Author Topic: Any interest in a Progressive 465 shock and/or Race Tech GVE group buy?  (Read 883 times)

Offline Pak29

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Hi there, COG community! Thanks once again for the collective knowledge and generosity of the board.  Now let me try to give something back. 

I spoke to the manager of the independant motorcycle shop where I work, The Daily Rider in Burlington, VT, and he has given me the go ahead to put together a group buy on the new shock from Progressive and/or one for the Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators.  I will list the details below, but if I should repost this as a formal listing in the Emporium, Mods please let me know.  I've knocked the markup down to practically nothing, lower than I can find anywhere from anyone else, so that COG members will get the best price out there. 

We can do a sliding scale on the price of these parts depending on how many takers we get.  The MSRP on the shock is $495. Real world (internet bargain hunting) price on the shock tends to be about $380-$400 ($390 at Murphs, for example).  {EDIT - As of 3/2/12, our wholesaler has raised the price of this shock to us. The following prices have be adjusted upwards slightly since my original post. Likewise, I would expect other retailers to be raising their prices, too, when they notice the change.} If we can get seven takers, the price will be $369, and at ten buyers, only $346. 

Pricing on the Gold Valve Emulators will be as follows- Retail MSRP is $169.99.  Real world pricing tends to be $135-145.  The price for the minimum five buyers will be $132, so again, at worst this is the best deal on these that I could find.  At seven, the price will drop to $125, and at ten they will cost only $121.   

There will be no sales tax for anyone outside of VT, but I will have to ask for postage.  I expect that these shocks will ship to the lower 48 for $15 or less.  The GVE's will be less, and I will of course combine shipping if you buy both.  If you want it in a hurry, I can ship it faster, too.

If you're interested in this deal (including a conditional "only if we get to seven" level of interest), or have glowing things to say about either of these products, post to this thread.  I have had fabulous experiences with GVEs on two other bikes, but haven't done them to my Connie yet. Stay tuned for a full write up to help you install and tune them yourself.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:50:20 pm by Pak29 »
1986 Silver Concours 10

Offline Pak29

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Hi friends,

I sense there may be some hesitation to commit to a deal with a new forum member.  I get it. 

I will give whoever is willing to go first the shock at the 10-buyer price, $346 plus actual shipping, right now with no waiting.   

Post to this thread to save your spot and PM me.  I will provide whatever assurance I can that The Daily Rider is a real brick and mortar shop and a reputable business, and we can exchange payment and shipping info. 

Summer's coming!  Do yourself a favor and upgrade your ride! 
1986 Silver Concours 10