• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours Carving the Cumberlands or, Spring Rally 2022

Most definitely do ma'am, with Mr. Norcross based on a previous communication with him.

However, you can certainly have choice of the 13 spare cabins! Especially if Al's other bunkies are unpleasant.

Mike

Food Menu:

Breakfast (Same stuff every morning but different cooks):
Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns, Pancakes, Toast, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Bananas & Coffee.

Dinner Thursday:
Lasagna, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Texas Toast, Salad & dessert (TBD).

Dinner Friday:
Baked Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad & Peach Cobbler.

Dinner Saturday:
Pork Loin, Waffle Fries, Corn, Salad & dessert (TBD).

All the left overs will be put in the walk-in refrigerator. Everyone can have any left overs for lunch, if not out riding, or for dinner the next day should they not like what is on the dinner menu.

For Sunday early departures, let us know if you are leaving before the scheduled breakfast as we can have someone prepare some breakfast for you.

See you in a few days!

Most definitely do ma'am, with Mr. Norcross based on a previous communication with him.

However, you can certainly have choice of the 13 spare cabins! Especially if Al's other bunkies are unpleasant.

Mike
Well, I resemble that remark…. 😇

The menu looks great! Ummmm…. looking at
the Job list, I didn’t see Concierge OR Room Service attendant. 🥺

Mike

Mike,
If possible…..
I’d like to reserve one of the “spare 13 cabins “ for me and my guest.

I go to bathroom 6 times and toss and turn all night
My guest has sleep apnea and snores like a grizzly bear.
Anyone sharing a cabin with us will be sleep deprived.

Cheers
Bob

😂 Got it. Mo, Tom and Terry might appreciate the few less disturbances.

Swapped you and your guest to the next cabin over, #20:

1651001864317.png

OK, t-shirts, get your t-shirts, last 18hrs before I head out and I can make just a few more as needed.

Only $20, nice logo on the front, and snazzy design on the back. Get'em while they last! XLs and XXLs left. Well, that's all we had so, that's it.

1651002556427.png

1651002002433.png
Mike

All packed up for the long haul. See ya tamarra!

67270744162__97F839F5-DABE-4938-85AB-C5F1A3855C78-M.jpg

In my formative professional years I happened to spend time in Southeast Tennessee. Biggest effort was putting together a water utility district around Watts Bar Lake. Would love to revisit the area and oh, by golly, there are two breweries between Fall Creek Falls and Dayton, Tennessee. Will wonders never cease...:cool:

Really happy to see that we're not the only ones with Trailer plans. 🥴

Looks like our departure will be a day later than planned.
But, we're coming!

ONO, here's a little word of advise.
It's not nice to talk about your wife that way. (as you may get yer butt kicked)

( My guest Snores like a grizzly bear ).

Ride safe, Ted

Man, was they fun or what? I am stuffed with great food, slept like a rock (except for a persistent whippoorwill who woke me up this morning). Saw lots of fun people and nice roads. I’m home and ready to go again.

Bugnut and Kurt led a wonderful weekend. Thank you guys!!

We had visitors from Texas, Arkansas, and Ohio that I know of. Maybe more? SE members came from every state except Mississippi. Cool!

The kitchen crew was magnificent!!!!!

What a great group of people past and new attendees. What a fun gathering and rides. And Kurt, wife and puppy, lol. I’m amazed at your riding on the GoldWing. It was just a great fun get together. Thanks all. Hope to see you all soon at the National.

What a great group of people past and new attendees. What a fun gathering and rides. And Kurt, wife and puppy, lol. I’m amazed at your riding on the GoldWing. It was just a great fun get together. Thanks all. Hope to see you all soon at the National.
Oh! And as mentioned before, the FOOD !! How great was that!

Another great S/E event but then again, I expected nothing less. Always good to see old friends & meet some new people. Having attended this event both times it was held, I think it should be held more often than every 4 years. What say the S/E bosses?

