• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Meet and Eat / Clinton Arkansas / 3 days / The Spring Fling in Arkansas

connie_rider

2021 Spring Fling Registration

A group of us are going to Clinton Arkansas for a Meet and Eat.
(Eat) There's a heck of a good Lunch Truck across the street from the Motel.
Err; I think we'll be there {meeting and eating} for 3 days. (April 30 thru May 2)
Anybody want to meet us there?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: {As Clinton is in the middle of some of our favorite Arkansas roads, we may even ride a bit while we're there.. <evil grin>

Last edited:
err; Knowing COGgers and how frugal they are; We're working on the lower end of the Motel Scale.
Last time, we stayed at a Super 8 by Wyndham. (nice/clean/inexpensive)
We're currently working on a discount for the group.
Not as nice as a Best Western, but it's next door to a Walmart so we can walk/stagger to our favorite store.

Ride safe, Ted

The negotiations on the Motel are done & Jim dun good.....
{Don't tell him I sed that :sneaky: }

The Motel is the Super 8 by Wyndham. {Located on Hwy 65 in Clinton Arkansas}
Phone number: {501 745-8810 or 501 209-4358}
Dates are Fri / April 30 - Sunday / May 2. {I plan to arrive on Thursday April 29 and depart on Sunday / May 2}
Single room; $65 a night.
Dbl. Room; $70 a night.
** 10 Rooms currently being held.. {may not be able to increase the number of discounted rooms, so book your rooms!}
If rooms are not available at the Super 8, (I think) additional rooms can be found at the Best Western in Clinton}

If anyone wants to "Meet and Eat" with us, Call the Motel and arrange your room.
Tell them Ted and Jim sent ya. {and mention "Concours Owners Group"}
Please let us know if you plan to attend.

NOTE: We will post this info on the COG Event Schedule in the coming days.
Please register there if you plan come.

New snazzy name; Spring Fling in Arkansas.
Registration cost is $0.00 as this is an informal meet and eat {gettogether}.
We'll beg Craig (COG South Central AD) for a few door prizes to give out.
{Jim's good at begging; as he's been married a LOOoOONg time}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Robert's buyin'.. {shhhh; I haven't told him yet} :whistle:

Last edited:
Event registration link has been added to the first post at the top.

Craig

Last edited:
Update; We had difficulty with the Motel phone number, so added a better number.
And: We may not be able to arrange additional rooms at the discounted rate, so book your Rooms ASAP.....

The Motel is the Super 8 by Wyndham. {Located on Hwy 65 in Clinton Arkansas}
Phone number: {501 745-8810 or 501 209-4358}
Dates are Fri / April 30 - Sunday / May 2. {I plan to arrive on Thursday April 29 and depart on Sunday / May 2}
Single room; $65 a night.
Dbl. Room; $70 a night.
** 10 Rooms currently being held.. {we may not be able to increase the number of discounted rooms, so book your rooms ASAP!}
*If rooms are not available at the Super 8, (I think) additional rooms can be found at the Best Western in Clinton}

Craig finished the COG Event Registration Link.
Please go there and register so that we know who is coming.
2021 Spring Fling Registration
{thanks Craig}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jim and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon so that we can ride/eat all day Friday.

Last edited:

Big Jim in front of us had just gotten over a spill so he was a little tentative.

Craig

Hotel booked, registered for the event and I look forward to seeing everybody.
So I guess this means you're OK?
After you snuck off from the Wildflower like a fart in the night wind, I was concerned.
I'm glad all is well with you. 👍 :)

We're getting closer to the day we go to Arkansas to Meet and Eat, and RIDE! (y)
If anyone else wants to meet us there, let us know.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Craig's buying..

Letting everyone know that Cleburne County (Clinton) has gone wet & is now selling beer at Wal-Mart right next door to hotel. So no worries if you run low or concerned about hauling it.

Ted want have a long walk to buy y'all some! 😂

Last edited:
fyi; Cliff offered to (mebbe/possibly) do a meet and eat (at his house) on Saturday night.
Jim and I are in contact with him and his boss/wife now. (she'll make the final decision)

NOTE: If we do this, we'll have cars/trucks available to haul everyone there/back.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,{so you can drink a few cool ones and everyone will be safe}

If interested, let us know.

