• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2016 Big Bend/Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
The 2016 Big Bend - Davis Mountains Ride the Twisties is on the Calendar for the 20th through the 22nd of October, 2016.

This year the Rally will be hosted at The Maverick Inn:

www.themaverickinn.com    432-837-0628

1200 E. Holland Avenue

Alpine, TX 79830

COG rooms are only blocked out until the 19th of September, 2016. Please make your reservation as soon as feasible.

SC COG will have exclusive use of the Maverick Inn which will include unlimited access to the heated pool and fire pit "after hours" once we reserve all 20 rooms.

The Maverick Inn has great amenities and people so this year we will have the "run" of the place with their great free breakfast, free WiFi, and easy walking distance to good restaurants.

This year we will have prizes and awards at the exclusive COG Dinner to be held at 7PM on Saturday the 22nd, at :

[url=http://www.judysbreadandbreakfast.com/]www.judysbreadandbreakfast.com/
[/url]  and dinner is included as part of the registration fee for Saturday night. :celebrate:

The Big Bend and Davis Mountains regions have arguably some of the best roads and scenery for riding  :motonoises: anywhere in the SC region along with the unique geology of the Eastern most expanse of the Basins and Ranges region in the United States.

4490016468_7417386149_b.jpg

A guide and maps to the area are available to all riders at the URL below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iworxlm9rg89e1g/n1O_PzO70H

Please make your reservations today and register on the COG calendar at the URL below:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=227322&mo=10&tDate={d%20%272016-10-18%27}

Ride registration fee is $20 per person for COG members, and $25 for non-members which includes dinner.

Craig

Hello "Cousin".
Would love to see you there again!!

PS: When you gonna set up a ride near you in New Mexico??
      Hint hint!!!!

PM me with a reply...

Ride safe, Ted

redline said:
you bet I'll be there, missed way too many already.  :)

Great Ted, and I look forward to meeting you there!

This is my favorite place to ride in Texas and also to off road!

Now we will have a real rider named "Ted" instead of................. :))

Craig

I just registered and am much looking forward to this ride/meet, and now have to make hotel reservations.  I camped in Big Bend National Park a few years ago, so I'm a little bit familiar with the roads.  The 2015 national meet in Cortez was my first event (and I had a great time meeting great people).  I'm oversees right now until July 2016, and will be coming in from El Paso (short 230 mile ride) on Thursday the 20th, so if anyone wants to ride with, please let me know as I'd be more than happy to.

Sincerely, Bob Church

Bob Church said:
I just registered and am much looking forward to this ride/meet, and now have to make hotel reservations.  I camped in Big Bend National Park a few years ago, so I'm a little bit familiar with the roads.  The 2015 national meet in Cortez was my first event (and I had a great time meeting great people).  I'm oversees right now until July 2016, and will be coming in from El Paso (short 230 mile ride) on Thursday the 20th, so if anyone wants to ride with, please let me know as I'd be more than happy to.

Sincerely, Bob Church

Bob,

Thanks for signing up and I look to forward to meeting you in Alpine!

Take care,

Craig

Hmmmm...  I need to use up 7 vacation days or I will lose them.  Lived in Austin for a couple years and always wanted to see Big Bend, but never got a chance.

4 days down from Vegas gets me a lot of good roads in AZ (including Devils Highway) and NM and puts me there on the night of the 20th.  2 days at the rally, a day of rest and 3 days back is 10 days.  2 weekend days is 8 days.

Pahrump, NV -> Payson, AZ -> Silver City, NM -> Carlsbad, NM -> Alpine, TX

Alpine, TX -> Duncan, AZ -> Prescott, AZ -> Pahrump, NV

How soon are the rooms gone?

Rooms are blocked for us until 9/19/16, All the info is on the South Central calender, we have 12 people signed up so far and room for at least 50. Come on down and see us. The Big Bend area is really nice that time of year.

Will said:
Do we have to stay at eh Maverick Inn, or can we camp nearby?
Will
There is an RV Park/Campground that folks have stayed at in the past. It is about four miles away on the north side of Alpine.

Lost Alaskan RV Park

lostalaskan.com.com

Address: 2401 Texas 118,

Alpine, Texas 79830

Phone: 432-837-1136

Email: info@lostalaskan.com.com

That's the closest camping site I know of. Please join us!  The riding is some of the best and we all have a great time.  :motonoises:

Craig

I have registered for the rally, and have pre-paid my camping fees at the RV park.  Hope to see everyone there at the Maverick Inn.
Regards,
Will

Will said:
I have registered for the rally, and have pre-paid my camping fees at the RV park.  Hope to see everyone there at the Maverick Inn.
Regards,
Will

Will,

Thanks for joining us for the event, I am certain you will not be disappointed.

