• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

15K Maintenance and upgrades... Suggestions welcome.

Regarding the 18" delkelvic cans, i thought there was a thread on the forum, where one member had damage to his pannier from the exhaust not exiting beyond the case. Thought he was using 18 inch can...

Regarding the 18" delkelvic cans, i thought there was a thread on the forum, where one member had damage to his pannier from the exhaust not exiting beyond the case. Thought he was using 18 inch can...
That was my concern with the shorter cans, so I went for the bigger, but is is still a bit short (see below). Also the exhaust point down. Maybe that will help.

I'll look for the thread, but if anyone know of this thread or problem please let me know.

Thanks for the help,
DS

UPDATE:

Found it!!!

https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/damaged-bag-from-delkevic.48989/

It looks like it has to do with the install angle, the pipe being shorter and not pointing downward.

I'll check the temp on my current setup after my rides and use that as a base line for the install.

I'll also be careful on the install positioning.

If anyone has any updates on this, please let me know.

Thanks again,
DS

Delkivic4-1_18.pngConcours stock.png

Last edited:
That looks like the same delkevic that I have on my '08, I just made sure it is pointed down and have plenty of clearance. I have had no issues.

Attachments

• 20220823_194051.jpg
    20220823_194051.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 86
That was my concern with the shorter cans, so I went for the bigger, but is is still a bit short (see below). Also the exhaust point down. Maybe that will help.

I'll look for the thread, but if anyone know of this thread or problem please let me know.

Thanks for the help.
DS

View attachment 33937View attachment 33938
Found the thread. Right side saddlebag melting.

If u scroll down to.roberts reply on may 13 2020 he lists 2 other posts regarding Delkevic exhaust hest issues..

Found the thread. Right side saddlebag melting.

If u scroll down to.roberts reply on may 13 2020 he lists 2 other posts regarding Delkevic exhaust hest issues..
Thanks,

I also found it and was about to post the info.

As you stated, it looks like it has to do with the install angle, the pipe being shorter and not pointing downward.

I also noticed you have the shorter pipe and I like the look. The shorter pipe may be and option. (y)(y):cool:

I'll check the temp on my current setup after my rides and use that as a base line for the install. I'll also be careful on the install positioning.

Thanks again all,
DS

I wouldn't use the Allballs fork seals. All balls is all cheap Chinese copies. The only exception for me is the tapered roller bearings for the steering head, simply because there's no other choice. And they are more than adequate for that application. However, I wouldn't put them on a heavy duty trailers axle.

I wouldn't use the Allballs fork seals. All balls is all cheap Chinese copies. The only exception for me is the tapered roller bearings for the steering head, simply because there's no other choice. And they are more than adequate for that application. However, I wouldn't put them on a heavy duty trailers axle.
Thanks for the info and got the package. ;)

Are you suggesting stock or another brand for the seals?

Thanks again
DS

Thanks for the help,
DS

UPDATE:

Found it!!!

It looks like it has to do with the install angle, the pipe being shorter and not pointing downward.

I'll check the temp on my current setup after my rides and use that as a base line for the install.

I'll also be careful on the install positioning.

Thanks again,
DS

View attachment 33937View attachment 33938
The issue on the damaged bags "was not" radiant heat from the slip-on.
The issue on the damaged bags "was" exhaust flow/heat from as it exits from the slip-on.
Look at the exit of the Slip-on that caused the damage.
The extremely hot exhaust gasses are moving straight out of the end of the pipe and expanding.
That hot gas was directed at the rear hinge and bottom of the bag. (and caused the damage)
If you buy a slip-on with turn down exit port, will not be a problem.
1662860415049.png
1662860660919.png

Last edited:
Thanks Connie_rider for the advise.
I think I'm going for the 14"... or the 18" Stainless Oval with the downward exhaust.

Will know when I order. 🤪

Stainless14.png

Last edited:
Bud and Kzz1King, Stock seals it is.

By chance does anyone know of a Fork Kit for the 2010 ABS or the stock parts I should order? I have not rebuilt forks before.

No leaks, but original oil and I'm planning on track days this year.