Ride safe, Ted

Wish you could be there too.

Update; Just got off the phone with Cliff.
He and I worked out the details for a Burger/Hot Dog Burn on Saturday night.
We're planning to haul everyone to Cliff's:
(So, If anyone decides to consume a beer or 3, we can transport everyone back to the Motel safely).

By the way;
Jim's buying the burgers. (Don't tell him I sed that, as I haven't quite talked him into it [yet]). "shhhhhhh"
Y'all will have to bring your own beer, and mebbe 1 for Jim.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
So I will be heading down from Mountain Home to Clinton. Haven’t seen you guys in awhile. A couple of years ago I traded the Connie in on an H2 SX so will be riding that. Look forward to seeing you guys.
Bruce

Big Jim in front of us had just gotten over a spill so he was a little tentative.

Craig

Hey there Craig. Love the video! Thanks for sharing it. Ride looks like it was a hoot.
If you don't mind me asking, does bike (the one with the camera attached to it) have a re-flashed ECU or is it stock?

Thx, AB

Our 10 room block off has been filled but I requested 2 more rooms. If additional rooms are needed call the Best Western Hilltop
(501) 745-4700.

Hey there Craig. Love the video! Thanks for sharing it. Ride looks like it was a hoot.
If you don't mind me asking, does bike (the one with the camera attached to it) have a re-flashed ECU or is it stock?

Thx, AB
It's stock....I am so used to how it behaves I have left it stock. We are 2 up here with Pamela on the back.

Texasdevops902, {I hate to say that Craig did anything good} but his video is a pretty good representation of the roads in Arkansas.
NOTE: The camera tends to make the turns look like big/wide/sweepers.
Look closely and you'll see that many of them have suggested speeds of 30 mph.
So, their tighter than the video looks. {ie; Fun..}

The rider spacing and engine RPM's you hear, are a good indication of how our group will be riding.
ie; "Smoothing" thru a turn, not blasting thru..

Ride safe, Ted

I will be coming down Thursday afternoon. I booked with the Super Eight. Since I’m rewards member got the same rate. Hopefully the weather will be good. Looks like a chance of rain Fri/Sat. We’ll see.

Ok, I admit it. I'm old and slow. (and most of us haven't didn't do a lot of riding last year)

NOTE: If it's too rainy, we can set around and talk about Speedy, {err, I mean satxrider} and/or; Jim/Cliff/Craig/etc/etc/etc...
(ie; EVERYONE, except Ted)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
If you let Ted ride the H2 SX, get a $25K deposit............. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding......I have my eyes on a H2 SX SE but Pamela would complain of the seat.

Only 25K (??)
Not, a problem. I'll write a check.. :p

(Craig) Not a problem.
Buy Pamela her own seat, and leave it in the truck..
{Don't tell her I sed that }

Ride safe, Ted {Glad I could help}

Last edited:
If you let Ted ride the H2 SX, get a $25K deposit............. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding......I have my eyes on a H2 SX SE but Pamela would complain of the seat.
Yea two up would be rough. For what I do around Mountain Home 200-300 mile day max, it’s perfect. I’ve got the BMW K 1600 for two up, long distance rides.

Attachments

• 5775027B-792C-4561-90DE-9820CBC38F79.jpeg
    5775027B-792C-4561-90DE-9820CBC38F79.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 181
Wish you could be there too.

Update; Just got off the phone with Cliff.
He and I worked out the details for a Burger/Hot Dog Burn on Saturday night.
We're planning to haul everyone to Cliff's:
(So, If anyone decides to consume a beer or 3, we can transport everyone back to the Motel safely).

By the way;
Jim's buying the burgers. (Don't tell him I sed that, as I haven't quite talked him into it [yet]). "shhhhhhh"
Y'all will have to bring your own beer, and mebbe 1 for Jim.

Ride safe, Ted
I’m in! Thx guys!!

A goodie box is on the way for the riders and Cliff is right, weather looks good for the weekend. Watch for deer and debris in the corners that may wash across the road. Thanks Cliff and Jimmie for having folks over on Saturday and I will be on NGA IR satellite feeds watching for the bonfire!!!!IMG_20170422_201827839.jpg

I do too , but there are some family and work commitments to keep. We have blocked out the time for the Final Fall Fling which IS on our schedule.