Job well done & a big thanks to everyone that had a hand in it! 😊

I had a great time.
Friday We Rode up north and did the “Cork Screw” ride with Kurt/Kay/Kona, Rocky, Cliff/Jimmy, and Ken. Wow that’s a lot of curves. Stopped in Livingston for lunch.
Saturday we rode south and did the Signal Mountain ride with Tim, Ralph, Glen, Eric and Clovis.
The rally food was excellent, thanks to Joanne for alway being in the kitchen taking care of business…..no matter who was cooking
And the fire pit couldn’t be beat thanks to “More Wood!” Doug.

The Park, the falls especially, is really beautiful.
The highest falls west of the Rockies
For perspective, If you zoom in you can see 2 people in the bottom of the picture, they’re REALLY tiny. Thanks to Clovis for the picture
ONOBob

Attachments

• E01324AE-26ED-4622-8D20-79F8CDEDFE85.jpeg
    E01324AE-26ED-4622-8D20-79F8CDEDFE85.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 109
Another great S/E event but then again, I expected nothing less. Always good to see old friends & meet some new people. Having attended this event both times it was held, I think it should be held more often than every 4 years. What say the S/E bosses?

Job well done & a big thanks to everyone that had a hand in it! 😊
Anything is possible. Just need a rally meister. We've got the model down now. It was actually scheduled on a three year rotation, Covid just stuck it's nose in the way in 2020 pushing it back from 2021 after the first one in 2018. . (Now if we could just annex Arkansas......hmmm... ;-)
Great to see you and Jimmie in the group. Y'all worked HARD!!! Thank you.

Good times! Thanks to all that pitched in to cook & clean. The riding in that area is very under rated. Did the Devil’s Triangle on Thursday with Bill G, Mike L & Marty. Corkscrew on Friday. And did a small loop on Saturday. Found a sweet road, 23 miles of curves, Hwy 84, between Sparta & Monterey.

Big thanks to those that pitched in and took extra cooking shifts as we had some no shows and early departures that messed with the schedule. Also shout out to Bugnut for taking on the rally meister duties.

Got home at about 11:00 last night.
S/E, ya'll did good. Great food/arrangements/camping/eating/Roads, etc etc etc..
Everybody chipped in and did their part (even Al).
I REALLY enjoyed myself. I wuz impressed.

30 was amazing and close.
Cherohala was more amazing, but not close. (Sorry we worried you when we returned late. 🥴 )

Special thoughts for some of ya'll;
Hi Al. (finger wave)
Hi Bugnutz. (Ptttttttt)
Bill/Mohsen/Jim/others. (Was great seeing you again).
Wifes of Bill/Mohsen/Jim/others. (Was REALLY great seeing you again).
Cliff; (RED / slow??)
Jimmie; (Not sure how your able to put up with Cliff).
First Timers; "Now you understand why we say "Join for the bike. Stay for the people".
Hi Bob. You "still" owe me beer. (Shiner Bock)
Hi Ron. You ALSO "still" owe me beer. (Shiner Bock)
Kurt; I may owe you beer money. (??)

While I'm mentioning folks; Eddie Mintor was there {after the recent loss of his bride} and needed some COG love.
He got it (in abundance) from all of you.
"COG" Saaaaaa-lute!

In closing;
To the Marines/Airforce/& the normal human beings that I may have insulted. (I meant every word of it).

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I rolled in about 7:15pm last night. What a great time at this Rally!!
Got to do some great riding, (saw some beautiful views right inside park,
Could've spent all 4 days just exploring Falls Creek Falls Park).
Had a blast going to the Range for some target practice... great idea Al!

The People were all truly amazing folks to enjoy a twisty road, a roaring fire and countless stories/laughs.

Thanks to everyone that coordinated this rally, and the volunteers that made everything run so smoothly,
cooked delicious meals, and risked dish pan hands.

Thanks to all my COG 'family' for making this event soooo memorable.

IMG_1688-L.jpg

Good times. We b still down in Nash-ville. Looking fwd to a Nat'l w youse lunatics 🤪

Attachments

• PXL_20220430_192807372.jpg
    PXL_20220430_192807372.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 119
  • PXL_20220430_161101399.jpg
    PXL_20220430_161101399.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 117
  • PXL_20220501_125526183.jpg
    PXL_20220501_125526183.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 124
Let's see if this works...

