• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 Run With The Wolf - Registration is open! September 9th - 12th.

bugnut

Hey y’all!

RWTW is officially on the books for 2021.

Fancy Link to Reg Page!

The 2021, 27th edition of Run with the Wolf is open for registration. This year’s rally committee is made up of Mike Laven and Ron Simmons (with guidance and support from Jerry Holland).

All are welcome to this four day rally, so if you are considering a full membership in the Concours Owners Group (COG), please come and meet us, see how we do things in SECOG, and maybe you'll be convinced to become a member. We might grow on you, and you'll meet some great people who love to ride.

If you are unable to come for the full four days, come for as long as you can. But please don't miss the biggest rally in the southeast area. Hopefully this year will be beautiful weather and we can have a full house (and be on the downside of COVID, dog gone it!).

The Southeast members are known to enjoy a good bonfire, so we'll have a large common area for our nightly fire. As our members are also known to go late into the night around the fire, we've made arrangements to have a good supply of wood available. SECOG members are the most experienced campers in all of COG, so expect all of the usual things that we like.

Food
Included in the rally fee is a Saturday night banquet BBQ dinner catered by the TWoS staff. Remember to wear the wristband you will receive at check-in to the banquet dinner (no wristband = no dinner). Having a headcount is also crucial for the TWoS staff to plan for our meal (so please try to register early!).

Camping & Lodging

Camping

Two Wheels of Suches (TWoS), also known as TWO (Two Wheels Only), has been totally remodeled, featuring all new bath houses and rest rooms, and the main lodge has gone through a complete rebuild, with a new kitchen and loft sleeping quarters. Due to issues surrounding Covid and downturn of attendance this past year and need to support TWO, the camping rate is now $15 over night. Dang - that's reasonable!

Once again this year, TWoS will have 3 camp sites that will have electricity available for those who need it (e.g., if you have a CPAP or a need where electricity is important to your health).

You don't need to make reservations if you are tent camping.

Cabins
TWoS also has 8 cabins available for booking. These will go fast, so make your reservation as soon as possible.

To check on availability or make a reservation for one of the cabins or a lodge room, use TWoS' new online booking system at https://twowheelsofsuches.com/contact-us/ or call (706) 973-1671.

Lodge Rooms
TWoS also has a limited number of lodge rooms available on a first come first served basis. Make your reservations early for a lodge room or a cabin if you don't plan to tent camp. Mention COG when booking a cabin or lodge room.

RV Parking
There is limited RV parking but NO hookups at TWoS. If you need/want hookups, there are other camping resorts nearby. Please google those.

Special Announcement Regarding COVID-19
At the time of this posting (early 2021), there is hope that this pandemic will be brought under control in 2021. However, no one is certain what the world will look like in 2021, so we’re asking everyone to be prepared for possible changes.

To create a safe and enjoyable event for everyone, we are asking all participants to agree to the following:
  1. Each person will be responsible for monitoring their own health. If you feel sick, or if you've been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive, please stay home.
  2. Use hand sanitizer and practice hand washing during the event and before every meal.
  3. Bring a mask and be prepared to follow local guidelines regarding masks and social distancing.
  4. Event plans and procedures may be subject to change based on new requirements.
Registration/Fees
Registration fee is $30.00 for COG Members/Associate Members, and $40.00 for guests and non-members (including Forum-Only subscribers).

When you arrive, look for the COG check in point on the deck to the left of the lodge. At check-in, you will receive a wristband that will be needed for the banquet dinner on Saturday. Look forward to seeing you there!

Registration closes at 11:59 pm (EDT) on September 1, 2021.

Cancellation/Refund Policy
Cancellations will be accepted up through September 1, 2021. Refunds will be paid by check (minus a $10 administration fee) and sent via USPS after the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations made after 09/01/21.

Questions
Contact rally host Mike Laven at bugnut@aol.com or call (813) 727-2394. Leave a VM, I may not recognize the number!

Please check the COG Forums for additional announcements and conversations: Forums > Ride Time > Southeast Events, or follow this Link.

