• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 delivery concern

BJ_CT

Street Cruiser
Here in CT, I've been in 4 different dealerships trying to find a 2010 C1400. Being told they have to be ordered and might be scarce. From your personal experience, what's a normal delivery for this bike once I place the order? Thx. Update 6/11/10 - My dealer got my bike today. I get it tomorrow. Simply psyched. So this was ordered 2/25, arrived at NJ distribution center about 5/12. Roughly 3-1/2 months. Really disappointed Mama Kaw won't bother to commit delivery dates to dealers when the bike is not already in the distribution system. Also poor to worse job keeping dealer in the loop. Somebody knows, just must not be important enough to pass along to THEIR end user. Maybe Kaw is a cousin to Toyota. The dealer was not the issue. Yes, dealer could have gotten bike from another dealer's stock but the price I got didn't really leave room for the horse trading involved. Just for reference, there where 11 2010 bikes w/ABS within 200 miles of Boston last Sunday and none in the Kawa distribution pipeline. The bikes are scarce and Kaw treats it's dealers poorly, IMHO.

I had the same problem in 1999. A couple of dealers had them in crates in the back, but no-one wanted to put one together for me. I left my name and number at 5 or 6 dealers, the first one to call me with a Concours on the showroom floor got my business. But honestly, I don't like or trust any dealer in CT. Did you try Chaplin Kaw http://www.chaplinkawasaki.com , they had one on the floor the last few times I went in, even gave me a tour of the service department when I asked to see it. Dave Muir 1980 LTD1000 - Rocket 1999 Concours - Rocket II 1997 Dyna - wife's CT-COG #3649

Stopped in and found a 2010 C14, non-ABS. They said they could get an ABS model between 2 days and 2 weeks (worst case). Thanks for the tip. :)

Great! I used them to mount some tires once. They actually came pretty close to on-line prices for the tires, so I ordered them there too. Seemed like an OK place. Dave Muir 1980 LTD1000 - Rocket 1999 Concours - Rocket II 1997 Dyna - wife's CT-COG #3649

You can also try Coastline Motorsports in Old Saybrook, they seem like good guys but I don't know if they have a C-14 or not. I have bought parts from them, good prices on that stuff. http://www.coastlinemotorsports.com/default.asp

If you don't mind a little travel, Troy City Garage (Troy, NY) has been know to offer great deals. All prices are usually listed on their web site. www.troycitygarage.com -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

If you don't have to have the 2010. There's a 08ABS listed for sale on Ricks sites for sale section on Long Island. It only has 700 miles on it, for $8500. Personally I think it's a great deal. An almost brand new bike for close to half the the price of a new C14ABS. http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=67233.0 Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

They seem to be scarce since many dealers have multiple 2009's remaining to move. My closest dealer didn't order one for this year and tried well to sell me one of his 2009's...great bikes but I had to have a 2010. I found a dealer about 40 minutes away had one arriving still in the box a month ago and moved fast and got it. He claimed his next and last 2010 won't arrive until April. I am guessing the economy and unexpected 2010 update may be impacting the ability of dealers to keep up with demand.

A word of encouragement....... I was able to find a 2010. This is my first Connie and man, it was worth the wait! These bikes could be hard to find for awhile as they are so desirable. Good luck

I just got one on the spot for $800 under MSRP out the door in Lebanon, Maine. I think they have one without ABS as well. Rochester Motorsports in Rochester, NH has one of each for MSRP and a leftover from last year on the floor for about $12K (if I remember correctly).

Windham Naults in Windham NH. has 2 2010 non-abs. They are dealing some. 1 non 0-9 for 10,500 & 1 abs 09 for 11,300.

This is an update. My dealer still doesn't know when he will get my bike. Also said the non-ABS version is also scarce. I've found 2 non-ABS versions out of 5 dealerships visited, no ABS versions (I'm not trying to hunt one down since already have one on order, just trying to figure out the problem). I'm beginning to believe that the ABS versions found and mentioned in earlier posts were probably dealer ordered last fall. My dealer didn't order any (still has a '09 on the floor) until I placed my order. I'm somewhat surprised that no one that represents Kawasaki has responded to my post. What seems to be a completely underestimated demand by K ought to 1) merit some news interest and, in theory, 2) make the bikes more expensive (a premium to MSRP). Neither seems to be the case. Weird.

What seems to be a completely underestimated demand by K ought to 1) merit some news interest and, in theory, 2) make the bikes more expensive (a premium to MSRP). Neither seems to be the case. Weird. {/quote] I think it might be more of a case of lower production due to the economy and dealers not ordering bikes to sit in the showrooms, sales have been real slow for most in the past year and 1/2. While We all love bikes, for most its a luxury they can get by without. Naults is showing a 2010 blue w/ABS in stock on their website.

I got lucky I guess. When I decided on a 2010 C14 ABS I walked into my local dealer and they had just got one in, still in the crate. They also had a non ABS 2009 in the showroom. I told them I was interested in the 2010 ABS and they had it build in a couple days and offered me $1400 off list. That was 2 weeks ago and now it's sitting in my garage. They said they will only get one more 2010.

Seems to me Kawasaki is holding back on the 2010 since they have so many leftover 08 and 09's out there still. All of which can be had at fire sale prices. To me it all comes down to is there enough of a change in the 2010 to justify the price difference or is it a color I just have to have. To each his own.

For me there was enough of a difference. Although I really like the candy neptune blue paint too. The body changes to address the heat issues and the traction control were the biggest changes I like but the larger wind screen, higher mirrors, new glove box and heated grips added to it. The 2010 I think will carry a lot better resale value too, not that I plan on selling mine any time soon.

Fire sale prices is right. Port Angeles Power Equipment has a red 09 for $10888. If I was going to work a couple of more years I'd nab that one, But only 3 more weeks till I pull the plug. "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Just bought a 2010 ABS in Denver with zero miles on it for $1,000 under MSRP. They had 1 09 and 2 2010's in stock. Another dealer in Colorado Springs had an 09 and another 2010 on the show room floor.