Author Topic: Dunlop Q3 Plus  (Read 829 times)

Offline Rod

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Dunlop Q3 Plus
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:46:11 pm »
I have owned two Concours an 09 and a 14 and have ran Pirelli Angel GT and Michelin pr4 as well as the stock Brigstones. My friend and I we like to ride the twisties. I decided I would put some sport bike tires on the bike to see what it could do. I'll never go back to Pirelli angels. I'm dragging the pegs both sides with these tires. If they last two thousand miles I'm good to go. Going to the Dragon in June. These tires Inspire confidence. The Pirellis slipped in the corners several times. At a lot less lean angle then the dunlap's. My chicken strips are almost non-existent.

Offline Deepsea

• Living large in the land of Hansel & Gretel
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
Re: Dunlop Q3 Plus
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:12:23 am »
What air pressure are you running? I first learned of the Q3 when attending the California Superbike School and riding my C14 instead of their S1000RR's. I needed new tires and the Q3 is what they had available. 35 psi at the track and 42 on the street.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Rod

• Tricycle
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:17:29 am »
I am running 42 PSI front and back. FYI I'm a big dude over 300 lb.

Offline C44

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:36:21 pm »
I was thinking of running the same tire. I would rather have the extra traction with the Q3plus over a few more miles. 

Offline Deepsea

• Living large in the land of Hansel & Gretel
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 03:32:33 am »
Dunlop is constantly offering the Q3+ with a rebate or discount. When you factor that in the cost per mile is frequently less than some of the higher priced tires. The downside is changing tires more often.

BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Rod

• Tricycle
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 09:41:24 am »
2500 miles and the rear is down to the wear bars. The front shows and little cupping. Not what you call a long life but boy were they fun. And something else . They give you Supreme confidence in a corner they never slipped once. I've never drug pegs before but it was easy to do with these tires.