• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 Bun Cooler

[size=18pt]REMINDER! >> DEADLINE APPROACHING!![/size]

The deadline for Apparel & Banquet is MONDAY, MAY 7th at NOON!

[size=14pt]You will still be able to register for the event after that time, but you will have to contact Jim to see if you can be included to attend the banquet.  There is NOT a restaurant onsite any longer, so it is advisable to register by the deadline.  I will not be placing an additional order for apparel after the deadline.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 18th!!  :great: >:D

Kari
[/size][/size]

Glena and I are going to have our annual BBQ on Thurs. before the Bun Cooler. All you early birds that are here on Thurs. are invited. Please let us know if you are coming so I can round up enough roadkill for the BBQ.

Road report:  Ran up to Lolo Pass area on rte #12 yesterday.  Nice
No chip seal, gravel free, some medium size potholes
Single lane bridge construction 55 miles east of Kamiah - short and no sweat.

I cancelled my reservation for the Bun Cooler this year, due to a torn Achilles tendon.  :'( Had surgery to repair it on May 4, but it won't be ready for travel by Bun Cooler time.  Hope it can be ready for another ride later this year, but May 18 is too early for travel.  See you in 2019 instead!

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Red Fox - I haven't seen where you have registered yet. I hope you are coming.

Jim,

Thanks for noticing.

I've been to 5 Bun Coolers in a row and enjoyed them, yes!  But this year I'll miss the BC to ride with a getting-on-in-years couple who might not be riding soon due to likely medical progression.  Next year - yes on BC! 

Cecil

NinjaBreadMan said:
I cancelled my reservation for the Bun Cooler this year, due to a torn Achilles tendon.  :'( Had surgery to repair it on May 4, but it won't be ready for travel by Bun Cooler time.  Hope it can be ready for another ride later this year, but May 18 is too early for travel.  See you in 2019 instead!

Heal quickly my friend.

We are planning to be there.Busy schedules and a concours without a suspension might have us on a different bike this year but we enjoyed our first bun cooler and cannot!

Looks to be iffy for me. Having mechanical issues with the Roadtrek. I will attempt to get there but it's out of my hands. I will not be registering.

On TDY near Bemidji MN.

Not sure if I will be going now either. The crankshaft in my Duramax broke, it is a very expensive fix at it is also my daily driver.

Since this forum doesn't allow me to have my own identification, I have once again highjacked Jim's.

I have started on the name tags and have developed a deep and abiding relationship with Google, trying to find where everyone, who has never filled out their profile, live.  :-[I have succeeded with some, but others are nothing more than an educated guess. The new membership handbook came in the mail Saturday and helped a lot.

Several of you want your forum names on the tags. I have a few, from other years, and from your responses on this event. If there are others that want their forum name on their tags, please let me know.

Last and most importantly, it looks like our registered attendance is way down from past years so I have two options. I can bake fewer cookies, or those of you that are there will get a lot more. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

Glena

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Last and most importantly, it looks like our registered attendance is way down from past years so I have two options. I can bake fewer cookies, or those of you that are there will get a lot more. ;)

Glena

43 and counting :great:

Gumby said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:

Glena

43 and counting :great:

Actually 42 --Steve wanted his shirt still so I had to add him back to the registrations....

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Since this forum doesn't allow me to have my own identification, I have once again highjacked Jim's.

I have started on the name tags and have developed a deep and abiding relationship with Google, trying to find where everyone, who has never filled out their profile, live.  :-[I have succeeded with some, but others are nothing more than an educated guess. The new membership handbook came in the mail Saturday and helped a lot.

Several of you want your forum names on the tags. I have a few, from other years, and from your responses on this event. If there are others that want their forum name on their tags, please let me know.

Glena
Dammit Jim. Get this fixed!  :) Grant I'll be bringing your OtP Hat out. If you can't make it should I give it to someone to get to you or just ship? And again thank you for your donation.
Mark

I had to turn in the count for the banquet. I know there are a few people that say they are coming, but didn't register. We can still get you a meal and you can pay at the Bun Cooler. The caterer said he can do a couple of extra meals if we let him know a few days before the BC. Let me know as soon as possible if you are coming and didn't get registered.

You will have to go hungry if you don't get let us know you are coming.

Grant said:
Not sure if I will be going now either. The crankshaft in my Duramax broke, it is a very expensive fix at it is also my daily driver.