It's about a five to seven minute ride from the campground to the Maverick Inn.

I look forward to meeting you and riding!  :great:

Ride free,

Craig

Hello Folks, I'm a newbie! Not to riding but to this forum. I'm going on my first year with my 2012 Connie and I'm loving every moment of this incredible machine. I'm all registered with the ride and reserved at the Inn and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Nottacop said:
Hello Folks, I'm a newbie! Not to riding but to this forum. I'm going on my first year with my 2012 Connie and I'm loving every moment of this incredible machine. I'm all registered with the ride and reserved at the Inn and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome!  :welcome:

Looking for to meeting you and if you have questions about the ride or COG, just post and we all will be glad to help.

Big Bend is a fantastic riding area and you will really enjoy the time there with fellow COGGERS!  :campfire: :1rij:

Ride free,

Craig

Will be forest camping my way over after Barber, staying at Lost Alaskan campground.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

Will register soon. Registered.

Need a fire master? If nobody normally does it. My fires at Helen alerted NORAD to a missile launch.

If you have one, I'll just bring the Fireball.

JR said:
Need a fire master? If nobody normally does it. My fires at Helen alerted NORAD to a missile launch.

If you have one, I'll just bring the Fireball.

It is actually a pretty cool covered appliance they have there so no stray embers will start a fire. It can be used even with a burn ban.

The thermal plume is modest, but the fellowship and TALL TALES (TED ADCOCK) are to be experienced.  :))

Craig

Just got a room today and was told it was one of the last 2 so only one left.  Who will get it?

lanugo said:
Just got a room today and was told it was one of the last 2 so only one left.  Who will get it?

Glad you are coming and it looks like we are going to fill Rally Central this year!

Dinner at Judy's Bread and Breakfast is confirmed for 7PM Saturday night. You will need to have registered for the ride to get a dinner chit.

Dinner is catered and we have the facility all to ourselves. Judy's is downtown on Holland right across from the train station parking lot.

The Maverick has a room included hot breakfast, but Judy's is also a great place to start the day.

ONE ROOM LEFT AT THE MAVERICK, OTHER ROOMS IN ALPINE WILL SELL OUT SOON, BETTER GET A RESERVATION ASAP!

Craig

Wow, what a ride.
I'm pondering the ride. (and I only have to come from Houston)..

It's doubtful I'll get to come because of other things I have scheduled, but still a possibility.

Ride safe, Ted

Hope you can make it, Ted!

I'll be riding over from Lost Alaskan to check in. Guess I better add it to the Navigator.

The Maverick Inn has sold out.

Here is a list of alternate lodging possibiliities:

http://visitalpinetx.com/hotels-lodging/

This is the premium season for visitors, so many may be already booked up, if you are "on the fence" I recommend getting a reservation ASAP until you make up your mind.

It will be up to you to negotiate the best rate. The Value Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Highland Inn are not too far from Rally Central.

Camping is available at the Lost Alaskan RV Park:

http://www.lostalaskan.com/

Ride free,

Craig

Lost Alaskan campsite reserved. Discount for being Disabled Veteran since I'm not a Good Sam member, but its a good discount.

Looking forward to this!

JR you might consider heading south west on 79 after you get into Texas and out 290 to I 10 west of Austin.  This keeps you away from the DFW metroplex and a bit nicer ride and views.  You will still need to try and miss Austin rush hours or just find a way around it like HWY 29 to 281.  This will take a bit longer but not much.

Sad part is the best riding in the sate will be just south of you off I 10 sw of Kerrville.  Spend time in the sisters, 335, 336, 337 between Hunt and Rock Springs if you can.

smithr1 said:
JR you might consider heading south west on 79 after you get into Texas and out 290 to I 10 west of Austin.  This keeps you away from the DFW metroplex and a bit nicer ride and views.  You will still need to try and miss Austin rush hours or just find a way around it like HWY 29 to 281.  This will take a bit longer but not much.

Sad part is the best riding in the sate will be just south of you off I 10 sw of Kerrville.  Spend time in the sisters, 335, 336, 337 between Hunt and Rock Springs if you can.

