• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 C14 2,000 Mile Ride Review

PNWWVUELKMAN

WVUElkman
After 6 weeks and over 2k miles of pavement I figured I’d keep telling you what you already know. It would have been a 3k review but a week vacation and week down for getting flash gave me 4 weeks of riding.
Black widow full exhaust with can and flash mods “seeing this is my track bike I’m talking about”.

The pull at almost any speed would seem as good as a RR liter sports bike to me. I’m sure it’s not, but I sold mine a couple years ago and maybe it’s some memory fade, but when I’m the 14 I can’t imagine needing more.
The Badass Flash seemed to add a good ol two stroke powerband with an extreme blast of power pull that excites like your first run on a good roller coaster.

I know she’s a beast at 600 plus pounds but it honestly doesn’t seem it at all when moving. I normally hit first time twisties at 3x the rates speed sign as an initial approach and moved up with the CBR and I’m finding myself feeling comfortable at about 2.5x with the 14. Good for the bulk.

Tires seem to be looking good and would have been starting to order my rear on the CBR fairly quickly after 2k. The 14 had fresh rubber replaced by dealer when I purchased last month and I figured might as well see how useable they were for me. They haven’t let me down on dry pavement. Hasn’t rained in WA state since first week I owned I back in Early June.

Only drawback is that with playing hard in triple digits after mods on 14 last week noticed more States and Sheriff vehicles sitting off in the weeds running radar where they haven’t been in years. So hard to drive 4 over the speed limit. All good, I’m back in the picking my times to smile mode after feeling the bike out.

Guys at work commenting on how good the bike sounds when going by them. I love the sound of hp on a good bike.

Son in law was here on my vacation and he’s a big Harley guy. He rode the 14 and I could hear him hammering a 1/2 mile away. When he came back he was trying to talk my daughter into letting him buy one. A R1 owner at work wants to take it for a ride sometime said it’s very interesting. Same guy that use to play in the mid to upper triples digits with me at times on my CBR. He gave me crap when I was explaining last winter I was getting a C14 and why. He’s drooling over saddlebags and comfortable ride.

Bottom line is I think it would have been a Yuge mistake to go back for a sports bike. The advantages of the C14 heavily tip the scales as the best bike I’ve owned for my use anyhow. Sitting still or maybe a very short test ride would do an injustice to the beast this bike is.

WVUELKMAN

Only drawback is that with playing hard in triple digits after mods on 14 last week noticed more States and Sheriff vehicles sitting off in the weeds running radar where they haven’t been in years. So hard to drive 4 over the speed limit. All good, I’m back in the picking my times to smile mode after feeling the bike out.
WVUELKMAN
🍻

i agree the bw pulls hard. a little chunky in the twisties but ergo's really help.
just pull the trigger and get one. saved my ass several times 😉

Attachments

• PXL_20210320_174715777 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210320_174715777 (1).jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 106