I remember the day I ran into the back of another car and smashed the daylights out of the front of my car.  I told a friend I wasn't going to be able to go on a camping trip he had invited me on that coming weekend because I felt I needed to work on my car, and his response was "Your car will still be here when we get back."  I went, and that's the weekend I met my wife.  I'm not saying you'll meet the woman of your dreams in Kamiah, but you never know what life-changing thing you'll miss out on experiencing if you don't go.  ;D

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I had to turn in the count for the banquet. I know there are a few people that say they are coming, but didn't register. We can still get you a meal and you can pay at the Bun Cooler. The caterer said he can do a couple of extra meals if we let him know a few days before the BC. Let me know as soon as possible if you are coming and didn't get registered.

You will have to go hungry if you don't get let us know you are coming.

BUT REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN SO PLEASE GET REGISTERED even if you didn't do it by the deadline.  You just won't be able to select apparel or the Banquet. 

gsun said:
I take it meeting your wife was good thing.... :nananana:

It was.  We've been married 29 years, and I can count our disagreements on one hand without using all of the fingers.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
gsun said:

It was.  We've been married 29 years, and I can count our disagreements on one hand without using all of the fingers.

I'm guessing that is because you do as you are told.

Dahmit. Jim or Glena? ;)

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
gsun said:

I'm guessing that is because you do as you are told.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
gsun said:

I wonder how many times though she wanted to choke the living snot out of you but said nothing.

Well one way or another I have to pay for the Chalet I rented so the broken  crank I my truck isn't going to stop me from coming. Looking forward to seeing you all.

TimR said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
gsun said:

I wonder how many times though she wanted to choke the living snot out of you but said nothing.
Probably a daily occurrence.

Met some nice folks and had a good time at a nicely run rally. Thanks to all.  And it was cool/weird to get my name pulled twice. Nice gloves. Broke them in this morning with a ride to Elk City.

On TDY at Wenatchee, wa

Had a great time.  the ride home was excellent.  Ran into sprinkles a couple times, took longer to put on the gear, than to run in the ran!  Looking forward to next year!

Another Bun Cooler in the books, what a fantastic weekend, great seeing you all again!  :beerchug:

Wish I didn't have to pay the toll coming through Washington though...  :truce:

My odometer hit 49999 one mile away from exit 174 heading east on 84. What are the odds? I was able to pull to the top of the exit at 50,000 and take a picture.:great: I will post later.

Bun Cooler 2018 ride. I turned it off on my way back home since I was going the same way.

Attachments

• 50000.JPG
    50000.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 115
Had a great time at my very first COG event, I enjoyed meeting and riding with truly wonderful people and think I have met a lot of great new friends.

ZG said:
Another Bun Cooler in the books, what a fantastic weekend, great seeing you all again!  :beerchug:

I've heard you meet the nicest people on a Honda!  :D

Chris

Another great Bun Cooler in the books. My room is already reserved for next year. But the 64 dollar question is How many COG members does it take to change a rear tire on a C10?  :)

TimR said:
Another great Bun Cooler in the books. My room is already reserved for next year. But the 64 dollar question is How many COG members does it take to change a rear tire on a C10?  :)

Just 2, with a heckling audience of more than 40 :D

Grant said:
Had a great time at my very first COG event, I enjoyed meeting and riding with truly wonderful people and think I have met a lot of great new friends.

It was a pelasure meeting you Grant and we hope to see you at many MORE COG Events in the future.  We are glad you came!

Chris

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

On TDY at Nason Creek CG near Coles Corner, Wa.

ZG said:

With a Girl that pretty .... of course  :great: :great:

Gumby said:
My odometer hit 49999 one mile away from exit 174 heading east on 84. What are the odds? I was able to pull to the top of the exit at 50,000 and take a picture.:great: I will post later.

Bun Cooler 2018 ride. I turned it off on my way back home since I was going the same way.

Grats brother!  :great: :great:

You are now 1/4 of the way to catch Cliff...  ;D  :motonoises:

Daboo said:

Chris

;D  :beerchug:

Nice meeting you this weekend Chris, congrats on joining COG!  :great:

Grant said:

Nice meeting you this weekend Grant!  :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:

Chris

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

On TDY at Nason Creek CG near Coles Corner, Wa.

:truce:  ;D

Thanks to Jim and Glenna again for hosting another great bun cooler. The ride could not have been better without their personal assistance, they are the best.

5 days. 2300 miles. Rain, Hail, Snow, Rain. Saturday was splendid! Having fun with my NW friends Priceless. A great time again. Planning now for next year. Just in time for my bug bites to heal. Highlight? Watching a rear tire change on a C10 and the aftermath. 2 much fun. Plus a very nice omelet from Bruce to fortify me for the ride home on Sunday. Rain. I suffered from CSS. Couldn't See S#it.