• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2022 National

Is that confirmation, or an i-Wish? If it's really AR next year I may be able to make it work. If it's way up in the Nor'West I'll have to pass it up.

Were coming ur way cliff.... better start getting ready now...? The secrets out about those sweet Arkansas roads. !!!
Yep, 2016 was the Backyard Rally & this one is in my backyard! 😁 We do have some pretty nice roads with very little traffic.

Sweet…..

I’m shipping extra tires to Greenbrier, see ya next year Cliff.

Jami and I are bummed we missed y’all this year.
Send them on Tom, I'll hold them for ya & anybody else that needs to store extra's.

As will I. Already made reservations at the Best Western in Eureka Springs (yes, they're taking them now). For me, it's 177 miles to get there. Definitely doable without a lot of pain. Thanks for the heads-up, David! See you there!
I am the rally master. It is good to hear the reservation worked. Thank you for planning to attend.

As will I. Already made reservations at the Best Western in Eureka Springs (yes, they're taking them now). For me, it's 177 miles to get there. Definitely doable without a lot of pain. Thanks for the heads-up, David! See you there!
Yes, see you there Allen, but hopefully before then too. Enjoyed the fellowship ride (& eat) on Wed at the AL rally, well ... except the gravel trek.

The "Decks and Docks" restaurant was awesome!

Yes, see you there Allen, but hopefully before then too. Enjoyed the fellowship ride (& eat) on Wed at the AL rally, well ... except the gravel trek.

The "Decks and Docks" restaurant was awesome!
Yep, that gravel trek on the Little River Canyon Parkway was not fun. Would have been nice to have caught that before they started road construction, but the main thing was we survived it. Would also have been nice to catch some of those views, but I wanted OUT of there. Agree about Decks and Docks! Nice breeze, good service, and good chow.

I wouldnt be surprised if 2023 goes to the northwest. Gotta remember planning for these things is 2 years out, when they got canceled, 2021, and 2022 were already selected...

Mark my words (ted you listening) northwest wi have the 2023 rally....lol
Fingers crossed that you are correct but I'd be happy with anything west, Southwest..Northwest either will float my boat.

I rode through Arkansas on my way to and from Lake Guntersville. Going to Guntersville was though Jonesboro. OK but not hugely entertaining. The return trip (to NE Kansas via Springfield, MO) was pretty leisurely so I pushed further into Central/Western AR before heading north into MO. Wow, I can certainly attest to the awesome riding. It was like the first couple of days in Helen for this flatlander. I have never been to Eureka Springs myself but it is popular with my fellow Corvette owners. My wife and her three sisters spent a long weekend there three years ago and none of them wanted to leave.

I do hope that the NW section gets 2023, as I was really fired up about Vancouver, another area I've not had the privilege of riding...

I rode through Arkansas on my way to and from Lake Guntersville. Going to Guntersville was though Jonesboro. OK but not hugely entertaining. The return trip (to NE Kansas via Springfield, MO) was pretty leisurely so I pushed further into Central/Western AR before heading north into MO. Wow, I can certainly attest to the awesome riding. It was like the first couple of days in Helen for this flatlander. I have never been to Eureka Springs myself but it is popular with my fellow Corvette owners. My wife and her three sisters spent a long weekend there three years ago and none of them wanted to leave.
I too look forward to exploring Eureka Springs area, via bike. Downside is having to wait nearly a year for it to get here. Oh well, opps for other local/regional-area riding abound.

"We" just happen to be putting on a Clinton Arkansas Rally in October. {hint hint}
Would be a good time to practice riding in Arkansas. { as ya wait for the next National }
Same great roads as Eureka, and ya can talk to Cliff..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Clinton Arkansas Advertising supplied by Jim and Ted. :whistle:

"We" just happen to be putting on a Clinton Arkansas Rally in October. {hint hint}
Would be a good time to practice riding in Arkansas. { as ya wait for the next National }
Same great roads as Eureka, and ya can talk to Cliff..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Clinton Arkansas Advertising supplied by Jim and Ted. :whistle:
I passed through Clinton on my way home from Lake Guntersville. Needed fuel, hydration, and food. Had some of the biggest chicken tenders I've ever seen there. Might have to check out this rally...

