Author Topic: SE 2018 Spring Rally - Concours Carving the Cumberland  (Read 594 times)

Offline MotoCommuter

• SE AAD GA
  • Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 7115
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
SE 2018 Spring Rally - Concours Carving the Cumberland
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »
Mark your calendars! Save the Date!!

The SE COG 2018 Spring rally will be held at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Spencer TN, April 26 - 29, 2018 (Thursday - Sunday).

It will officially be known as: "Concours Carving the Cumberland".  :motonoises:

We have reserved Group Camp #2, which will accommodate up to 150 people, it has 24 cabins, dining hall, commercial kitchen, 3 bath houses and a rec center. The word I would use to describe the camp is "Rustic". The park Inn/Restaurant is very close to the camp. Camp #2 is a large camp and fairly level, with a big field in the middle that has a base/softball backstop and a huge "bon fire" pit next to it with rough benches around it.

No camping in a tent or camper is allowed in the group camp. Your registration fee will include a bed in one of the 24 cabins in the camp, please click on the links below to view the camp and cabins. If you feel you must camp in a tent or trailer, the park does have a designated camp ground which you can camp at, but you will need to make your own arrangements. Also, the hotel is about a 1/2 mile away, so if you want to camp in a hotel room, you are free to do so as well, but on your own.

Your registration fee will include a bed in a cabin, 3 dinners (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) and 3 breakfasts (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). There is not a park entrance fee. Lunch is on your own.

Main Park Web Page: http://tnstateparks.com/parks/contact/fall-creek-falls

Group Camp Site: http://tnstateparks.com/parks/group-camp/fall-creek-falls-group-camp-1

Scroll down to the Group Camps, we are using Group Camp #2.

Park Map: http://tnstateparks.com/assets/pdf/additional-content/park-maps/fall-creek-falls_area-map.pdf

Here is a link to the photo's we took: https://goo.gl/photos/gsttHdV1Uch7WXCw7

You will need to bring your own linens/sleeping bag, soap & towels. I would suggest a twin fitted sheet for the mattress and then use your sleeping bag or just bring a blanket. The cabins have electricity in them for a light and one two prong outlet. There is no A/C or heat in any of the cabins. Each cabin has 4 bunk beds, we are anticipating at putting no more than 3 to 4 attendees per cabin. We will try to keep couples in their own cabin and will designate a women's only cabin as well. Cabin assignments will be done upon check in at the rally.

This rally will require that all attendees volunteer in some aspect of the rally, either cooking or cleaning. We are responsible for the entire camp while we are there. Work assignments will be handed out at check in at the rally and will be coordinated to have little impact on your riding time.

We will have ride routes and area attractions available. The park it self has a golf course, boat rentals, fishing, pool, Arbortrek Treetop Obstacle Course and numerous hiking trails.

We have not set a rally fee as of yet. We anticipate having the registration up before the end of the year, if not before.

Also, we are going to have t-shirts made up as well, which will be in addition to your rally fee.

More information will be added in the registration page and menus will be firmed up as we get closer to the rally date. Mark your calendar as this will be a good one!!!  :beerchug:
Kurt Brown - SE/AAD/GA
Barber Vintage Festival - Oct 5 - 8
Concours Carving The Cumberland - Apr 26-29, 2018

Offline COGnosticator

• SE AAD
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG 4478
  • COG#: 4478
Re: SE 2018 Spring Rally - Concours Carving the Cumberland
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 03:16:11 pm »
I went with Kurt during RWTW to check the place out.  There is great riding in all directions, and if you look hard you can really find some out of the way twistie roads, and by out of the way, no lines on the pavement, but they are paved   :D

Following me can be an adventure in itself sometimes   :great:

I am really looking forward to this event and encourage you to attend, it will be a great time, kinda like church camp, but without the sermons   :)
Jerry Holland  COG  4478
2013 Speed Triple (1986, 2000, 2001 C10 and 2009 and 2013 C14)
Man, you were hauling a** the other day when I passed you

Offline Ranger Jim

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 6720
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:52:57 pm »
Falls Creek Falls State Park is the site of one of the highest waterfalls east of the Mississippi River. It's a beautiful location.
JIM CULP
OtP Jr. Slave Laborer (Safety)

No one is a TOTAL failure; they can always be used as a bad example.

