Author Topic: First 2019 tire promo I'ved seen: Avon Spirit ST's $50 started Feb. 1st  (Read 516 times)

Offline Charliedog

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
I'm in the market for some new tires for my C14, so I've been watching for promotions.  Came across this today at American Moto Tire.  I haven't seen many reviews of this tire on either owners' forum, but the price sure looks interesting.  I had a couple of sets of Avon's on my C10 with mixed results, but these are the 'latest and greatest', so it's tempting.

Just my $.02.

Offline ghostrider990

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12649
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: First 2019 tire promo I'ved seen: Avon Spirit ST's $50 started Feb. 1st
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:11:25 pm »
Thanks for putting that up.  Hopefully we can keep this going, with as many eyes on the Sales so we can all benefit!  :great:

gr
My Horns have Horns.

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
  • Oops, my Connie turned into an FJR !!!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7055
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:00:09 pm »
I installed a set of the new Avon Spirits on my FJR back in the fall and so far I like them.
"Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug" Get used to it cause thats life !!!

Offline Brooke_Benfield_OR

• Moped
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 2185
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 08:30:03 pm »
I also put a pair of these on my FJR and am very impressed with them.
Brooke Benfield  2013 FJR1300  COG #2185

Offline Charliedog

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:04:25 pm »
Thanks for the comments on the Spirits.  I just noticed the promo ONLY goes thru the month of February.  Gotta make a decision soon....

Offline Red Fox

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11691
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 09:11:42 pm »
I been wearing the Avons prior Storm 3's, 2's and 1's for 10+ years with good results. 
The prices in your seller's store sale are the lowest I've ever seen for a pair Avon sport touring tires.
I'd hop on it myself except my tires are too close to new ...
TryCities, WA.    2011  C-14, silver; 53,000 miles.

Offline ghostrider990

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 01:58:24 pm »
I been wearing the Avons prior Storm 3's, 2's and 1's for 10+ years with good results. 
The prices in your seller's store sale are the lowest I've ever seen for a pair Avon sport touring tires.
I'd hop on it myself except my tires are too close to new ...

If the prices are THAT low, i'd buy a spare set, or three.   :beerchug:
My Horns have Horns.

Offline gpd323

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 04:05:27 pm »
After the rebate its $205 for a set.

I have run the 3DXM's a few times, currently on a set of Dunlop RS's. But I just got a delivery of a set of the AVON's and have placed my rebate claim.

Cheers!
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline Just Cliff

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9547
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 12:25:49 pm »
I've been a fan of the 3D-XM's for some now, been through over dozen sets of them. My impressions with the ST's so far are not good. 1st set was only good for 4,045 miles & were well beyond wore out. 3D's typically averaged 6,700. I'll admit they were all hard miles, no highway. Somewhere in that last 25% of tread life handling became awful.

Pulled the second set off at 1,250 miles (I will reinstall them), all easy miles. They were down to 5/32's already & I needed to make a little 2,000 mile round trip down to FL for a trackday. These tires start out with 9/32's so I was concerned about their condition when arriving at the track. They looked great, but by measurement they were 50% gone.

Haven't bothered even measuring the current set for tread wear. We'll see how they fair. I switched to ST's because I was told the 3D's were out of production & ST's were the latest model. I've been in contact with Avon & they say 3D's are in current production in all sizes.

Just my .02!

Votee Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :motonoises:
Cliff
2008 Concours, 200,000 miles & counting. 
2014 1000 V Strom

Offline gpd323

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 02:37:49 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good info, all I want is a set of tires to make it to 2500 or 3500 miles when I travel. They are usually hard miles with limited slab. If I have some tread left and I think I can make the next trip, I always take the used tires off give them to a friend and slap a new set on. Peace of mind.
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline Red Fox

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11691
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 02:30:46 am »
I've been a fan of the 3D-XM's for some now, been through over dozen sets of them. My impressions with the ST's so far are not good. 1st set was only good for 4,045 miles & were well beyond wore out. 3D's typically averaged 6,700. I'll admit they were all hard miles, no highway. Somewhere in that last 25% of tread life handling became awful.

Pulled the second set off at 1,250 miles (I will reinstall them), all easy miles. They were down to 5/32's already & I needed to make a little 2,000 mile round trip down to FL for a trackday. These tires start out with 9/32's so I was concerned about their condition when arriving at the track. They looked great, but by measurement they were 50% gone.

Haven't bothered even measuring the current set for tread wear. We'll see how they fair. I switched to ST's because I was told the 3D's were out of production & ST's were the latest model. I've been in contact with Avon & they say 3D's are in current production in all sizes.

Just my .02!

Great comparative info for Avon tire users, like me - thanks![/b]
TryCities, WA.    2011  C-14, silver; 53,000 miles.