• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lodging in Helen Georgia?

gsjay

Can any of you southeast guys make a recommendation on lodging in Helen, GA?
We're budget minded, would like an outdoor pool and be able to walk into town.
tks,
Jason

Jason,

all the hotels in Helen city limits are walkable as the town is only about a mile long or so. Hotels rates depend on the time of year and day of the week, for the most part Helen is a weekend destination. The hotel Konehead referenced is now a Baymont. When will you be visiting? Some of us have a more flexible schedule and could meet up with you. Le us know.

Ur gain is southern Georgia's loss. The northern part of the south east cog area is getting a great person in the cognosticator (jerry holland). I have no doubt he'll be up there organizing rte's on the weekend's. He's also got tire changing tools AND a balancer!! (Thats the real reason we rode around with him but dont let him know)

Ur gain is southern Georgia's loss. The northern part of the south east cog area is getting a great person in the cognosticator (jerry holland). I have no doubt he'll be up there organizing rte's on the weekend's. He's also got tire changing tools AND a balancer!! (Thats the real reason we rode around with him but dont let him know)

Now I know the rest of the story LOL I am going to miss my Savannah riding buddies.

We're about 1.5 hours from Helen and tend to be there a few times in the summer. Have to tube the 'hooch.