Thanks. Route changed.  :great: :motonoises:

US 90 is another option out to Big Bend from the Hill Country, Pecos River Bridge and Langtry TX are a couple of cool stops on the way to Alpine.

You can stop off in Langtry and pay respects to the Judge!

judge-roy-bean.jpg

Craig

Sorry to say, I will not be able to attend.

The front tire is going away, and its expensive. A bit less than half my travel budget.

Next year....

Gypsy JR said:
Sorry to say, I will not be able to attend.

The front tire is going away, and its expensive. A bit less than half my travel budget.

Next year....

Well shoot............sorry to miss you there but glad we chatted at Jack's.

Maybe next year and you can notch off The River Road FM170 off the bucket list.

Ride free,

Craig

I will be leaving Flower Mound area Thursday AM.

Any of the DFW contingent want to meet up?

Say Buc ees across from Texas Motor Speedway around 7:30?

arjay2 said:
I will be leaving Flower Mound area Thursday AM.

Any of the DFW contingent want to meet up?

Say Buc ees across from Texas Motor Speedway around 7:30?

Pamela and I are leaving Mesquite about 7AM, we'll be going down I 20 to US 67 so we would be south of you.

I think we are meeting Greg and Kate in Alvarado.

I'll be leaving SW Fort Worth at around the same time. Y'all want to meet up at the McDonalds in Alvarado at 8? it's right there at I-35 and 67.

Nottacop said:
I'll be leaving SW Fort Worth at around the same time. Y'all want to meet up at the McDonalds in Alvarado at 8? it's right there at I-35 and 67.

Before I say YES, let me make sure that time is firm with Kate and Greg.

Craig

Well, we were going to make this one but work has changed that...  so, a room with 2 beds is now available if anyone needs one!  Maybe next time!

Moto2wheelin said:
Well, we were going to make this one but work has changed that...  so, a room with 2 beds is now available if anyone needs one!  Maybe next time!

Sorry to hear!!! Maybe next time as the WX is looking pretty good for next week.

Craig

Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.

Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 68.

Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 46.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 75.

:great:

Excellent on the weather!  I'm in Flagstaff and will be working my way southwest and getting in Thurs.

For the Dallas Fort Worth people;
I am very excited about this upcoming organized trip. It will be so cool see so many Concours  enthusiasts in one place in such a great area. If anybody is interested in riding down there together  I'm leaving from the DFW metroplex at 7 AM to have towards Alvarado, Tx. which is where hwy 67 and interstate 35W meet. I'm leaving the McDonald's location at 8 AM sharp. Feel free to join me if you would like. Other than that I look forward to meeting you all in Alpine.

Nottacop said:
For the Dallas Fort Worth people;
I am very excited about this upcoming organized trip. It will be so cool see so many Concours  enthusiasts in one place in such a great area. If anybody is interested in riding down there together  I'm leaving from the DFW metroplex at 7 AM to have towards Alvarado, Tx. which is where hwy 67 and interstate 35W meet. I'm leaving the McDonald's location at 8 AM sharp. Feel free to join me if you would like. Other than that I look forward to meeting you all in Alpine.

I am meeting Greg in Venus at 0745, we will depart from there to Alvarado.

Craig

Bob Church had to cancel (we'll miss you Bob) so there is a room available at the Maverick if you want to join up.

Craig

What day are you guys heading down?  I will be trailering three bikes (would MUCH rather be riding).  We will be leaving West Fort Worth at 4-5pm and heading down 20.

Keith said:
What day are you guys heading down?  I will be trailering three bikes (would MUCH rather be riding).  We will be leaving West Fort Worth at 4-5pm and heading down 20.

Leaving Thursday morning from DFW and going down US 67.

Craig

signed up right away waiting all year :)  hoping to make the next year national for sure.... unless I can't find a job again....

Probably going to make the trip.  However I sold my 2011 C14 and purchased a 2015 Versys 1000.  Lighter and more upright.  Are non-Connies welcome?  Leaving from Dallas area and staying at the Quality Inn   

Gremlin said:
Probably going to make the trip.  However I sold my 2011 C14 and purchased a 2015 Versys 1000.  Lighter and more upright.  Are non-Connies welcome?  Leaving from Dallas area and staying at the Quality Inn 

COG is open to all make and models of bikes.  Matter of fact you do not even need to own a bike.  I will be attending riding a Yamaha Super Tenere.

Gremlin said:

Welcome and please come! Versys will be great riding in the Davis Mountains and Big Bend area!