Total blast of an event! Loved every minute of it, even the sleepless ones listening to the mice, critters and night owls.

Thanks all again to the Voluntolds for the amazing cooking, cleaning, helping, jumping in last minute-ing and on and on.

Al, thanks for being a guiding presence. Kurt, awesome job being on TOP of the food and guidance throughout the weekend. Could not have been a better mentor.

And although they won't see it here, Jim, Cindy and of course Eddie. I'm so grateful he came and we could support him.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

Just in case anyone lost some - -

If you can identify by make and color some over the ear headphones left in one of, I think, the B cabins, I have them.

Mike

Great venue for a rally, and the team of Mike and Kurt did an excellent job for all organizational aspects.
To all my helpers in the kitchen for my 3 cooking stints, thanks for everything. The Tim and Jack duo got it done.
Seeing all my friends again is always the best part of these rallies, especially now that I can only do a few a year. High times around a fire really define how the SE rolls, and there's just not another COG area that can compare to us.
Leaving for Cape Cod in 5 days, I hope everyone has a great summer. See you in October at Barber
*gesture *

Great venue for a rally, and the team of Mike and Kurt did an excellent job for all organizational aspects.
To all my helpers in the kitchen for my 3 cooking stints, thanks for everything. The Tim and Jack duo got it done.
Seeing all my friends again is always the best part of these rallies, especially now that I can only do a few a year. High times around a fire really define how the SE rolls, and there's just not another COG area that can compare to us.
Leaving for Cape Cod in 5 days, I hope everyone has a great summer. See you in October at Barber
*gesture *
Thanks for jumping in there on the other stuff too. Travel safely.

I had a great time.
Friday We Rode up north and did the “Cork Screw” ride with Kurt/Kay/Kona, Rocky, Cliff/Jimmy, and Ken. Wow that’s a lot of curves. Stopped in Livingston for lunch.
Saturday we rode south and did the Signal Mountain ride with Tim, Ralph, Glen, Eric and Clovis.
The rally food was excellent, thanks to Joanne for alway being in the kitchen taking care of business…..no matter who was cooking
And the fire pit couldn’t be beat thanks to “More Wood!” Doug.

The Park, the falls especially, is really beautiful.
The highest falls west of the Rockies
For perspective, If you zoom in you can see 2 people in the bottom of the picture, they’re REALLY tiny. Thanks to Clovis for the picture
ONOBob
Thanks Bob

As a COG NOOB looking for future events to attend, I have to say that the photos show my kind of people: Old pharts, sitting around a campfire, drinking beer and telling lies. :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait.

Now wait a minute, if he is 77 and I will be 76 in September, what does that make me??????:LOL::unsure:loo

It looked like a lot of fun and I was just kidding. Nothing better after a good day of riding than to sit around a fire and tell stories (not necessarily lies, but some might be) of the days adventure.

Thank all you guys and gals for a great trip. I am so happy that I attended. There is not much better than making new friends that love to ride. The area was beautiful. I will have to come back again and see the rest of it. Thanks to Erik for sharing a cabin with me and the mice. Thanks to all you folks that took such good care of us all. Thanks to Glenn, Tim and Jack for taking us along with them on both days. They are all great road captains. It would not have been the same without Bob joining us on the second day. I truly enjoyed meeting everyone. I hope to see you all again soon.

Clovis Nix

Now wait a minute, if he is 77 and I will be 76 in September, what does that make me??????:LOL::unsure:loo

It looked like a lot of fun and I was just kidding. Nothing better after a good day of riding than to sit around a fire and tell stories (not necessarily lies, but some might be) of the days adventure.
Kidding is not only ok on this forum. It's expected!
Alles ist gut!

If Al is 77 and your 76, that makes you second.
If Al is 77, your 76, and I'm only 70, that makes me a youngster.

Are you gonna come ride with us at the National?
(It's ok, Al won't be there)...

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Al is a lot more than just an Old Phart. But we'll keep the discussion civil.