PartZilla Fork parts

Thanks again

The 92049 are the OEM oil seals. The 92093 are the OEM dust seals; however, I had to reuse mine since none where available anywhere when I did my work in July. I tried aftermarket and they did not fit well and kept coming loose. You will love the Galfer stainless lines. The clutch line can be a bit of a bear to get out from the frame… but with patience it will go. I used rubber grommets from the hardware store with one slit through them to make up the diameter difference for all the holding clips. It has worked perfectly all summer. I have the 18” oval Delkevic and experience no issues at all. It sounds awesome. Don’t forget a K&N air filter on your list. It is pricey… but well worth the cost.

@dsamudio Fun list of mods you have, suggest adding the Healtech Quickshifter - you will not regret it.

One of the best modifications I’ve added, delivers glass-smooth shifting across entire RPM range. Exceptionally fun at higher RPM when getting on it and honestly I feel a good safety improvement. Let me explain safety, there is no thinking, thought, rev matching, working to be smooth on the clutch just a pull up on the shift lever with your foot as usual, keep your hands on the bars and mind on the road. Then, next big benefit (my wife says best thing ever) is when riding 2-up the chance for clanking a helmet or negative biomechanics (whiplash or neck jerking) issues from the loss and regain of momentum when going through the shifting throttle down, pull clutch, change gear, let out clutch, throttle up - all that possibility for momentum change is gone…

Easy to install, need plastics both sides off with install of strain gauge on shifter lever shaft, module mounting and harness that is installed inline between the individual cylinder coils and ECM harness.

Check it out, if you have specific questions hit me up.

Several other updates you could benefit from but plastics don’t need to be off - e.g. Penske shock, throttle lock, LED headlights…

Wayne, Carol & Blue

The 92049 are the OEM oil seals. The 92093 are the OEM dust seals; however, I had to reuse mine since none where available anywhere when I did my work in July. I tried aftermarket and they did not fit well and kept coming loose. You will love the Galfer stainless lines. The clutch line can be a bit of a bear to get out from the frame… but with patience it will go. I used rubber grommets from the hardware store with one slit through them to make up the diameter difference for all the holding clips. It has worked perfectly all summer. I have the 18” oval Delkevic and experience no issues at all. It sounds awesome. Don’t forget a K&N air filter on your list. It is pricey… but well worth the cost.
Thanks Rob,

I think I'm committed to the 18".
1. Quieter by a couple of DBs.
2. Nearly the same performance spec as the14" (only a couple of ponies less)
3. Believe it or not, $100+ less than the 14"

@All

Since there is a fork part shortage and I do not currently have any leaks, what are your thoughts on a dump and go fork oil change?

Again thanks for the insights,
Dimitrius

@dsamudio Fun list of mods you have, suggest adding the Healtech Quickshifter - you will not regret it.

One of the best modifications I’ve added, delivers glass-smooth shifting across entire RPM range. Exceptionally fun at higher RPM when getting on it and honestly I feel a good safety improvement. Let me explain safety, there is no thinking, thought, rev matching, working to be smooth on the clutch just a pull up on the shift lever with your foot as usual, keep your hands on the bars and mind on the road. Then, next big benefit (my wife says best thing ever) is when riding 2-up the chance for clanking a helmet or negative biomechanics (whiplash or neck jerking) issues from the loss and regain of momentum when going through the shifting throttle down, pull clutch, change gear, let out clutch, throttle up - all that possibility for momentum change is gone…

Easy to install, need plastics both sides off with install of strain gauge on shifter lever shaft, module mounting and harness that is installed inline between the individual cylinder coils and ECM harness.

Check it out, if you have specific questions hit me up.

Several other updates you could benefit from but plastics don’t need to be off - e.g. Penske shock, throttle lock, LED headlights…

Wayne, Carol & Blue
the Quickshifter is on my list as a possibility, but still have to watch the budget. Budget is also why the MurphyKits tip over bars are not listed.

I think I can install the quickshifter without to much issues in the future.

How did you find the install?
Easy, medium, Tricky, hard.

Dimitrius

Last edited:
the Quickshifter is on my list as a possibility, but still have to watch the budget. Budget is also why the MurphyKits tip over bars are not listed.

I think I can install the quickshifter without to much issues in the future.

How did you find the install?
Easy, medium, Tricky, hard.

Dimitrius
Install is very easy. Other than plastics it’s no more than 30 min to install, download APP and sync.

