is 1,667 miles to my first CA destination, so I figure I ought to be able to accomplish a Saddlesore 1000, if not a Bun Burner 1500. I'll give 'er hell trying.

Offline funsize

• Road Bike
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2018, 09:38:35 am »
Hi Irene, It was good meeting you and having a chat. It does my heart good to see more lady bikers on the road. I enjoyed meeting the other Patti as well as getting to see some guys I had met before and meeting some new faces. Coggers are some of the coolest people around, and I look forward to more COG rallies in the future. Planning a ride to California in the next few days, and I hope to detour onto highway 191 in Arizona(the Devil's Highway), for some really great riding, either going or coming home. Thinking about doing an Iron Butt challenge on the way out. MapQuest says it is 1,667 miles to my first CA destination, so I figure I ought to be able to accomplish a Saddlesore 1000, if not a Bun Burner 1500. I'll give 'er hell trying.

I'm jealous!  I'm wanting to do an Iron Butt Challenge.  I was going to do one last year but my foot surgery sidelined me.  I think now that the weather is getting cooler I'll plan on it.  Have fun and safe travels.

Irene

Offline 12SLAG

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 11573
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2018, 09:20:15 pm »
Hi all ...   :nananana:

I am trying to find out who drove the KIA Soul with trailer hitch and Florida plates at the rally..  I have some KIA Soul questions in anticipation of a purchase.

Who knows who it was????   ;)

"guitar" Larry G 

Offline Shawn

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12217
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2018, 10:42:09 pm »

I am trying to find out who drove the KIA Soul with trailer hitch and Florida plates at the rally..  I have some KIA Soul questions in anticipation of a purchase.

"guitar" Larry G

I believe that was Patti (Riding Librarian).
'14 C14 Black

Offline SteveJ.

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5603
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2018, 11:10:54 pm »

"guitar" Larry G

A.K.A. the singer of Bobby McGee at the RWTW among other places.
Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)
Tick Tock, baby (Ironbuttal)
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'15 Versys650LT, '98 KLR650, (back home), '99 C-10, 234k miles sold

Offline Eddie-FL

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7073
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2018, 04:13:19 pm »

"guitar" Larry G

Nah, Patti drives a Scion xB, I believe. Looks kinda like a Soul.
Anderson, SC
2015 Suzuki DL650XT "Grey Ghost"
1969 Triumph Bonneville 
AMA# 686667 COG# 7073   CDA# 0136