• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2009 C-14 Distance Improvements

UP

Bicycle
My Mrs and I ride distance. Soon we'll ride from Atlanta up into Canada, around and back. Again! I've put a few things on the Concours to make it more road worthy. * See-Bailey Ultra Dome allows wind or lets you blow smoke rings. * Murph's risers let you relax a little more. * Murph's lowered pegs lets you stretch out a little more. * Corbin seat lets you scoot back and the Mrs does not slide forward. * Shinko 05s are not expensive and ride good. * Stintered pads all around. * Rack and back rest combo for the Mrs nice. * Tank bag. * Tail bag. * Bicycle blinky lights velcroed on the bags adds needed night light. * ThrottleMeister. * Aair of 80/100 beams up front really shine deer. * Garmon hand held GPS mounted. * Blah, blah, blah..... Rides good and can go long two up and ,loaded all day without pain. UP

I've had my C14 for a week now and have already added risers, Throttlemiester and Magellen Crossover GPS mount. Will send my seat to www.greatdaytoride.com for "Supracor" LD upgrade next week. Thinking about getting a Cee-Bailey Ultra dome but will wait to see how the stock 2010 windshield does on a long ride. Thinking about a "Bakup" drivers back rest. I have a drivers backrest on my 97 Valkyrie and wouldn't ride without it anymore. But the Valkyrie is a much more leaned back riding position to begin with. Not sure how effective it would be on the Concours. Steve COG# 9143, '10 C14 ABS, '97 Valkryie, '02 DR650

Just made a trip from Atlanta to Chicago (all super-slab). Stock seat, VStream, Murphs Grips, AreaP Full Exhaust, Power Commander-V, Givi V46 Trunk, PR2 tires. Even with (many) trips into triple digits, I still averaged 42 mpg (calculated, not using LCD). I stopped for gas right at 190-200 miles each time on the odo. 11.5 hour ride.

I top off at 200 miles but I've ridden it on the superslab to 250 and still had a drop or two left. Averaging 41. UP

Yep, I never put more than 4.7 gallons in, I could have gone at least another 40 miles or so each time, but by then I needed a small break anyway. The bugs were so bad, I almost stopped once just to clean my visor and windscreen.....