The picture of the fire was from HMR in 2017, Cliff goes BIG....on fires.

I do too , but there are some family and work commitments to keep. We have blocked out the time for the Final Fall Fling which IS on our schedule.

The picture of the fire was from HMR in 2017, Cliff goes BIG....on fires.

I'm pretty new to the group, and haven't yet earned my stripes or had the pleasure of meeting anyone from COG in person just yet. Ted will more than likely be the first person who I'll encounter as he's in my neck of the woods (so to speak). But being the humor addict I am I couldn't help but wonder if it's too soon for me to respond the following to the bonfire comment "Cliff goes BIG....on fires"?

First thought that popped into my head was, "That's cool, as long as it's in some ETJ far away from city centers and used car lots, because THEN the CNN line about "mostly peaceful" would be perfectly correct." :^ ) LOL

I'm pretty new to the group, and haven't yet earned my stripes or had the pleasure of meeting anyone from COG in person just yet. Ted will more than likely be the first person who I'll encounter as he's in my neck of the woods (so to speak).

I'm sorry, but it will get better! 😆😅😂🤣

But being the humor addict I am I couldn't help but wonder if it's too soon for me to respond the following to the bonfire comment "Cliff goes BIG....on fires"?

That fire looks nearly burned out. 😲

So, it sounds like you didn't talk the wife into Clinton?
So, come alone.. :devilish:

The HMR is Cliff's event in Greenbriar Arkansas.
HMR is Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous.
Camping event, that is fun for all. Part of the fun is a huge bonfire.
Cliff's place isn't in town., but "mostly peaceful" is stretching it a bit.

Ride safe, Ted

I'm pretty new to the group, and haven't yet earned my stripes or had the pleasure of meeting anyone from COG in person just yet. Ted will more than likely be the first person who I'll encounter as he's in my neck of the woods (so to speak).

Now you got me worried, if Ted is the first person from COG you meet, then we will likely not be seeing you anymore. He has a way of "running off" all the new members he comes across. He says it because of his extremely good looks and personality, but others beg to differ.

Steve

Now you got me worried, if Ted is the first person from COG you meet, then we will likely not be seeing you anymore. He has a way of "running off" all the new members he comes across. He says it because of his extremely good looks and personality, but others beg to differ.

Steve

ROFL :^ ) Thx for the heads-up! LOL :^ )

As of right now the weather is looking very good for this weekend.

We do have rain Wed./Thurs. but it clears out early Fri. morning & then mid 70's mostly sunny.
Cliff. Looking forward to seeing you again. Haven’t seen you since we rode back from the Spider Ride in Steelville a few years ago.

Anybody coming from DFW? If so I plan on leaving Friday morning from Fort Worth around 6:43am and traveling to new Boston, Texas where I will head north towards Highway 16 and ride through the mountains to avoid the interstate or major highways as much as possible.. I’ll take 16 E. to Clinton. It’s a great ride if anybody wants to join.

Thinking about coming up for the day on Fri. Any idea what time y'all will be heading out on Friday morning?

Cliff. Looking forward to seeing you again. Haven’t seen you since we rode back from the Spider Ride in Steelville a few years ago.
Yes, it's been a while & I had forgotten about that back from Steelville.

Heading up (most likely thru rain) Thur. I'm really looking forward to meeting y'all.
According to the local forecast, it's pretty much guaranteed! :oops:

Thinking about coming up for the day on Fri. Any idea what time y'all will be heading out on Friday morning?
Ted told me around 9 - 9:30.

Steve
First, ya need to get it right. It's EXTREMELY Good Looks and PLEASING Personality.
I actually sed; Your "jealous" of my EXTREMELY Good Looks and PLEASING Personality.

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, I'm wussing out. She's going on the trailer for a little ride in the morning. See y'all there.

Right now, it appears that we may have about 15 there.
{That is too big of riding group, so we'll be breaking into groups.}
Some of the groups may be pulling out early, but our group will do a 9:00 - 9:30ish side stands up.
ie; We're on vacation. So, we're not leaving early, and not exactly at 9:00. We'll wing it as the group forms.