Device has a self-learn (almost like a knock sensor I suppose) detecting the shift abruptness, I chose to dump that and go with the expert mode and shifts are consistently super-slick. I have had only one failed shift out of the thousands of shifts and that was user error whereas I performed an incomplete shift.

I did have a sensor issue when I had to readjust linkage for new boots and Sportbike Track Gear (STG) replaced it overnight or near overnight. Sensor appeared to lose sensitivity and was not reading my calls to shift - again STG - no questions asked immediately sent replacement.

Other than that the Quickshifter has been flawless for 1-1/2 seasons, ~26K miles and thousands of smooth, worry-free shifts.

Wayne, Carol(extra happy pillion) & Blue

IMG_20190830_202242954.jpg

Had my Delk on 86K miles with no heat problems. Thankfully, I think I got it pointed in the right direction.

You got a nice list of things there. I had them replace my bearings with the AllBalls tapered when they needed changed about 55K miles (at their suggestion but it made sense). Can't emphasize enough the need for Aux lights.

auxlights.jpg

One of the best changes I made was the Murph's Bearinged Up shifter. 2nd best was the Laam Seat. Got a Baldwin initially but went back to the Laam. MR flash works well with Mid Grade gas savings adding up over the miles. Knight Design lowered Pegs give me some knee room with 2 artificial knees.

Brake upgrades are solid. SOmething I always wanted to do. May do brake upgrade with the 18 which I will use for trips as the 13 moves to a daily drivier/commuter

2018.jpg

Looks like you are getting it sorted well.....

34,000 miles first valve check...

He said all were within spec's

At least I got all new gaskets now.:rolleyes:

Plugs and green hoses, 2011 bike thought it was time for hoses.

The need for valve checks on this motor should be twice recommended

I thought the GTR1400 overseas suggests a higher interval.

Must be Steve's FLASH!

Back in the 70's I remember my Hondas kept changing, not these.

Must be Steve's FLASH!

Thank for the info.

If the forums are any indication, my Valves will be inspec, but as you said I'll get new gasket and plugs.:unsure:

I bought the bike used and I am not sure how the previous Older owner did things (80 yrs old). From what I've seen, not a thorough mechanic and I think the bike was to heavy for him. The bike has been tipped over and I know the left subframe is bent (also being replaced). His family said he would get on the Toll road and cruse 100 mph between his home and his daughter's.

While the plastic is off I'll get the upgrades I want and get an assessment of any other possible problems before I start regular track days.

Dimitrius

Must be Steve's FLASH!

I should be hitting 15K by the end of this season on my 09. My guess is that I will be doing a valve adjustment in the spring when getting her out of storage. I would like to replace coolant hoses too. I do not see any kits available anymore and guess I need to order each through a Kawasaki parts distributor. Do you know of anyone offering a kit? I plan to buy Murphs gasket kit for sure.

The guy who just did my valve check has only ridden HDs and hates the Interstate I said go for a ride on 75 after you get it back together,
He said I'm getting a different bike after the ride, could not believe the wind protection and solidness. (y)
He always acts like Mr. Knowitall, mine is better than yours ...

Must be Steve's FLASH!

Wow - not a single valve out at 34K miles!

Positive this is the first check?

Usually it’s the first check that you see the biggest movement then much less thereafter.

Maybe you had a loose engine from the factory and now tightening but still in spec.

I should be hitting 15K by the end of this season on my 09. My guess is that I will be doing a valve adjustment in the spring when getting her out of storage. I would like to replace coolant hoses too. I do not see any kits available anymore and guess I need to order each through a Kawasaki parts distributor. Do you know of anyone offering a kit? I plan to buy Murphs gasket kit for sure.
Samco makes a hose kit. I would suggest getting the clamps they offer as well.

Now y'all have me wondering where I can get my valve service done around the Houston area. I'm at 17,600-ish on my 2021 already.

Just ordered a set of the Pilot Road 6 GTs, so we'll see how well those hold up. Maybe they'll last a tad bit longer than the skins I've run so far. 3 sets in just under 18k miles seems to be par for this heavyweight. They'll be fairly fresh for next month's event over in Big Bend.

Wait till 25,000 or more, then call Fred.

I believe it's a big worry about nothing.