I called last Monday to the campground to make reservations and they were supposed to get back with me. I called again today to follow up and as of today, they are not open for reservations. As soon as I know anything, I'll pass it on.

I called last Monday to the campground to make reservations and they were supposed to get back with me. I called again today to follow up and as of today, they are not open for reservations. As soon as I know anything, I'll pass it on.
I had talked to them earlier. Their system will not take reservations for 2022 until January 1. Sorry for the confusion.

Delaine and I are in for this one. Room reservations were made yesterday. Booked a King room with a balcony for $119.00 a night. Sweet deal!

Sweet…..

I’m shipping extra tires to Greenbrier, see ya next year Cliff.

Jami and I are bummed we missed y’all this year.
I guess we're going to be bummed again next year.
Jami and I are going to have to opt out, need the time off to move into new house.

I guess we're going to be bummed again next year.
Jami and I are going to have to opt out, need the time off to move into new house.
Arghhhhh!!!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Is this house the one you moved into last year? Or, are ya moving again?

Last edited:
"... inflation hit a 40 year high."

I may be tending to my garden just so I can eat and store food for next winter.

As much as I'd like to see Ted's face again, I'm still undecided, and leaning towards planting a larger garden instead of burning up tires and oil.
Even my local restaurants are redesigning their menus cause they can't get some key ingredients.

Tough choices.

Still working on final pricing. Just got the last quotes on meals. With the uncertainty in the world the hotel would not lock in food until just recently. Be sure to get your room blocked as those prices are guaranteed.

Still working on final pricing. Just got the last quotes on meals. With the uncertainty in the world the hotel would not lock in food until just recently. Be sure to get your room blocked as those prices are guaranteed.
Wait, hmm..uncertainty? .....in the world? Did I miss something???? 🤔🤣🤣🤣

JK, Thanks for all you are doing LSGiant!👍🙂

Already done----just waiting for spring!

Hey organizers, just a suggestion....
Would it be possible to put our COG forum names on the rally name tags?
( Strawboss mentioned this last year, seems like a good idea )
I'm still kinda new here, the only people I know by name are Strawboss, Connierider and a couple guys I met nationals

Thanks
Bob

Yeah, we did, or tried, there wasn’t much room and or they we’re legible/ it was hard to read em, at least for me.
Just a suggestion.

Having forum handles preprinted on the rally name tags has been done in the past. I'd have to dig through mine to see which rallies, but it seems to be hit-and-miss for some reason. Should be standard issue IMO. Handwriting is OK, but everyone has a different definition of "legible" unfortunately...

Having forum handles preprinted on the rally name tags has been done in the past. I'd have to dig through mine to see which rallies, but it seems to be hit-and-miss for some reason. Should be standard issue IMO.

The National Rally is run by the region hosting it. Other than asking for the Town Hall session, the Board is hands off on what goes on and how it is run. I know that in 2015, 2016 & 2017, the forum handles were on the name tags, I have not been to a National since 2017. Each year, there is a new team running the National, so things can be handled differently every year.

I do agree with you that they should be on he name tags.

The National Rally is run by the region hosting it. Other than asking for the Town Hall session, the Board is hands off on what goes on and how it is run. I know that in 2015, 2016 & 2017, the forum handles were on the name tags, I have not been to a National since 2017. Each year, there is a new team running the National, so things can be handled differently every year.

I do agree with you that they should be on he name tags.
The 2018 & 2019 had them as well....2020 didn't happen..... and 2021 did not have forum names on them unless they were written in.

That’s cause 2021 was run by a bunch of slackers and they just called everybody .”bubba” (it was Alabama after all…), LOL
Running a National is like trying to organize a 1000 details to all come together at once. It is very easy to over look some of the smaller details, when you are focused on the over all picture. We need to remember that those that are running the National are volunteers who also pay the same registration fees that everyone else does, so some slack needs to be given when things are not done as you expect them to be done or when there are bumps during the event.

