Author Topic: Rear Angel GT A Spec removal.......ideas?  (Read 2462 times)

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8645
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Rear Angel GT A Spec removal.......ideas?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »
I was skeptical when i tried this idea but it worked perfect.  The only reason i had trouble was technique and not enough lube.... It moves only very slightly.

Though i will admit there would be a little more torque available if it was bolted.  For now I'm going to try it this way and if it becomes an issue i will bolt it.  Problem is my two stall garage is on the small side.  1960s era house.  If I hard mount it, It will be in the way for other tasks and I would have to un-bolt it and then cover up the studs.  It will be a hassle.  I won't put studs in the floor where vehicle tires will be.

I put threaded anchors in the floor of the garage then bolt it down when I need it.

When I remove it I put nice low button head screws in the holes to protect the threads.
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours / 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400  COG memb# 8645

Offline JTX

• Crotch Rocket
  • TEXAS 2015 ZG14
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 03:03:17 pm »
I was skeptical when i tried this idea but it worked perfect.  The only reason i had trouble was technique and not enough lube.... It moves only very slightly.

Though i will admit there would be a little more torque available if it was bolted.  For now I'm going to try it this way and if it becomes an issue i will bolt it.  Problem is my two stall garage is on the small side.  1960s era house.  If I hard mount it, It will be in the way for other tasks and I would have to un-bolt it and then cover up the studs.  It will be a hassle.  I won't put studs in the floor where vehicle tires will be.

I put threaded anchors in the floor of the garage then bolt it down when I need it.

When I remove it I put nice low button head screws in the holes to protect the threads.

That would be an option.....Hmm.  I'll see how my current setup works over time.

Offline Dragunslayer

• Tricycle
  • " An APEX is a Terrible thing to Waste!!"
    • No-Mar Tire Changers
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 06:36:12 am »
JTX, that changer will work MUCH better if it's bolted to the concrete floor. You'll even find it takes less effort too.

I have had my No-Mar Changer bolted to 4' x 4'- 3/4" sheet of plywood doubled up for at least 5 years with zero issue. Well unless I was trying to take a car tire off my nephews GT Mustang rim ( welded on the rim ).

If Space is an issue for people then hitch mount  is an easy solution. You can put it into any 2" receiver even if the receiver is mounted to a post or something in the house. Then when the changer is not in use you just remove the backpost assembly and its stores pretty flat against a wall.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:40:35 am by Dragunslayer »
Kevin Reinhold
Robertsville, MO
Assembly Worker for No-Mar Tire Changer
15' Kawasaki Concour 14
15' Susuki GSX-S1000F

Offline Gscott

• Bicycle
  • 09 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12413
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 02:42:43 pm »
I use the hitch adaptor  only done 3 sets of tires but it works great with the nomar  classic model.

Offline JTX

• Crotch Rocket
  • TEXAS 2015 ZG14
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 03:11:12 pm »
Both are good options.  I also like the mount you place the car on to hold it down.