These motors are super tight; I've had track days where I had a corner coming up, so I did not shift up and floated the valves, afraid I might have caused damage, and everything is fine indestructible:sneaky: stupid proof. :LOL:

I got this kit, but at a better price, someone on here posted a link that I bought from, but it took forever to get them, came from the UK.

Last edited:
The guy who just did my valve check has only ridden HDs and hates the Interstate I said go for a ride on 75 after you get it back together,
He said I'm getting a different bike after the ride, could not believe the wind protection and solidness. (y)
He always acts like Mr. Knowitall, mine is better than yours ...
Typical Hardley rider Cuda. A large majority of Harley (Hardley) riders never experienced a Jap bike, not alone a powerful one. They have nothing to compare too except other Hardley's. I'm in South Florida and I encounter many Hardley riders on the street, most are egomaniacs. Of course, a good spanking usually takes care of that...Sean

Wait till 25,000 or more, then call Fred.

I believe it's a big worry about nothing.

These motors are super tight; I've had track days where I had a corner coming up, so I did not shift up and floated the valves, afraid I might have caused damage, and everything is fine indestructible:sneaky: stupid proof. :LOL:

I got this kit, but at a better price, someone on here posted a link that I bought from, but it took forever to get them, came from the UK.

Looks like all of them are shipped from the UK.

4 - 8 weeks for delivery

Dimitrius

Now y'all have me wondering where I can get my valve service done around the Houston area. I'm at 17,600-ish on my 2021 already.

Just ordered a set of the Pilot Road 6 GTs, so we'll see how well those hold up. Maybe they'll last a tad bit longer than the skins I've run so far. 3 sets in just under 18k miles seems to be par for this heavyweight. They'll be fairly fresh for next month's event over in Big Bend.
Motorcycles Unlimited
1964 Cypress Creek Parkway
Houston 77090
281 444 0545

The work has begun.

The bike is stripped down and, no surprise, the valves are in spec.

There was some weeping at the head gasket and sensor, but considering it is the original gasket, not to surprised.

We will replace the sensor O-Ring with the fatter one from Murphy.

Muffler and header are gone.....THUNK!!!!

Any one need an original 2010 Header?

Partial assembly is about to begin and then the forks. We are going slow to double check everything. I have a good Mechanic and we're working through a shared spread sheet to track the work and parts.

DS

Air filter, valves, sensor, headers and $35 sub frame done.

IMG_1031.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 103
$35 sub frame? Did you have to replace it? Also i hope the header nuts were torqued and not just tightened with that ratchet.

LOL... Naw, he has a pipe on a wrench for the header nuts. 🤪

Seriously, he and I have talked specs quite a bit, and he really wants it to be perfect. Also, he has his partner check all his work.

The sub frame (the long tubes the cowling is attached to) was bent by the previous owner. He was older, it was dropped on both sides and the left side lower bolt threads were stripped. Images 1032 & 1033.

Replacement parts are ~$220-$230 each, plus shipping.

Ebay find baby!!!

They are salvaged from a wrecked C14 with matching parts.

Dimitrius

Exhaust complete.
Cables next starting with the Rear.

At lunch today, I was able to get to the engine with engine wipes and do some cleaning.
12 yrs. of dirt.
I'll try to finish it up before the plastics go back on.

Dimitrius

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks super nice man! Those are some honkin' long cans, but she's pretty! If you get a chance to record how it sounds that'll be sweet! Looking forward to your ride report too!

Looks super nice man! Those are some honkin' long cans, but she's pretty! If you get a chance to record how it sounds that'll be sweet! Looking forward to your ride report too!
Thank you,
Will do.
I have some good recording gear I think I can connect to my GoPro. I'll get you a good recording. ;)

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Fired it up today and it is quiet. 🤫 but does have rich tone. Which, I may add, is what I wanted...an old man sleeper.

We will remove the DB baffle cut from the muffler and at 9300 rpm I'll get 98 DB as opposed to 96 DB.

My tech was worried. His first thought was, "It's not very loud". I told him that is what I wanted.

I'll record before and after the baffle removal.
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG

Update

Shocks rebuild - weeping leak on the right fork

New manual tensioner

Brakes cleaned and replaced - one was sticking

Radiator flushed

Radiator cover in place

What's left:

Front brake cables and bleeding

Final assembly

..... and the bill. 😭

How was the job of replacing the header? I have my 15K work coming this spring and considering the Delkavic 4 into 1.
1. I would not recommend Stainless Steel. It scratches very easily.