Running a National is like trying to organize a 1000 details to all come together at once. It is very easy to over look some of the smaller details, when you are focused on the over all picture. We need to remember that those that are running the National are volunteers who also pay the same registration fees that everyone else does, so some slack needs to be given when things are not done as you expect them to be done or when there are bumps during the even

Very true. But it was fun. 😉 We came in on time and under budget on a really short time string for a week long party for 150. (And it WAS fun)

I'm sure if someone would like to step up and volunteer to be the "Name Tag Wrangler," it'd be okay.

That’s cause 2021 was run by a bunch of slackers and they just called everybody .”bubba” (it was Alabama after all…), LOL
Well I hope my reply wasn't taken poorly...I just went through my collection of saved name tags and reported what I had found. I enjoyed the 2021 National, I even was able to connect and sing the ol' high school fight song together with a fellow Laneite despite the anonymity of not having my forum handle on the tag. There was plenty of room to write it in if so desired.

Who knows, although quite civil so far, there has been some heat generated amongst the members about politics and vaccines and masks on the forum during 2020 & 2021....perhaps the lack of forum names on tags during the 2021 National enabled us to concentrate on what brings us together and enjoy the fellowship of a motorcycle event instead of what separates us on the forum?
Bubba knows what's goin' on in my opinion. (y)

I'm sure if someone would like to step up and volunteer to be the "Name Tag Wrangler," it'd be okay.

Hmmm.. Some "wrangling" may be what it takes. Forum names are not sent back to the member database, which is used to drive the name badge data. To get the forum names into the database now would be a manual process. To make it happen automatically, COG needs someone with PHP expertise and familiarity with Xenforo plug-in coding... or a new IT Officer who can write the code change specification and project manage the off-shore contractor used prior.

Who knows, although quite civil so far, there has been some heat generated amongst the members about politics and vaccines and masks on the forum during 2020 & 2021....perhaps the lack of forum names on tags during the 2021 National enabled us to concentrate on what brings us together and enjoy the fellowship of a motorcycle event instead of what separates us on the forum?

I hate to admit this, but surprisingly Marty (err) "Bubba" has a good point.
{Please don't tell anyone I sed that} 😵

Ride safe, Ted (err) "RED Bubba"

I have always wanted the forum names on our name tags. To alot of folks that's the only name they know. But here's an idea. Type your forum name on paper (in large letters), cut it out and place it in your plastic badge holder. That way whoever wants their forum name on there can have it and those that don't won't. Am I a genius or what.

Well I hope my reply wasn't taken poorly...I just went through my collection of saved name tags and reported what I had found. I enjoyed the 2021 National, I even was able to connect and sing the ol' high school fight song together with a fellow Laneite despite the anonymity of not having my forum handle on the tag. There was plenty of room to write it in if so desired.

Bubba knows what's goin' on in my opinion. (y)
No offense taken, really. Honesty, we almost didn’t have name tags at ALL. I just flat out forgot. I was more concerned about food, visitors, and getting stuff out and displayed. Then “Oh crud! No name tags!!!”

If it hadn’t been for Ed Palmer doing some web “magic” on Saturday night and a very helpful Staples employee on Sunday morning, you’d have seen me handing you a blank tag and a sharpie on Sunday with instructions to make your own and telling everyone to “get over it.”…. LOL

We’ve got good folks and it’s all good.

I’ll volunteer all of you (all y’all?) to help Kerkow in Arkansas. He’ll be expecting your pm. Just tell him you’ll be there on Saturday morning at 8:00 am , ready to help!🤣😂🤣.

Hold up your hand, now!🤳🤳🤳🤳🤳🤳

🍿🍿🍿

I'm a little confused (easily done) about the forum name on the rally tags. I've attended 8 Nationals since joining COG in 2011, all 8 of those name tags have the forum name on them. TX & AL. are the only 2 I haven't attended since joining.

Wow
Every effort will be made to put Forum names on the name badges it will be included on the registration.

Registration form will also include questions about willingness to volunteer.