Ride safe, Ted

I’m heading down Thursday after work so I’ll probably be there 6:30pm or so. The weather for Fri/Sat looks fantastic.

Well shoot, I no longer live 8.5 hours away, only 3 hours but still won't be able to make it. I'm marking my calendar now for the Final Fall Fling!
The weather does look fantastic for you all after Thursday. Ride safe!

Get a pic from Greg Remond......riders rolled 300 miles yesterday in nice conditions on premiere Arkansas twisties.123_1.jpeg

Last edited:
Get a pic from Greg Remond......ridets rolled 300 miles yesterday in nice conditions on premiere Arkansas twisties.View attachment 29146
One of my favorite stops when in the area.
I wasn't able to make the rally but was able to get a ride in yesterday. The weather was fantastic. I think I met Cliff, the guy on the H2 and maybe a 2010 blue c14 on hwy 74 just west of Jasper around 1230.
Hope you are all enjoying another great day for riding the great roads of Arkansas.
Ride focused and be safe!

Looking forward to the photos and writeups. Sad I had to miss it. Not an excuse but I'm working on a master's degree in parallel to studying for a few new certifications so I can update my CV. I'm still young enough that these are meaningful endeavors.

Very happy to hear that y'all had weather that cooperated. It's been raining here in Houston since last night. Hoping to get out for a couple hours of wind therapy early tomorrow morning.

Get home safely amigos! AB

I didn't take any pictures out riding but here's a few of everyone here to eat. Even got one of Ted acting useful. 😄

Attachments

• 20210501_191211.jpg
    20210501_191211.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 20210501_191517.jpg
    20210501_191517.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210501_192202.jpg
    20210501_192202.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 176
Home safe and sound.
I want to thank everyone who joined us this weekend, and Cliff & Jimmie for the meal Saturday night, and Craig Green for the door prizes. The weather was perfect and visiting with old friends was great as usual. We are already planning the FFF3 in October so keep your eyes peeled for the details.

Got home safe and sound. Only about 100 miles in the wet but 25 miles of that was torrential downpour chaos. LOL. Thank you all for the fantastic time. See you at the next one.
Glad you made it home safe. (y) Hope to see you at the next one.
Believe it or not; We thought about you, and the others on bikes when we hit the downpour's in our nice dry trucks. :devilish:

NOTE:
After dropping Jim off in Daingerfield {While I drove on to Houston} Jim got on the computer/phone and worked out most of the arrangements for FFF3. {Doing my part, I called periodically and supervised.}
{Due to our combined effort} We now have preliminary date/hotel/camping arrangements in place for the first weekend in October.
Start planning now to be there!
{texas.devops902, Pr356, I'll be watchin'}

Ride safe, Ted

Glad you made it home safe. (y) Hope to see you at the next one.
Believe it or not; We thought about you, and the others on bikes when we hit the downpour's in our nice dry trucks. :devilish:

NOTE:
After dropping Jim off in Daingerfield {While I drove on to Houston} Jim got on the computer/phone and worked out most of the arrangements for FFF3. {Doing my part, I called periodically and supervised.}
{Due to our combined effort} We now have preliminary date/hotel/camping arrangements in place for the first weekend in October.
Start planning now to be there!
{texas.devops902, Pr356, I'll be watchin'}

Ride safe, Ted

Glad I could be of assistance, oh wait I did all the work !!

I love it when a plan come together... (y)
andddddd; No, you didn't do "all" the work.
I called you periodically and suggested things that needed to be done.
It was rough work. {thinking of things for you to do, dialing the phone, and talking you into doing it} 🥴

Ride safe, Ted

I love it when a plan come together... (y)
andddddd; No, you didn't do "all" the work.
I called you periodically and suggested things that needed to be done.
It was rough work. {thinking of things for you to do, dialing the phone, and talking you into doing it} 🥴

Ride safe, Ted
Ok let me rephrase my statement: Ted was a tremendous help and I couldn't have done it without him.

She didn't go with me.
Driving alone, I had to do something to stay awake, so I thought of things for Jim to do. (y)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: The turnbuckles worked great.
We need to talk more about your trailer.
I have an "I"deer to improve your turnbuckle design.
(ie; I had time to think of things for you to do, too)