We're having a campfire in the evening at the Maverick so please join us.

Ride free,

Craig

redline said:
I'll be coming in from Albuquerque. let me know if you are interested in meeting somewhere ..

From NWS Midland:

Breezy to windy conditions are expected behind this front late tonight and
Wednesday with high winds likely channeling through Guadalupe Pass
of west Texas. A High Wind Warning is in effect for the Pass late
tonight through Thursday afternoon.

FYI if you are coming down through Guadalupe Pass tomorrow.

Craig

Arghhhh, I hate missing this!

Talked to Steve Wright. He had to cancel due to a funeral.
He cancelled his room which should open up a room at the Maverick.

If anyone is in another Motel or haven't found a room, check the Maverick again.

Ride safe, Ted

I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon for Kerrvlle.  Gotta put the bike back together, but just did a test run and no more smoke.  Still need to tweak the acceleration enrichment circuit, but i can do that anytime.  She does have an issue with the ECU resetting in first and second gears if you give it full throttle.  THe acceleration is so fast, the computer shuts off the fuel and the spark like it hit a rev limiter.  It comes back on in 2 seconds.  But the decel is like hitting a brick wall. Oh well, wide open in those gears is only tire smoke anyway.  1/2 to 5/8 throttle is the faster way through.  3rd has no resets, but is still pretty fierce at WOT even at only 6 psi boost.  I could probably leave tomorrow and get to Alpine yesterday.  :D

So happy she's running well again.  I was just sure I had busted some slugs in Georgia.  Now if I can just remember what a twisty looks like.  ;)

AirMonger here, last minute change of events has me GOING on Friday. Did not think I would be able to make it at all. I put the totalled Connie back on the road and it doesn't look too bad, especially thru the bottom of a beer glass 🍺. Gonna be a first for me.......trailering in........not because of the bike, because my knee can't take a three hundred mile pounding :truce:. Worse for the wear, but there all the same.  Looking forward to meeting some new faces.

Delaying our departure a little bit, the rain is finally clearing and I don;t want to pack rain gear.......of course if I trailered......... :))

Craig

kv5e said:
Delaying our departure a little bit, the rain is finally clearing and I don;t want to pack rain gear....... of course if I trailered......... :))

Craig

... ..... we would call you Ted.  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:    Of course.

Just got home an hour or so ago and 'debugged' the bike.

Thanks Craig and team for another great event!

Adios

Bob

Bigfoot_16 said:
kv5e said:
of course if I trailered......... :))

Craig
Smart man. Lotta nothin' 'tween here and there.

You took the bait.......rode down after taking a nail on US 67 in Oak Cliff.

A full trip report and pics to follow.......thanks to the 32 riders who left cubic yards of rubber on the Big Bend Roads.

Sailor_chic said:
Bigfoot_16 said:
kv5e said:
of course if I trailered......... :))

Craig
Smart man. Lotta nothin' 'tween here and there.

I thought trailers were for broken bikes and Harleys!

We had a triple trailer for broken bikes and needed it.

One C14 took a rock in the radiator and.......well I will let Rev Chuck explain the exact failure mode on the second bike.

COGGERS chipped in and the challenges handled with aplomb.

Pamela and I rode down, logged 1900 + miles for the event.

Craig

Great riding, great folks.  Thanks to all the South Central folks for the hospitality shown to us Southwest riders.  Thanks particularly to Craig for organizing and thanks to Fred for the route suggestions.

Brian

Thanks guys for this fantastic weekend. I developed some bad habits.  now i can't even ride on the highway and let that BMW pass me going 100.  I turned into my dog and had to chase it.....
I met some great new people, proud to be part of this club!!!

OK. Yeah, I broke it.  My own fault.  No blame anywhere else.