Always a good time. This is a beautiful area and if you haven't experienced it, you really need to come out. See you there.
Thanks Bugnut!

What are lake temperatures like in N. Ga. at that time of year? Is the lake at Vogel SP open for swimming when we'll be there?

I am farkeling Miss Traveller now with high hopes of making this my first COG rally!🏍️🏍️🏍️

I know Lake Windfred Scott is open for swimming, it is located on Hwy 180 about 5 miles from TWoS, water might be on the cool side by the first of September.

I know Lake Windfred Scott is open for swimming, it is located on Hwy 180 about 5 miles from TWoS, water might be on the cool side by the first of September.
Gotta watch out for them beaver-sharks, a little known North Ga freshwater hybrid coming from old dna experiments from the 60’s.

Only 3 weeks left to register & just 11 registered so far, what's going on? :unsure: This is one of or the biggest s/e events of the year.

I was just working on this one. Gonna be another great riding weekend. All the roads in the vicinity were repaved in the last couple of years. Smoooooth................. (or was)... Y'all need to sign up. We're need the usual crowd plus friends!!!

Even with C_ _ _ D, vax's and masks will keep you as safe as possible at this point. Significantly less 'passing of the bottle' and sharing might be in order around the campfire. But we can isolate on our bikes! Nice 6+ foot distance - yeah, that's the ticket!

Gotta watch out for them beaver-sharks, a little known North Ga freshwater hybrid coming from old dna experiments from the 60’s.
I know whatcha mean, Ron! I have a Lemon Landshark at my house but he isn't too crazy about water or motorcycles so he won't be coming. If you come to my house, though, you better watch your shoelaces! Watch for my reg. soon; just gotta confirm days off with work...

I know whatcha mean, Ron! I have a Lemon Landshark at my house but he isn't too crazy about water or motorcycles so he won't be coming. If you come to my house, though, you better watch your shoelaces! Watch for my reg. soon; just gotta confirm days off with work...
Love it! See you there.

In....what kinda bait do i need to bring for those beaver/sharks? Are they good to eat? I'll be at TWOS by Wed/Thur

Registered me and my better half. We are locals to the area and will be popping in an out but I hope to take Friday off. I am usually in charge of herding the cats at the FZ1 Rally when we are in the area. Who has what planned for Friday? any destinations in mind?

Toe jam seems to work. See you there!
I remember that band! The Toe Jam!!! They jammed!!!! Wild swimming planned; waterfalls that aren't on dirt roads; etc.; Anyone with similar ideas see me @ camp. Gotta check SC/Ga regs; some fishin' may also be on....

I'm going down to Suches

Gonna have myself a time

Friendly faces everywhere

Humble folks without temptation

I'm going down to Suches

Gonna leave my woes behind

Ample parking day or night

People spouting "Bigger Fire!"

Heading on up to Suches

Gonna see if I can't unwind

I love girls doing big fat wheelies

I love girls with flashy tatties

So come on down to Suches

And meet some friends of mine

I'm going down to Suches

Gonna have myself a time

Friendly faces everywhere

Humble folks without temptation

I'm going down to Suches

Gonna leave my woes behind

Ample parking day or night

People spouting "Bigger Fire!"

Heading on up to Suches

Gonna see if I can't unwind

I love girls doing big fat wheelies

I love girls with flashy tatties

So come on down to Suches

And meet some friends of mine
Sing to…?

Yeah, I gotta register. I never knew retirement was so busy. All the chores, naps, etc. it’s never ending.😱 I’m going to start getting threatening messages from Bugnut and the Cognosticstor.

Yeah, I gotta register. I never knew retirement was so busy. All the chores, naps, etc. it’s never ending.😱 I’m going to start getting threatening messages from Bugnut and the Cognosticstor.
Congrats on the big R. It can be challenging fitting everything in.

Please remember that if you want to partake of the Saturday group meal, you need to register in advance.

