• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 National Rally in and out planning thread SW

OMoaC

Hello SW group. We already have a thread for SW travel up and back for the National. Now were working on suggested routes to add to a page on the National website. If you have suggestions please post them up here and we will try to get them added. Also feel free to use this thread as a general planning thread to meet up with Fellow COGGERS on the ride. Thanks. :)

Last year we drove (cage) up from Phoenix to Idaho Springs (and then Yellowstone).  We stopped at Monument Valley, Canyonlands, Arches, and Salt Lake City on the way.  Option 2 would be
to take 89 through Page or Jacob Lake, to Bryce, to Escalante, to Torrey to Salt Lake City, to Idaho Falls.  There may be better back roads on the way from Salt Lake City to Idaho Falls,
but we did the super slab thing.

On our trip to Yellowstone, I wanted to catch Monument Valley, Arches, and Canyonlands National Parks.  In the past, I have gone north towards Cortez and either Durango or Telluride.  Last summer, a group of us went through the reservation and Canyon de Chelly before going east over the mountains and then to Cortez.  This route was a surprise and is the most scenic way to Cortez IMO.  If I am able to go to the National, I would entertain any route that avoids the superslab.

Old Man, have you ever been to a National?  I plan on coming from Oregon w/ my brother, and look forward to this event.  After we leave the National, we will head North to Glacier, then loop back around back home.  Should be fun.

Bruce said:
Old Man, have you ever been to a National?  I plan on coming from Oregon w/ my brother, and look forward to this event.  After we leave the National, we will head North to Glacier, then loop back around back home.  Should be fun.
This'll be my 1st in the world of COGDOM. Did the Bun Cooler last year. Doing it again this year then down for the SW regional rally in Cedar City UT. Watching all the planning it should be a blast.