We left Alpine on a ride to take in the River Road (the best road in the area IMHO) and rather than make folks wait any longer on me (I went back to my room at a different motel to get a sweater) I did not go to the local station and fill up.  I knew we would be stopping in about 60 miles or so at Study Butte and I had plenty of fuel to make it there.  BUt Study Butte is not a big place nad the station there hosted only 87, 89, and 91 octane... I really need 93 if I'm going to ride hard.  Anyway, long story longer, the set up was the typical single hose for three grades deal and so you always get two gallons of regular first (because the hose takes about two gallons to fill and the last person ALWAYS bought regular) and so your mix is going to be lower than what you're paying for.  You always know this and try to NOT buy gas unless your empty to minimize the effect.  If you filled up every two gallons, you;d have nothing but regular in the tank very quickly despite paying for premium at every stop.  So, I took about 5 gallons.  That's two in the tank that I had bought the previous day in Fort Stockton where I ALSO got 91 octane.  So two gallons in the tank probably around 89 octane (since it's never completely 93 unless you find that special one hose per grade pump, put the first two gallons in someone else's ride, or buy gas following another premium user) now further diluted with two more gallons of 87 and then boosted back a touch with 3 gallons of 91.  More than likely, the real octane of the fuel in the tank was somewhere around 89 which is considerably shy of 93. 

We then proceeded to run the River Road rather spiritedly at at one point it seemed my left leg was getting hotter than usual.  But that didn;t really register with me until later.  Finally we made Presidio, stopped and ate some good food, and then headed out towards Marfa.  Once we hit a fairly long straight patch, I foolishly decided to air her out a bit and pulled out of the pack with a twist.  Passing 130 in a few seconds she felt less crisp than she should and I backed off the throttle coasting down.  About that time, I was blinked past by a ZX14 and Ted Reichelt (sp?) on his C14.  More foolishly still, I got back on it and in a couple of seconds she was not only accelerating madly again, but was puking the entire molten-lava-hot, oily contents of her crankcase on my left calf and ankle.  Fortunately I was wearing my near knee high Sidis and I was protected from any serious burns though I thought for a minute I was on fire because that leg suddenly got so hot.  Once I realized she was puking oil I clicked her off to minimize the chance of a real fire and coasted down gently as not to slide the rear tire.  She came to a dripping smoking stop alongside the road where I would get to spend the rest of the afternoon waiting on fellow COGgers to rescue me with a tow.  Keith and Andre are my heroes big time. 

Keith took my bike home to Dallas on his trailer and lent me his C-10 to make my way home on.  How awesome is that?  WELL, IT'S REAL AWESOME I tell ya. 

Good times, good trip. Good fun.  Good riding.  Stupid mistake.  Oh well.  They're just pistons and they were designed to be treated badly. LOL

My son Danny and I had a great time and enjoyed the spirited rides. Made some new friends that I hope will be long term. I am retired now, so more rides are in my future, glad to know I am welcome on the "99" Connie or the ZX14, cause I really like that 14. Special thanks to Craig for organizing and leading our group, never a boring ride behind Craig & Pamela! Even got to talk about Germany with Kate and Ted. Who would have guessed I would find people who were at the same places as I was stationed at, on a ride in SW Texas?

Rev Ryder said:
OK. Yeah, I broke it.  My own fault.  No blame anywhere else.

We left Alpine on a ride to take in the River Road (the best road in the area IMHO) and rather than make folks wait any longer on me (I went back to my room at a different motel to get a sweater) I did not go to the local station and fill up.  I knew we would be stopping in about 60 miles or so at Study Butte and I had plenty of fuel to make it there.  BUt Study Butte is not a big place nad the station there hosted only 87, 89, and 91 octane... I really need 93 if I'm going to ride hard.  Anyway, long story longer, the set up was the typical single hose for three grades deal and so you always get two gallons of regular first (because the hose takes about two gallons to fill and the last person ALWAYS bought regular) and so your mix is going to be lower than what you're paying for.  You always know this and try to NOT buy gas unless your empty to minimize the effect.  If you filled up every two gallons, you;d have nothing but regular in the tank very quickly despite paying for premium at every stop.  So, I took about 5 gallons.  That's two in the tank that I had bought the previous day in Fort Stockton where I ALSO got 91 octane.  So two gallons in the tank probably around 89 octane (since it's never completely 93 unless you find that special one hose per grade pump, put the first two gallons in someone else's ride, or buy gas following another premium user) now further diluted with two more gallons of 87 and then boosted back a touch with 3 gallons of 91.  More than likely, the real octane of the fuel in the tank was somewhere around 89 which is considerably shy of 93. 

