• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

$ 10.500.00 for new 09 W/abs...

Hello folks,,, have been lurking on here for awhile,, trying to figure out if this bike is in my future,,,, I ride a 07 Vstrom 1000 now,,, have ridden since 1980, off and on, mostly on.  I really didn't want abs, but dealer says he is giving me " non abs" price,,  Here is what i like about the DL..  its tall!!! and i can stretch out on it, (35" inseam)  have it nicely farkled out for commuting, and general all around riding,, cheap to ride, insure, takes reg. gas....  things i don't like,,, CHAIN DRIVE,, messy, noisy.  areodynamics of bike,,, prolly the worst of any bike ever made!!!!  the connie,, Shaft!!! smooth and silent!! power,  power windshield, and the all around smoothness of the bike,, as i have been reading,,, connie dislikes,,,,  91 or higher octane,, do we really have to use it??  higher footpegs than i will be used to, looks like NO way to add Any type of highway peg to stretch out :'( exspensive dealer service, i e  for valve adjustments,  plus, i know i would need a better windshield, (taller) also i would need the handle bars ALOT higher,,  and i think i'd be getting about 60 miles less per tank, than the Vstrom,, ( i get almost 50 mpg commuting)  I know i'd like the power,,, but both bikes can you a felony speeding ticket....  what do you all think about that price..... btw, i have not showed my vstrom yet to poss. trade....  plus i really like the way info travels here,,, not the snipity stuff on stromtroopers.com    regards....

Well that is an ok price I found several in utah at that rate, I think there are options for highway pegs I ride mine very conserving an get 50 miles per gallon

I bought an '09 non ABS last Feb. I gave $9200. Then ad $500 more to title it in my home state. I think the dealer had a couple more on eBay. The ABS ones were selling for $10200 i think. I'm only seeing 10s and 11s on there now. There is an 08 that is $9998. So i would think that your price is competitive at the very least. I'm getting 42 mpg out of mine. And I just ordered a Calsci large shield today.
I'm about your size also. The bars are a good fit for me. And I don't have any leg issues. But I commute about 35 miles each way. And only do 150 -200 mile weekend rides from time to time.
Just a second opinion. Good Luck in choosing.
        John

I just bought 2 non-abs '09's a couple of weeks ago. $ 9700.  I don't know the MSRP difference between the two.

I also came off of a wee-strom... with a cruiser in between.  My favorite by far is the C14.

Tom

The sale price for my '09 Connie-14 with ABS at 12500 miles was $10,500 on fathers day (otherwise listed for $11,000 online) from Champions Cycle of Lake County (FL). I got it for $9,700 all said and done.

That's a good price but in a year it will be worth about 6k. I have'nt seen an 08 or 09 bring over 6500.00  on ebay and low miles,but they are great bikes so just ride your money's worth out  of them.

I haven't lurked in awhile, but then I read Megavstromers post and it has me thinking. I have a 09 c14 abs, and I'm getting a case of the crazies and thinking about selling the c14 or trading and going back to a V strom. I had a dl650 before the c14, but have also been considering the 1000. Oh well, I'll go for a ride, maybe that will stop the voices in my head. Probably not. >:D