Author Topic: Oops. Tire shipment went wrong!  (Read 355 times)

Offline Red Fox

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11691
  • Membership Level: Active
Oops. Tire shipment went wrong!
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:45:55 pm »

So I ordered a pair of tires this past week and they were to be delivered to Pendleton, OR on Friday, where my friend has a tire mounting set-up.
Tires weren't delivered Friday as expected so checked the status on the provided UPS shipping link.
As of Saturday they had been sent to Honolulu and are awaiting pickup!  Wow.

Well, at least UPS seems open about it being their fault for misdirecting the package.
Lesson for all: don't wait till the last minute because you might draw the short straw and get the uncommon mixup. 
Thinking I'm about to see how responsive customer service is these days ...

From the UPS link on Saturday:
Honolulu, HI, United States 07/07/2018 2:25 A.M. The sender requested this package be held for pickup at a UPS facility. / Package must be picked up within 5 business days.
Honolulu, HI, United States 07/06/2018 10:58 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay."  [Do ya think?]
TryCities, WA.    2011  C-14, silver; 53,000 miles.

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
Re: Oops. Tire shipment went wrong!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:56 pm »

So I ordered a pair of tires this past week and they were to be delivered to Pendleton, OR on Friday, where my friend has a tire mounting set-up.
Tires weren't delivered Friday as expected so checked the status on the provided UPS shipping link.
As of Saturday they had been sent to Honolulu and are awaiting pickup!  Wow.

Well, at least UPS seems open about it being their fault for misdirecting the package.
Lesson for all: don't wait till the last minute because you might draw the short straw and get the uncommon mixup. 

I sent some helmet padding from Calif. to Las Vegas, gave the buyer a tracking number, the next day he text me and says hey the package is in Puerto Rico, yep it took a few day vacation before going back to Vegas lol

Honolulu, HI, United States 07/07/2018 2:25 A.M. The sender requested this package be held for pickup at a UPS facility. / Package must be picked up within 5 business days.
Honolulu, HI, United States 07/06/2018 10:58 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay."  [Do ya think?]

Offline RoadKillHeaven

• How hard can it be? 。◕‿◕。
  • Road Bike
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 05:15:33 am »
Usually, upon placing an order you provide an email where details about  order - as well as updates - are sent.
Despite carrier mistakes, always check tracking of the package upon receiving an email update. This way mishaps could be corrected.

Cheers...

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 10:28:22 am »
I've had some items take some pretty big detours in the past.  It really sucks to check the tracking info and see that it's in BFE and might even have been delivered to someone else.  It hasn't happened alot, but it has happened.  You have my sympathies! 

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:59:23 am »

Sounds like UPS ought to pay for your trip to go pick them up....
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Online Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Road Bike
  • COG#: 12666
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 01:20:13 pm »
I live in a rural area and packages usually get left at the gate. Since I have lived here I have had only three problems with deliveries with countless orders all three were Fed X, two were delivered to the wrong address and were found one of which about a month after a replacement had already been received. The last was a $2,700 turbo and the delivery date had been preplanned for when I would be home, needless to say it was late delivered the next day according to the tracking but wasn't there.  That turbo thank God was insured but it caused me to miss a couple of races. I now have surveillance cameras now sure wish I knew if it was stolen or if Fed X never got it to the right place???
2005 C10, 2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.

Offline Red Fox

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11691
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 04:48:08 am »

Well customer service at both American Moto Tire and UPS came through without me doing anything other contacting AMT. 
Tires been delivered to my Oregon address as of today.  All's well that ends well; missed my preferred tire mount date, but it's OK.
TryCities, WA.    2011  C-14, silver; 53,000 miles.