• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 Model Info Relewased

Fred H.

Its on the Kawasaki EU website
Capably and quickly carving a justifiable reputation for touring excellence, the latest incarnation of the 1400GTR takes performance, handling and rider comfort to even greater heights for 2010. Incorporating a host of innovative and practical touring features for the coming season, the 2010 1400GTR combines its impressive engine and chassis performance with long-distance touring potential like no other machine its class. Kawasaki

Hmmm... no mention of heated grips or cruise control options. Disappointing. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Yes, it does mention heated grips.
To add further all day, all weather riding comfort, adjustable heated grips come as standard equipment on the latest 1400GTR.

More info here: http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-details-features.aspx?autoplay=false&id=442&scid=25 Here is the whole spec sheet.

Now finally some improvements that should have been on the original. Now if they would only dump that POS KIPASS for a factory cruise control, we would be all set! It sounds to be a better package. I wonder how it's going to effect the costs? Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

MSRP $14,599 and $15,299 for the ABS model. You can go to this link to see all the new for 2010 models/details: http://newproductlaunch.kawasaki.com/ They are not waiting 10 years to refine this one. It looks to me that they addressed many of the complaints of the original. They did make some improvements to the KI-Pass system. Bob Sherwood COG #2994 COG Industry Liaison MSF RiderCoach Statesboro, GA

Howdy, So Fred, I'm hoping you will be able to let us know if the Heated Grips might be retro fittable. As always appreciate and use your suggestions. Later, Norm

I figured the MSRP was going to be higher than that - I'm still happy with my new 09 :) but I sure wish I had some of those newer options though.

Fred... sorry, I missed the standard heated grips. I was inundated and blinded by the impressive list of improvements. :) -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif

a few photos from the Kawasaki web pages
GetScaledImage.aspx
GetScaledImage.aspx
GetScaledImage.aspx
GetScaledImage.aspx
GetScaledImage.aspx
GetScaledImage.aspx
GetScaledImage.aspx
-- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif

Take out the marketing hype and you'll see some really good updates to the model. Must say I am impressed but then I have always beed a Kawasaki fan. * 1976 KZ400 twin (super reliable) * 2000 Nomad (loved this bike & torued it all over) * 2005 C-10 (way fast) * 2009 C-14 (sweet long distance runner) UP