Author Topic: Sierra Opener  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director (Past)
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Sierra Opener
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2019, 10:56:07 pm »
I'll text my progress tomorrow to meet up in Le Vining or Bridgeport. Ted  :P
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline CaffeineMan

• Road Bike
  • In the shadow of the Valley of Death
  • COG#: 7763
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2019, 05:55:15 pm »
This was a fun event!  Many thanks to Dan for organizing this!
"You put antiseize on those, right?"
17 C-14 Candy Imperial Blue ("Baby Blue")
01 C-10 Sonic Blue ("Old Blue") - Decommissioned, in storage.

• I Need a Life
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2019, 11:07:28 pm »
Great event Guy's. Well done. I was actually sore from wrestling the pig at those speeds along those roads. Awesome!
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2019, 11:13:43 pm »
I enjoyed meeting all the guys and then following them everywhere!😂🤣

Offline DGOLD

• Road Bike
  • 1995 c10, 2001 c10, 2010 c14
  • COG#: 10054
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2019, 02:33:12 am »
Thanks for the fellowship and turning me on to those roads.
The drive home to LA was gruesome but the memories of the previous two days kept a smile on my face.

Offline Swedge

• Tricycle
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2019, 03:21:09 pm »
Great ride and great to meet new friends! I took Hwy 26 just to get in a few more twisties. Thanks again to Dan and Keith.

Offline SantaCruzRider

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8702
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2019, 10:52:59 pm »
I'm glad to hear you gentlemen had a great weekend. I felt super lucky getting the weather window we did.

When I put this out to COG, I was committed to riding it solo if nobody came. But even as amazing as these roads are, it wouldn't have been half as much fun without all of you joining in.

One more shout out of my own to Keith for not only sharing his expertise and planning, but for playing shepherd on all the rides. Nicely done my friend!

Thanks all -- and hope you have as great a time next month at Borrego.
Dan Breeden
Concourier editor emeritus (2015-'16), OtP tag-along rider 2017
'94 Concours; '02 FZ1

• I Need a Life
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2019, 12:41:27 am »
I'm glad to hear you gentlemen had a great weekend. I felt super lucky getting the weather window we did.

When I put this out to COG, I was committed to riding it solo if nobody came. But even as amazing as these roads are, it wouldn't have been half as much fun without all of you joining in.

One more shout out of my own to Keith for not only sharing his expertise and planning, but for playing shepherd on all the rides. Nicely done my friend!

Thanks all -- and hope you have as great a time next month at Borrego.
I know it may be unobtainable but get your happy A$$ down there! Won't be the same without you. You Guy's did a awesome J. O. B.

Offline Shredder

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 13012
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2019, 01:20:41 am »
Sorry I haven’t been able to get my videos and pictures put together from this deal, I’ve been working long hours and my video software and iPad are not cooperating! I’ll get it done as soon as I can fella’s.

Offline SantaCruzRider

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2019, 05:11:44 pm »
After careful consideration, I feel I MUST ISSUE A WARNING to all SW COG riders who did not attend this year's Sierra Sampler rally --- DO NOT READ the Winter Issue of The Concourier.

Spoiler alert: The issue should be in members' mailboxes in the next couple of weeks and COG members who didn't attend the ride should either toss it out, or at least avoid reading the pages recapping the Sierra ride!

Seriously, if you see what you missed, you're just going to feel so sad -- and it might ruin your holiday. So please, don't read it.

Also, be especially careful to avoid seeing any of the photos... really, they will make you question your priorities and your ability to make decisions around how to spend your free time.  :-\

So if you're a SW rider and you didn't ride the ride, it's probably best to just entirely avoid your mailbox until at least mid-January.

If you can't do that, please accept my personal apology for potentially ruining your holidays. Go ahead and read the article, shed your tears, kick yourself repeatedly... and watch this space for a date for a repeat ride in 2020 -- and a second chance to "make better choices!"   :beerchug:
Dan Breeden
'94 Concours; '02 FZ1

Offline Cali Cruiser

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 12770
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2019, 05:48:30 pm »
After careful consideration, I feel I MUST ISSUE A WARNING to all SW COG riders who did not attend this year's Sierra Sampler rally --- DO NOT READ the Winter Issue of The Concourier.

Spoiler alert: The issue should be in members' mailboxes in the next couple of weeks and COG members who didn't attend the ride should either toss it out, or at least avoid reading the pages recapping the Sierra ride!

Seriously, if you see what you missed, you're just going to feel so sad -- and it might ruin your holiday. So please, don't read it.

Also, be especially careful to avoid seeing any of the photos... really, they will make you question your priorities and your ability to make decisions around how to spend your free time.  :-\

So if you're a SW rider and you didn't ride the ride, it's probably best to just entirely avoid your mailbox until at least mid-January.

If you can't do that, please accept my personal apology for potentially ruining your holidays. Go ahead and read the article, shed your tears, kick yourself repeatedly... and watch this space for a date for a repeat ride in 2020 -- and a second chance to "make better choices!"   :beerchug:

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Offline Rusty

• Officer
  • Street Cruiser
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live-2008 C14
  • COG#: 9585
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2019, 01:50:54 am »

I feel very bad that I did not get a chance to ride the passes with a great group of people and riders! I will still read your story Dan and check out the pictures because it will get me ready to go in 2020! Thank you for taking the time to write the story and post the pictures! It will just make more COG members envious of what great riding we have! Then they will come out and visit!  :) :motonoises: :great:

Offline DGOLD

• Road Bike
  • 1995 c10, 2001 c10, 2010 c14
  • COG#: 10054
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2019, 02:38:47 am »
Great article in the Concourier. Great photos(since I am in most) but I was impressed mostly how you handle mentioning us. I'd love to do the same route again but in reverse order.
Maybe I'll see you all in Death Valley!

Offline SantaCruzRider

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2019, 12:50:53 am »
Thanks. Not to get sappy (and I'll deny if called on it), but half the enjoyment of this ride for me was all you gentlemen who joined, swapped lies, took turns passing on the double yellow and otherwise made it a party. The other half were the amazing roads -- throw in 10-20% for the drinks and pizza, plus 12% for the "I'm taking my pants off" announcement. -- somebody my math...   :rotflmao:

I like your idea of reversing the route. It's awfully tough to argue with any of those passes -- but would be nice to change it up a little.  :great:
Dan Breeden
'94 Concours; '02 FZ1

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2019, 12:59:34 am »
I was the slowpoke  following you guys!

Offline CaffeineMan

• Road Bike
  • In the shadow of the Valley of Death
  • COG#: 7763
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2019, 05:25:05 pm »
Haven't seen my ugly mug or my bike in that many pics in a Concourier before.  Fortunately it didn't spoil the pics.  ;D

Thanks to all who threw that party!  It was good to ride all those roads I used to ride when I lived in Reno.  And great to meet some people I'd never met.

:beer chug:
"You put antiseize on those, right?"
17 C-14 Candy Imperial Blue ("Baby Blue")
01 C-10 Sonic Blue ("Old Blue") - Decommissioned, in storage.