I've had it back for two days and I have spent more time sanding and buffing than I have riding.
AutoSol just adds scratches, so I then began my first attempt and removing scratches and I'm using a dremel, but the results are good.
If I had it to do over again, I would fork out the cash for Carbon

2.Make sure you have all the parts!
I did not get the extension bracket or the extra nut, washers and bolts (you can see it is missing in the Video (see image). Without these, it is a challenge to get it all together and you right bag will not fit on without the bracket. So, if I get the parts this week I should have it all buttoned up for next weekend.

1667694450510.png

Overall it should be easy except for the usual removal of Tupperware, radiator, and headers.
My mech drops the engine to do valves for all Kawi 1400s to make it easier to get to the plugs and adjust the valves.
We already had everything off and it was a no brainer and easy. Your milage may vary.

Dimitrius

Overall...Well worth it!!!

General Maintenance:

Air filter clean
Brake flush
Brake pads
Forks-Seals and oil
Radiator Flush
Spark plugs
Sub-frame replacements
Valve check and new rubber seals

We also replaced a few missing bolts, washers, plastic pins, and one very important and slightly scary find.

The rear brake pin and cotter pin had been replaced with a bold and a nylon nut.

This caused a lot of play in the rear brake pedal and the nylon could melt.

Upgrades

What I noticed first:

ECU flash
WOW!!

I don't want to stir the "Flash War" Pot.
So let me start off by saying, read up on what they are doing and make the choice that you think will be best for your riding needs. Both are vast improvements over the stock flash according to everything I have read. I have worked with both men and I'm very happy with their services.

Throttle response - The very first thing I noticed when I gave it gas and no lag. For quite a while I thought that I had to much play in my cables, but it was the STUPID FACTORY FLASH. the flash upgrade makes shifting, decelerations, and general throttle management easier and better.

The acceleration and is very smooth and torquey, the engine feels and sounds open and smooth, and it feels like a different bike. I actually felt the front wheel unload and slip a bit. :oops:

Second
Fork rebuild
- Let's just say I will be doing this more often. This also fixed a minor alignment issue I did not know I had. The bike has always been responsive, but now if feels planted and straight, yet drops into curves with little effort. Coasting hands free, the bike is dead straight (it used to slowly drift to the left and I thought it was me).

The screen bracket has removed a lot of flutter on my XL Cal-Sci screen. I did not have much movement compared to what others have reported, but at speed was when I noticed the lack of movement from the wind screen.

The brake, clutch and ABS cable replacement.

Response is greatly improved. The clutch feels very even and there is a higher level of control. The front brake engages quickly and no sponginess. I did a test emergency stop using front and back and it was quick, controlled and ABS did not engage.

The radiator guard looks good and I hope I never need it.

Manual cam chain tensioner.
I've heard and read the stock tensioner has a higher chance of failure after the engine is opened. Seems like the smart thing to do and a lot of people swear by them.

The Exhaust and headers

Except for the Stainless steel and missing parts, well...grins all around.

Dimitrius

Last edited:

General Maintenance:

Air filter clean
Brake flush
Brake pads
Forks-Seals and oil
Radiator Flush
Spark plugs
Sub-frame replacements

We also replaced a few missing bolts, washers, plastic pins, and one very important and slightly scary find.

The rear brake pin and cotter pin had been replaced with a bold and a nylon nut.

Upgrades

What I noticed first:

ECU flash
WOW!!

So let me start off by saying, read up on what they are doing and make the choice that you think will be best for your riding needs. Both are vast improvements over the stock flash according to everything I have read. I have worked with both men and I'm very happy with their services.

Throttle response - The very first thing I noticed when I gave it gas and no lag. For quite a while I thought that I had to much play in my cables, but it was the STUPID FACTORY FLASH. the flash upgrade makes shifting, decelerations, and general throttle management easier and better.

The acceleration and is very smooth and torquey, the engine feels and sounds open and smooth, and it feels like a different bike. I actually felt the front wheel unload and slip a bit. :oops:

Second
Fork rebuild
- Let's just say I will be doing this more often. This also fixed a minor alignment issue I did not know I had. The bike has always been responsive, but now if feels planted and straight, yet drops into curves with little effort. Coasting hands free, the bike is dead straight (it used to slowly drift to the left and I thought it was me).