Food is being ordered ahead of time and the kitchen must have a hard count. That means that “walking up” as has been done in the past is “iffy.” It’s a long and dark way to town …. Just saying. 😣

Ron

Deadline to register is Sept 1, so jump in!! (It snuck up on me. Yeah, I finally got around to it.) :oops:

36 peeps reg'd right now.
In the neighborhood of 72 hours to deadline if at Midnight 1 Sept.
If at 31 Aug 11:59p, you got less time!

Echo Steve J - Zoom Zoom! I wish the big R would hurry in my direction!

Bugnut, I have a COG member who "forgot" to register and wants to do it at the rally. Skip usually plans for more than I tell him but wanted to give a heads up about headcount

Have the member contact one of us. TWoS is playing it really tight this year because of their supply issues. Thanks

One year at RTW there was a hurricane in Florida and a bunch of people said they had to leave early to go home because of the hurricane and they drove right into it. What are you gonna do hold the roof down with your hands? You don't have to be at your job on Monday obviously so why don't you just extend your vacation 😜

I just thought of an interesting ride destination for SATURDAY. The Dawsonvile Pool Room in downtown Dawsonvile, GA. Home of the Ga stock car racing “mafia” and longtime supporters of the Elliott racing family. The Bully Burger, fries, and shake are the go-to lunch. Lots of old racing stuff on the walls to look at.

It’s south of Dahlonega on Hey 9 in Dawsonvile (NOT Dalonega) as you come into downtown. Hey 9 was the old moonshine running road into Atlanta and is a nice sweeper ride.

I’m going to shoot for being there Friday about 11:30 if anyone’s interested. Probably leave about 10:30 from the TWOS parking area. (Not a fast rider, I like to enjoy the curves…)

Edit: (Saturday not Friday)…

Last edited:
I just thought of an interesting ride destination for SATURDAY. The Dawsonvile Pool Room in downtown Dawsonvile, GA. Home of the Ga stock car racing “mafia” and longtime supporters of the Elliott racing family. The Bully Burger, fries, and shake are the go-to lunch. Lots of old racing stuff on the walls to look at.

It’s south of Dahlonega on Hey 9 in Dawsonvile (NOT Dalonega) as you come into downtown. Hey 9 was the old moonshine running road into Atlanta and is a nice sweeper ride.

I’m going to shoot for being there Friday about 11:30 if anyone’s interested. Probably leave about 10:30 from the TWOS parking area. (Not a fast rider, I like to enjoy the curves…)

Ron I’ll ride lol.

I'll likely be there.

btw... did someone mention Awesome Bill from Dawsonville?

img_2000_729.jpg

Not to jinx this but the weather looks stunningly awesome. Arriving Wednesday, camping over with the other RVs.

Just to put this out there since it's "close"... There's a WERA event at Road Atlanta this weekend.

That sound like a cool ride sir. I'm in for that. My NASCAR nut of a brother in law will be jealous!

Lots of fun at the Dawsonvile Poolroom today with a dozen friends, followed by s visit to the Ga Racing Museum and the Moonshine museum.90841D5B-CC86-468E-8E56-BE0A057E88BC.jpeg

I'd mentioned this to somebody at lunch yesterday. Below is a link to a Youtube video with Brian Johnson of AC/DC. The Dawsonville Pool Room is at about the 6:30 mark.

Must be Fast Eddie.
No one gets any stranger.. (err, except for Victor)

Looks like a good time is being had by all.
Wish I were there with you.

Ride safe, Ted

Vic actually behaved himself. (I think)🤣
There were some interesting moments…

Well, friends help you move, REAL friends help you move bodies. Just sayin. Had a great time, saw old friends and made new ones. As per my travelling luck south, I got a flat tire Saturday morning and with the help of 2 guys, Joe and Allen? plugged it up at the lodge parking lot and rode the day away and home the next 2 days 660 miles.

Well, friends help you move, REAL friends help you move bodies. Just sayin. Had a great time, saw old friends and made new ones. As per my travelling luck south, I got a flat tire Saturday morning and with the help of 2 guys, Joe and Allen? plugged it up at the lodge parking lot and rode the day away and home the next 2 days 660 miles.
You should’ve told us. You might’ve gotten the hard-luck award!