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:51:46 pm »
I went with Kurt during RWTW to check the place out.  There is great riding in all directions, and if you look hard you can really find some out of the way twistie roads, and by out of the way, no lines on the pavement, but they are paved   :D

Following me can be an adventure in itself sometimes   :great:

I am really looking forward to this event and encourage you to attend, it will be a great time, kinda like church camp, but without the sermons   :)

(I didn't get to go, but from what I heard, those still sound like golf cart paths)  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:02:58 am by ron203 »
2014 C-14

Offline Volcantour

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 8892
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 01:25:45 am »
Excellent venue chosen for this event. I and several others got a preview of the site and found it to be outstanding. Excellent kitchen facilities, nice spot away from the maddening crowd (and RVs), lots of potential. Why, there's even a nice grassy field for Slow Races and a few other events. And, if it rains hard enough, some long-time member can recreate his epic Plow the Row event with a Goldwing.
TCARS, y'all

COG #8892  CDA #0309  IBA #45302
1999 Concours
SE AAD

Offline Ranger Jim

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 6720
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 11:54:23 am »
Looks to be an excellent venue. Butler Maps show lots of twisty roads in the immediate area.   :great: The fact that you don't have to haul all your camping gear is a big plus as is the fact that breakfasts and suppers will be provided by the rally staff (along with assistance from the rally attendees  ;) ) is a great plus.  Sort of like a Barber event without the tents and with riding opportunities.  :)
JIM CULP
OtP Jr. Slave Laborer (Safety)

No one is a TOTAL failure; they can always be used as a bad example.

Offline Chris Mazuros

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 8453
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 10:00:45 am »
Would love to do this, but not thrilled with the rate per night on the website. Is there tent camping available there? Or is that a price per cabin that would be split by 4 people? If not it seems pricey! Can someone verify.

Offline SteveJ.

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5603
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20:30 am »
Would love to do this, but not thrilled with the rate per night on the website. Is there tent camping available there? Or is that a price per cabin that would be split by 4 people? If not it seems pricey! Can someone verify.
The website prices are per day for the whole site, all of the cabins. A bed in one of the cabins is included in the rally fee. Quite frugal.
Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'15 Versys650LT, '98 KLR650, (back home), '99 C-10, 234k miles sold
IBA 19221

Offline COGnosticator

• SE AAD
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG 4478
  • COG#: 4478
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 10:55:37 am »

The rally cost will include the lodging, 3 suppers and 3 breakfasts so it should be a decent cost even for us COGgers   ;D

COG will rent the whole Camp 2 area so you will just pay cogmos when you register
Jerry Holland  COG  4478
2013 Speed Triple (1986, 2000, 2001 C10 and 2009 and 2013 C14)
Man, you were hauling a** the other day when I passed you

Online Victor Salisbury

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 3673
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 12:30:12 pm »
Will there be a separate registration fee for someone who wanted to break in their new camping gear for the season and tent camp?
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673 
'97 Connie "The Grinch" 
Sarasota, FL 
www.cog-online.org 
Stupid Hurts! Wearing protective gear is much more comfortable.

Offline MotoCommuter

• SE AAD GA
  • Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7115
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 01:53:39 pm »
Will there be a separate registration fee for someone who wanted to break in their new camping gear for the season and tent camp?

Vic, No, there will not be A La Carte pricing. One registration fee covers Group Camp #2 facilities, bed in a cabin and meals (3 breakfasts & 3 dinners), AMA Insurance, etc, regardless if you use them.

Just a note on the registration fee, we have not nailed it down yet but we're thinking in the $65 range (don't hold me to that). This last RWTW, I camped 3 nights, had 3 breakfasts & 3 dinners, Rally Reg and ended up with a total bill of $125.

Kurt Brown - SE/AAD/GA
Barber Vintage Festival - Oct 5 - 8
Concours Carving The Cumberland - Apr 26-29, 2018