Plan is to have the registration out very shortly.

To Clarify. The link is in the registration information page. We will work to have a button. I just have not had a chance to ask the IT to make the change.

Thank you for registering

As a COG NOOB, how many people show up for the National rally? Hundreds, thousands?

My guess is probably about 200 this year.
In answer to your question. In some previous years we have had more, but Covid/etc is still slowing things a bit.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Hopefully you guys don’t mind the wife and I crashing your party for a day or two..may not be able to stay longer than that, cause we have a bike trip planned to Oregon in September. We’ll be pitching a tent somewhere.

Since we didn’t register, we’re mainly just wanting to maybe ride with a few of you fellers. That’s IF you guys are gonna do any riding………hehe

Frank

As others have said, what an excellent rally. Delaine and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this rally great.

We stayed an extra day and I finally got to go downtown. Bought a couple more shirts and Delaine got two sets of earrings. Don't think we could have packed anything else on the bike for the ride home.

We did find a copy of the Eureka springs Fun Guide and had a very pleasant surprise. The Razorback Redux was mentioned on page 16 of the guide. I guess the community liked having us there. Can't wait to go back to Eureka Spring.

20220613_082906.jpg20220613_082924.jpg

As others have said, what an excellent rally. Delaine and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this rally great.

We stayed an extra day and I finally got to go downtown. Bought a couple more shirts and Delaine got two sets of earrings. Don't think we could have packed anything else on the bike for the ride home.

We did find a copy of the Eureka springs Fun Guide and had a very pleasant surprise. The Razorback Redux was mentioned on page 16 of the guide. I guess the community liked having us there. Can't wait to go back to Eureka Spring.

View attachment 32887View attachment 32888

Glad ya got down there
We bought a trolley pass, took it from the hotel to downtown, then rode the “ scenic “ route back to the hotel. We loved it

We did the trolley pass, too. It was nice to see parts of the city I've missed on previous visits. It's amazing the trolley drivers get through those streets without hitting cars. The pavement is in pretty bad shape, but I might try to ride through there on the next visit.

View attachment 32887View attachment 32888

We did the trolley pass, too. It was nice to see parts of the city I've missed on previous visits. It's amazing the trolley drivers get through those streets without hitting cars. The pavement is in pretty bad shape, but I might try to ride through there on the next visit.
Jim, if you and Delaine relay can't wait we plan on being there for a week just after The Spider affair, camping at the designated place.

Steve, thanks for the invite, but Delaine doesn't camp. The Super 8 we stayed at in Higginsville MO is what she considers primitive camping. Riding two up with camping gear is out of the question. Too much stuff.

As much as I love my wife, the Spider Ride is an event I like to do on my own. My riding style is more cautious with my bride on the back. Besides, there's a few of us that go to Arkansas the week before to enjoy the excellent roads. I also think she likes some time alone while I get to enjoy the company of fellow COGers.

After this rally, Delaine thinks we should invest in a trailer to haul the bike. I'm starting to think it would be a good idea, too.

Steve, thanks for the invite, but Delaine doesn't camp. The Super 8 we stayed at in Higginsville MO is what she considers primitive camping. Riding two up with camping gear is out of the question. Too much stuff.

As much as I love my wife, the Spider Ride is an event I like to do on my own. My riding style is more cautious with my bride on the back. Besides, there's a few of us that go to Arkansas the week before to enjoy the excellent roads. I also think she likes some time alone while I get to enjoy the company of fellow COGers.

After this rally, Delaine thinks we should invest in a trailer to haul the bike. I'm starting to think it would be a good idea, too.
Jim, If your looking for a trailler check this one out. Seems like a good deal. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/440622500799097/

We (traveled with Keith Williams) arrived back in California from the National Tuesday afternoon! We had a great time at this year's National. Fun curvy roads, fellow riders, and a well organized week! Put on a total of close to 4700 for 12 days and 11 nights I was on the road. We hope we have a really good turnout next year in Canyonville, Oregon for the 2023 National! We promise all of you a really fun time and plenty of adventures!