• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

hjb3034504

Hello everyone! I've owned my '13 C14 for three years. Just hit 30K miles and completed my first valve check - the forum advice and information was invaluable so I felt compelled to join and say hello and thank you! I don't think I could have completed the job (at least, not with my marriage intact) without the useful advice, links, spreadsheets and whatnot. I also used the downtime to get my ECU flashed with Steve's MR tune and I'm loving it. I use my bike mainly for commuting and even on the highway the improvement in manners is obvious. Anyone who is currently sitting on the fence about getting a flash should just do it.

That's all. See you out there!

IMG_20190515_071910.jpg

Hello everyone! I've owned my '13 C14 for three years. Just hit 30K miles and completed my first valve check - the forum advice and information was invaluable so I felt compelled to join and say hello and thank you! I don't think I could have completed the job (at least, not with my marriage intact) without the useful advice, links, spreadsheets and whatnot. I also used the downtime to get my ECU flashed with Steve's MR tune and I'm loving it. I use my bike mainly for commuting and even on the highway the improvement in manners is obvious. Anyone who is currently sitting on the fence about getting a flash should just do it.

That's all. See you out there!

View attachment 32184
Congratulations on the successful valve check and welcome!

Congratulations on the successful valve check and welcome!
Welcome to the group, glad you became a full supporting member - join some rides, share your experiences, have some fun!

On your first valve job - did you post your results anywhere? Lots of curiosity from many in the group how much movement there is for said mileage, etc.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome, love the modified wheelie bar set up, that valve adjust musta really freed up some torgue...

U gotta show us more pictures of the transport set up, and wheres tje front wheel store...

Too cool!

On your first valve job - did you post your results anywhere? Lots of curiosity from many in the group how much movement there is for said mileage, etc.
I'll post my results once I've got them organized... The as-left values are still scribbled on an oily rag somewhere in the garage but I'll put them in a spreadsheet and post 'em. Unfortunately I don't have information from the first valve check at 15K miles - the previous owner said the dealership did it and said that no adjustments were necessary (although I found that ~60% were out of spec by 30K). There was evidence that somebody had been in there before so I believe they were checked, I'm just skeptical that all of them would have been in spec.

U gotta show us more pictures of the transport set up, and wheres tje front wheel store...

The rack is by 2x2 cycles and has been excellent. The front wheel is clamped on a bar on the other side of the bike, or if I'm running without the top box I can leave it attached to the mountain bike. Going mountain biking is one of the few times I don't have to cart kids anywhere so it's great to be able to combine it with a motorcycle ride!

IMG_20190515_071919.jpg

Greetings, where you at?

Central New Hampshire

Welcome to the group, glad you became a full supporting member - join some rides, share your experiences, have some fun!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Not trying to hijack the thread, but here's the spreadsheet of my valve adjustment performed by Fred last week on my 08 with 19750 on the clock.

Dale

Attachments

• Emailing DaleHolzerland_2008_C14 Shim Map(1)pdf_220414_195352_1.jpg
    Emailing DaleHolzerland_2008_C14 Shim Map(1)pdf_220414_195352_1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 98