The screen bracket has removed a lot of flutter on my XL Cal-Sci screen. I did not have much movement compared to what others have reported, but at speed was when I noticed the lack of movement from the wind screen.

Response is greatly improved. The clutch feels very even and there is a higher level of control. The front brake engages quickly and no sponginess. I did a test emergency stop using front and back and it was quick, controlled and ABS did not engage.

I've heard and read the stock tensioner has a higher chance of failure after the engine is opened. Seems like the smart thing to do and a lot of people swear by them.

The Exhaust and headers

Dimitrius
Where do you find the manual chain tensioner replacement? I have heard of concerns with the oil pressure tensioner.

General Maintenance:

Air filter clean
Brake flush
Brake pads
Forks-Seals and oil
Radiator Flush
Spark plugs
Sub-frame replacements

Upgrades

What I noticed first:

ECU flash
WOW!!

Second
Fork rebuild

The Exhaust and headers

Dimitrius

Upstairs you said you had an alignment issue.

I am considering sending my forks off to have them redone. Seems like a dumb question but when when you reinstalled how did you get the alignment straightened out? That is enough to scare me off doing it myself.

I am considering sending my forks off to have them redone. Seems like a dumb question but when when you reinstalled how did you get the alignment straightened out? That is enough to scare me off doing it myself.
I had no issues when I reinstalled mine. Always been a hand off the bar bike.

I am interested in how it was determined you had an alignment issue.

"how did you get the alignment straightened out?"

No such thing as a dumb question if you don't know the answer.

Took it to a good mechanic.;) I have no idea and the service Manual (pg. 13-10) tells how to install, but not align.

Maybe one of the long time wrenchers can chime in.

A good local shop did the work due to my schedule and I was not comfortable tackling the project list (I have a c10 that only need a water pump and it has been waiting for over a year):rolleyes:. I also did come computer work as a barter.

There maybe Youtube vids on how to get them straight.

I would also hit the forums unless someone comments here.

Dimitrius

I had no issues when I reinstalled mine. Always been a hand off the bar bike.

I am interested in how it was determined you had an alignment issue.
No empirical evidence, but I know the bike had been dropped while not moving on both sides due to the scratch patterns and the bent subframe.

From what I have read, after a bike has been dropped, you should check the steering for proper alignment.

The bike would slowly drift left when I lifted my hands off the bars. I had this same problem years ago on the bicycle, the problem was me. I went to a chiro and did some therapy, and I could ride hands free again. A friend noticed that I was no longer crocked on the bicycle.

I've seen the same problem when the back wheel is not straight on a chained bike. The rider will shift their position to compensate. Straighten the back wheel and chain and the rider sits square on the bike.

Also, turning slow or fast is very responsive and secure.

It's very technical! :ROFLMAO:

Dimitrius

No empirical evidence, but I know the bike had been dropped while not moving on both sides due to the scratch patterns and the bent subframe.

From what I have read, after a bike has been dropped, you should check the steering for proper alignment.

The bike would slowly drift left when I lifted my hands off the bars. I had this same problem years ago on the bicycle, the problem was me. I went to a chiro and did some therapy, and I could ride hands free again. A friend noticed that I was no longer crocked on the bicycle.

I've seen the same problem when the back wheel is not straight on a chained bike. The rider will shift their position to compensate. Straighten the back wheel and chain and the rider sits square on the bike.

Also, turning slow or fast is very responsive and secure.

It's very technical! :ROFLMAO:

Dimitrius
I am familiar with aligning the front and rear wheel on a chained bike . Easy to get wrong when adjusting chain and easy to avoid. I am not aware that driveshaft bikes can be adjusted .

I am familiar with aligning the front and rear wheel on a chained bike . Easy to get wrong when adjusting chain and easy to avoid. I am not aware that driveshaft bikes can be adjusted .
That is exactly why ride a shaft drive. No adjustments or alignment. ;)

I was just trying to illustrate how machine mechanics and biomechanics can change handling and feel. The chain and chiro were just examples I've delt with before, and evidently poor examples in this. 🤔

My point is sometimes, getting to the root cause is not always straight forward.
Sometimes, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck; it could still be a goose.

Dimitrius