• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MURPHS KNEE SAVERS

Got my knee savers today from Murphs. Question please. When you pull the pin out of the existing pegs on the bike it has the detent spring that holds pressure on the pegs. Is the spring not needed with the Murphs pegs. I think I'am having a Gomer Pyle moment any help Gomer would be grateful.

Dean

I'm only 5'10", with a 29 inch inseam, and figured for the longest time I didn't need the peg lowers.

Then I installed a set.

Wow, what a difference.

As much as they've helped me, there should be no debate. If you own a C10, get them. Period.

I'm only 5'10", with a 29 inch inseam, and figured for the longest time I didn't need the peg lowers.

Then I installed a set.

Wow, what a difference.

As much as they've helped me, there should be no debate. If you own a C10, get them. Period.
Same dimensions. Installed the kit but two things came of it:

One is I think the higher pegs kept my torso better supported by my legs and pushed backwards a bit. Seem to be riding further forward on the RDL seat - to the point of discomfort.

Two is the pegs touch down a lot sooner now.

I'm reserving judgement until I get the Heli-bars in place since that will be a dramatic change in position. If I were sticking with the stock bars, I'd go back with the stock peg location.

No knock on the product, just a personal fit thing.

Same dimensions. Installed the kit but two things came of it:

One is I think the higher pegs kept my torso better supported by my legs and pushed backwards a bit. Seem to be riding further forward on the RDL seat - to the point of discomfort.

Two is the pegs touch down a lot sooner now.

I'm reserving judgement until I get the Heli-bars in place since that will be a dramatic change in position. If I were sticking with the stock bars, I'd go back with the stock peg location.

No knock on the product, just a personal fit thing.

Very fair. Of course, I'm over-generalizing. It really is a personal fit, comfort, riding style, etc. thing. If you're a sportier rider (nobody has ever accused me of that), then you will indeed scrape quite a bit more.

I also sorted out my bars first and got that part where I could do pretty easy consecutive 500+ mile days for touring. After that, I started noticing my legs a lot more.

I do think it's worth it for everyone to try them out and see if they are for you. At the very least, take a test ride on a fellow COGger's C10 before you drop the coin yourself.

I had a set of highway pegs on my c10 that really helped my knees and making l.d. travel comfortable. But for the life of me i cant remember who made them...

Anybody remember whose these were? Yes they were very strong.. i was replacing my fork seals ...

Attachments

• 20150920_173311.jpg
    20150920_173311.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 140
  • ResizedImage_14444182587881.jpg
    ResizedImage_14444182587881.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 134
Doing some research, and i think they may have been kb foot forward highway pegs. KB being kenny baker if i remeber correctly. He also made a fantastic fork.brace for the c10.

....and murph still carries the KB foot forward highway pegs according to todays visit to murphskits.. $150+...

We've carried KB pegs for over 18 years, was just reading the description... need to edit, no cutting of fairing plastic required that should say, little trimming of the inner ones is ( most people just leave them out)

Just noticed that's the old style peg as well. ..Looks like I need to flog the staff. 😁

Last edited:
We've carried KB pegs for over 18 years, was just reading the description... need to edit, no cutting of fairing plastic required that should say, little trimming of the inner ones is ( most people just leave them out)

Just noticed that's the old style peg as well. ..Looks like I need to flog the staff. 😁
Yeah now that i think back on it just the inner dust panel gets trimmed, cuz the dog bone like extension pops right out of the lower slot..

I had a set of highway pegs on my c10 that really helped my knees and making l.d. travel comfortable. But for the life of me i cant remember who made them...

Anybody remember whose these were? Yes they were very strong.. i was replacing my fork seals ...
Might be Hildebran ?

Love that orange C10! My favorite color... :love:
It was a 98 dark green. I didnt luke the darkness of it from a conspicuousity perspective, so i went with my favorite color. Glad u like it sold it in 2015 when i pi ked up a 2010 blue c14... and yes she got painted corvette atomic orange..

Attachments

• IMG-20160722-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20160722-WA0001.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 87
So
It was a 98 dark green. I didnt luke the darkness of it from a conspicuousity perspective, so i went with my favorite color. Glad u like it sold it in 2015 when i pi ked up a 2010 blue c14... and yes she got painted corvette atomic orange..
So did you make the cover above the headlight or did it come like that?
A very sharp look I may duplicate 🤣

So

So did you make the cover above the headlight or did it come like that?
A very sharp look I may duplicate 🤣
Im assuming ur refering to the c10. Thats the base portion of the rifle windscreen system. I sanded it smooth and went with a honda gold so that it would compliment the orange...

Otherwise leaving that base black it looked like robbie the robot from the ORIGINAL lost in space...lol. 'warning Wll Robinson'..

Im assuming ur refering to the c10. Thats the base portion of the rifle windscreen system. I sanded it smooth and went with a honda gold so that it would compliment the orange...

Otherwise leaving that base black it looked like robbie the robot from the ORIGINAL lost in space...lol.

Oh that, lol, i.made that. I had mounted a programmable led light in that recess. If memory is correct that was the location of the horns? I went loud with an air horn, and had a void that needed filling. So the front of the bike had the KITT nightrider treatment...lmao

So I'm 6'6". Will these really make an appreciable difference? The Concours causes me some stiffness after about an hour.
The buttcup on my ‘03 seat caused knee stiffness for me by locking me in one position. I always felt like I needed to move rearward a couple inches to make my old, arthritic knees comfortable and because I have long arms. Replaced the ‘03 seat with an ‘86 seat(almost no buttcup). On long rides, the ability to move your behind around, and not have bad pressure points, is a plus. Also allows you to slide rearward and tuck if you need to. All seats feel hard after a few 700 mile days in a row, and a good shorn sheepskin seatcover is great, year round.