We then proceeded to run the River Road rather spiritedly at at one point it seemed my left leg was getting hotter than usual.  But that didn;t really register with me until later.  Finally we made Presidio, stopped and ate some good food, and then headed out towards Marfa.  Once we hit a fairly long straight patch, I foolishly decided to air her out a bit and pulled out of the pack with a twist.  Passing 130 in a few seconds she felt less crisp than she should and I backed off the throttle coasting down.  About that time, I was blinked past by a ZX14 and Ted Reichelt (sp?) on his C14.  More foolishly still, I got back on it and in a couple of seconds she was not only accelerating madly again, but was puking the entire molten-lava-hot, oily contents of her crankcase on my left calf and ankle.  Fortunately I was wearing my near knee high Sidis and I was protected from any serious burns though I thought for a minute I was on fire because that leg suddenly got so hot.  Once I realized she was puking oil I clicked her off to minimize the chance of a real fire and coasted down gently as not to slide the rear tire.  She came to a dripping smoking stop alongside the road where I would get to spend the rest of the afternoon waiting on fellow COGgers to rescue me with a tow.  Keith and Andre are my heroes big time. 

Keith took my bike home to Dallas on his trailer and lent me his C-10 to make my way home on.  How awesome is that?  WELL, IT'S REAL AWESOME I tell ya. 

Good times, good trip. Good fun.  Good riding.  Stupid mistake.  Oh well.  They're just pistons and they were designed to be treated badly. LOL

glad you made home safe and still had a good time even though your poor girl had a heat stroke  :) :)

Any pics of the weekend's mayhem?  :motonoises:

Attachments

• Big Bend Santa H2.jpg
    Big Bend Santa H2.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 117
arjay2 said:

Yep...I'll post some up this weekend.

It is my turn in the barrel, so sorry on the slow posting.  :-\

Craig

I could send pictures of other years BB events :) 
I kind of like this one.

Attachments

• bb14 313_sm.jpg
    bb14 313_sm.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 112
connie_rider said:
kv5e said:
arjay2 said:

Yep...I'll post some up "this weekend".

Craig

Err, is it "this weekend" yet?  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

I am still in the barrel, stacking cash, snappin necks, and cashing checks,

Where's all the pics from AR on your chill ride???????

Haven't seen those yet.  ::)

And I have no pics of the Turbo dead on the side of the road if that's what you are looking for........ :nananana:

I was hoping for video's of River Road.

I didn't take but a few photo's in Ark.
And, you know I'm too computer illiterate to post them.
  (and too lazy to learn)
I think Jim took a few.

Ride safe, Ted

kv5e said:
connie_rider said:
kv5e said:
arjay2 said:

Yep...I'll post some up "this weekend".

Craig

Err, is it "this weekend" yet?  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

I am still in the barrel, stacking cash, snappin necks, and cashing checks,

Where's all the pics from AR on your chill ride???????

Haven't seen those yet.  ::)

Let me figure out how to get them from my phone to the laptop and I'll put them up.

Jim,

I moved the pics to the RTE thread where they belong for you.

Dinner time and then I will upload some pics for Big Bend.

Thanks Jim!!!!

Craig

The Maverick Inn:

30574660104_1cde85f66a_k.jpg

and its Spiritual Guide........

31359767526_aa1c0c24d7_k.jpg

Here's a shot from the Basin after riding up Green Gulch

31395977535_4ac2da1457_k.jpg

Another Basin shot

31359770676_c8f2872f6d_k.jpg

A stop at Castolon Store

30574662364_25742e031b_k.jpg

For some sumptuous dining!!!

31359770006_8fbd915382_k.jpg
[/url]

Sotol Vista........ a slice of heaven.....especially of you watch a sunset

30574661834_a4ba2c6996_k.jpg

A great view of TX 118 as it twists up Mt. Locke on the way to McDonald Observatory

31359769206_09c35b9a79_k.jpg

The mandatory tourist shot at the Observatory

30574660884_b749523181_k.jpg

Here's one shot from the Saturday night inner at Judy's Bed and Breakfast...........a great time had by all!

31359768126_ab0e9afc7f_k.jpg

Thanks all for coming and we plan to expand and have an even greater time next year.

Craig

Hey! Look.  I'm in the picture now.  :))

That's MY wine glass on the table.  Thanks fer the red, Troy!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 111
Nottacop said:
Looking forward. I have fender extender and radiator guard - will travel!  ;)

That's great news!!!! Enjoyed meeting and riding with you and Pamela and I are looking forward another ride.

Craig

Rev Ryder said:
Hey! Look.  I'm in the picture now.  :))

That's MY wine glass on the table.  Thanks fer the red, Troy!

I suppose I did really "marginalize" you Chuck, but there was no mens rea for that omission.

No more stick figures.......... :truce:

30650076603_8e483d37a0_k.jpg

gr33nmAn