Author Topic: Who's going to the National Rally from the SW  (Read 1184 times)

Offline ZG/ZN Kim

• Kim
  • Moped
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12363
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Who's going to the National Rally from the SW
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 01:04:12 am »
If it were me, this time of year(HOT). I would swing north into Montana and pickup highway 2 all the way into the U.P. of Michigan. You would have the choice of either entering Canada, or heading south and missing all that BS on the south end of Lake Michigan. Kansas,Nebraska, South Dakota will be very very hot.
If you do take highway 2, stop in Fort Peck, Montana. There is a cool motel/bar/restaurant, pretty reasonable as well. But call ahead. It is called the Fort Peck Hotel.

In any case have a safe trip.

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director (Past)
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 01:16:19 am »
If it were me, this time of year(HOT). I would swing north into Montana and pickup highway 2 all the way into the U.P. of Michigan. You would have the choice of either entering Canada, or heading south and missing all that BS on the south end of Lake Michigan. Kansas,Nebraska, South Dakota will be very very hot.
If you do take highway 2, stop in Fort Peck, Montana. There is a cool motel/bar/restaurant, pretty reasonable as well. But call ahead. It is called the Fort Peck Hotel.

In any case have a safe trip.
Thanks Bud. Looking to stay north as far as possible. Cain't cross to Canada due to fire arm regs  :'( But trying to stay as cool as possible. Heck, heat? Beats the hell out of KS, TX and OK. Not to mention the Mojave in NV. Shall be early morn departures. PS Humidity sux's.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline Pittsburgh_Clem

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11340
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 07:36:09 pm »
Well the ones leaving from Cali  at least you will know what a good price for gas is as you travel across this great nation of ours :great:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

• I Need a Life
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 11:28:56 pm »
Well the ones leaving from Cali  at least you will know what a good price for gas is as you travel across this great nation of ours :great:
just bought Diesel in rural NV. $2.89/gal. I pretty much did a dance. And no you do not want to see it.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline Roach

• Tricycle
  • 2011 Concours 14
  • COG#: 12979
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2019, 04:42:00 pm »
Thanks Bud. Looking to stay north as far as possible. Cain't cross to Canada due to fire arm regs  :'( But trying to stay as cool as possible. Heck, heat? Beats the hell out of KS, TX and OK. Not to mention the Mojave in NV. Shall be early morn departures. PS Humidity sux's.
[/quote]

;)  LEOSA!!!!!!!

Online Rusty

• Officer
  • Street Cruiser
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live-2008 C14
  • COG#: 9585
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »
Great National Rally! Fantastic job by the Northeast team! On the road for 16 days and 15 nights going cross country and back with a little over 7,000 miles ridden! This country is beautiful and though I love California and the Southwest, Every state has some great stuff to see! Enjoyed our time in Williamsport and saw quite a bit of the area surrounding it. Just beautiful!

Thank you to Mark Hartman and Keith Williams my riding partners! They are the just great persons to ride with! We saw a lot of heat, humidity, rain, hail, wind and sunshine!! We had a plan and nothing was going to stop us!! They are the best!  See you all in Vancouver, Washington next year!!

• I Need a Life
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2019, 12:23:03 am »
Great National Rally! Fantastic job by the Northeast team! On the road for 16 days and 15 nights going cross country and back with a little over 7,000 miles ridden! This country is beautiful and though I love California and the Southwest, Every state has some great stuff to see! Enjoyed our time in Williamsport and saw quite a bit of the area surrounding it. Just beautiful!

Thank you to Mark Hartman and Keith Williams my riding partners! They are the just great persons to ride with! We saw a lot of heat, humidity, rain, hail, wind and sunshine!! We had a plan and nothing was going to stop us!! They are the best!  See you all in Vancouver, Washington next year!!
Harumf Harumf. Great adventure!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: C U in Devils Cut Brother.