• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2009 C14 Zumo 550 and Scala G4 It's possible

larrys

Big Wheel
It is possible to have the XM radio and the navigation commands come thru the G4 headsets via bluetooth. There's about 20 programming steps to accomplish this. Send your email address to me at sun88y@aol.com and I'll forward the instructions....

Larry

If you are talking about playing music through your G4, you can't.  The Zumo 550 does not support that.

You have to pair your Scala to your Zuma using  bluetooth. If have your zumo manual just follow the instruction it the manual. The zumo only transmits in mono so you will not have stereo, but they will work together. 

Sorry, this isn't necessarily on topic, but since it concerns the Scala G4.  How is the quality of the stereo speakers?  Does it suffer when the source of the music is from a bluetooth?  I have a little Sony Bluetooth piece for my iPod and it works great with my portable speakers for the beach.  I'm essentially interested in the quality of the sound, music for the most part.  While I suppose I'd take an emergency phone call, I usually get on the C14 to get away from people.  If I could used the iPod or my Inno XM with the Scala, that would be great.

Any info, insights or other thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob

The Zumo 550 will play MP3s in MONO through the Bluetooth but will not play XM Radio through Bluetooth.
If you really want STEREO- MP3 and SAT use an adapter. You might have luck at Best Buy or Radio Shack. It plugs into the HEADSET OUTPUT on the MOUNT using a regular stereo jack. The HEADSET then connects to that and not the ZUMO 550. You will loose the phone mode since the Bluetooth is used on the adapter and not the ZUMO

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBridge-mini-jack-Rx-Bluetooth/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=pd_cp_e_2

This is one version of an adapter.