• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 NE Spring Fling Rally [Windham, NY] (5/20-5/23)

BOOK ROOMS ASAP - The block of rooms and special pricing will only be held until March 31, 2021
Make reservations by calling the hotel directly, not through the website. The hotel is closed the month of April.
Visit the event web page for details and registration.

I booked a room with 2 Queens, I only use one of them. I'm looking for someone to use the other bed and share the cost!
Thank you for your reservation at the Hotel Vienna.

Date of Arrival: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Date of Departure: Sunday, May 23, 2021

Your Charges are: $330.00
Tax 8% $26.40
Deposit: $0.00
Total Due: $356.40

Room type : 2 Queens,

Last I heard there were 4-5 rooms still available - book a room before they are all gone.
If you are going to SPRING FLING, please register via the event page so we have an idea who is coming.
Sample Ride GPX files are available for download by members - the link is on the event page:

Hi All,

Just writing to let you know that as of today, there are two rooms left at the Hotel Vienna (Rally Central for the NE Spring Fling Rally)

Both rooms are two queen bed rooms, and are available at our negotiated rate of $110 per night.

Details and registration can be accessed here: https://concours.org/event-4118319?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=5/9/2021

There is still room for rally registrants, but once the Hotel Vienna rooms are booked, please see the event calendar for other lodging options.

Thanks. Hope to see you there.

Steve C.
COG# 6763

Hi All,

Just writing to let you know that as of today, there are two rooms left at the Hotel Vienna (Rally Central for the NE Spring Fling Rally)

Both rooms are two queen bed rooms, and are available at our negotiated rate of $110 per night.

Details and registration can be accessed here: https://concours.org/event-4118319?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=5/9/2021

There is still room for rally registrants, but once the Hotel Vienna rooms are booked, please see the event calendar for other lodging options.

Thanks. Hope to see you there.

Steve C.
COG# 6763
I have an extra bed in my room, I'm looking for someone to share the room.

Who wants to meet up for a ride to Spring Fling / Hotel Vienna?
This is my tentative plan:
  • Meet @ 9:45 AM at Waterbury, CT Park & Ride. https://goo.gl/maps/vVyyRvD1AQxnnRnz7
    • Arrive early to eat and/or fuel up
      • There is a deli across the street - I may there grabbing a breakfast sandwich
      • There is gas 1/2 mile west on same street
  • Depart: promptly @ 10:00 AM
  • Plan for approximately 130 mile back road ride to Hotel Vienna (~5 hour trip, including lunch stop)
  • 3:00 PM anticipated arrival at Hotel Vienna
Update: I created a Garmin Basecamp route I plan to take and can provide the GPX file.

1621007459540.png

Last edited:
EVENT UPDATE: 5/16/21
  • The Windham-Catskill GPX download file was updated today to include a ride loop to Brook BBQ in Oneonta NY - download available to members on the event page
  • Forget about the Big W lunch ride from Windham. I went there for lunch on 5/15 they had a sign in the window "closed until further notice" - today the website says they are close permanently
  • Hotel Vienna indoor pool will be open. The continental breakfast room should be open, but no seating. They hope to have extra outdoor picnic tables for socializing and eating.

The route files have been updated to correct a few things. So if you downloaded the GPX files before today, it might behoove you to download them again.
See you all there.

I'm hitting the road. In 2 minutes and will be there in the afternoon. Safe travels to all. C’ya at Spring Fling.

Arrived home after a great ride. That was a terrific location for a NE rally.
Nice hotel, great roads and good food options minutes away.
Thanks to the hosts and all who attended.

Tim and I just made it to Altoona Pennsylvania, my home, now he is headed back to Pittsburgh. 1290 miles for me since Thursday morning,. Had a great time guys. It was nice meeting many of you and we will definitely partake in these events again, and hopefully soon.
We were the last to check out of the hotel this morning and the owner remarked that COG was by far the best group he has ever had since owning the hotel beginning in 2003 !!
thanks
Dave Ward

What a terrific event and near perfect weather. The roads were in generally great shape; only one route had construction and a mile or so of gravel. Thanks to the all the attendees and especially the hosts, Steve & Sue, for organizing this event and being persistent after the 2020 pandemic cancellation. The club touts "Join for the Bike - Stay for the People" and this was truly evident looking at the diverse selection of motorcycles in the parking lot.

IMG_2704_HEIC (2).jpg

With the weather cooperating, we decided to have an impromptu outdoor pizza party that was co-sponsored by COG Industry Vendor HVMP Motorcycle Bar Ends and COG Northeast.

IMG_2716 - Copy.JPG

It was a great kick-off event for the 2021 COG Northeast Area riding season. While we were saddened that our Canadian members could not attend due to the pandemic border closure, we did have around 40 attendees from NY, NJ, CT, MA, MD, ME, VA.

IMG_2709 - Copy.JPG

Last edited: