• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2020 Longest Day Ride

Charile,
any hotels in your neck of the woods open yet?  meeting you up there by 8:30 and then getting home would make for a very long day.
-tdbru

Charley, Might want to check the status o Alt 97 through Chelan. I understand there was a huge rock slide on the Chelan side of the tunnel. I also understand it is similar to what happened to the route to Elk City. The rocks might not have been as big as Elk City's but still a lot of rocks. I don't think DOT quite knows when it will be open. Or if really a need to go to Chelan there is always 150 back to SR 97.

The option would be to remain on SR 97 to Wenatchee and go from there like one normally would.

Not this year for me. Have fun!
Scheduled June 10 for hip joint replace 2.0
Had my third dislocation May 5. Painful until it is back in place than just sore a bit. Immediately walk out of hospital.
The new design has fingers go around the ball with circlip to hold it in.
Getting old is not for sissies LOL.

If that is 2.0, you had a replacement before. Is that the one that dislocates? I had one done two years ago.

tdbru said:
Charile,
any hotels in your neck of the woods open yet?  meeting you up there by 8:30 and then getting home would make for a very long day.
-tdbru

Brian, I didn't call any hotels, but I did look at booking something and there were places offering rooms to check in Friday, June 19th and check out Sunday, June 21st.

Charlie

TimR said:
Charley, Might want to check the status o Alt 97 through Chelan. I understand there was a huge rock slide on the Chelan side of the tunnel. I also understand it is similar to what happened to the route to Elk City. The rocks might not have been as big as Elk City's but still a lot of rocks. I don't think DOT quite knows when it will be open. Or if really a need to go to Chelan there is always 150 back to SR 97.

The option would be to remain on SR 97 to Wenatchee and go from there like one normally would.

Tim, thanks for the heads up on that. 97A is listed as closed until further notice, so it looks like we'll be travelling down the east side of the river. I'll update the calendar listing to reflect the route change.

Charlie

gsun said:
If that is 2.0, you had a replacement before. Is that the one that dislocates? I had one done two years ago.

Yup, the replacement (right) hip joint dislocates. Slips out the back when bending over and forgetting NOT to let knee angle inwards.
New design has fingers coming down from replacement socket around the the ball with a circlip at bottom of fingers.

Charlie,

We could continue up lake to the state park and head down Navarre Coulee Road picking up 97A south of the closure.

Andy

connie_rider said:
"Oh",,, how I wish I could be there for this ride!!!!

The pain,, the PAIN!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Come on out Ted...and we will go up for the ride!  :)

When is the ride??
OOps,,,  :-[  Just looked: June 20th...
Let me think about it. Pretty doubtful..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Is my Marine buddy gonna be there?

connie_rider said:
When is the ride??
OOps,,,  :-[  Just looked: June 20th...
Let me think about it. Pretty doubtful..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Is my Marine buddy gonna be there?

I do not see Maj. Damage on the registration list.

Andy said:
Charlie,

We could continue up lake to the state park and head down Navarre Coulee Road picking up 97A south of the closure.

Andy

Andy,

I looked on Google Maps street view and see we can do that since we'll be doing it on a weekend. That's what we'll try to accomplish.

Charlie

Was looking forward to this, but had to drop out.  Was originally planning to be riding with some friends in OR now, but put it back a few days due to the weather.  So, I'll be farther south on "the longest day".  Have a great ride!

danodemotoman said:
Not this year for me. Have fun!
Scheduled June 10 for hip joint replace 2.0
Had my third dislocation May 5. Painful until it is back in place than just sore a bit. Immediately walk out of hospital.
The new design has fingers go around the ball with circlip to hold it in.
Getting old is not for sissies LOL.

Wed June 10 was surgery date
Released  June 11
Off meds June 13 ENOUGH!
Can get around house with out walker  June 14  Progress!
Thanks for the concern and positive responses!

Dan good to hear you are doing well post surgery. Oh and did you wave at me from the eastbound lane 512 a couple weeks ago? That's not a normal color for a Concours pretty sure it was you on the C-1200 special...
I am feeling better an doing short rides but afraid the longest day would be too much .
I do want to ask for an update on activities open in Winthrop though. Millicent and I are thinking about a trip to Winthrop late July.

GrantE said:
Dan good to hear you are doing well post surgery. Oh and did you wave at me from the eastbound lane 512 a couple weeks ago? That's not a normal color for a Concours pretty sure it was you on the C-1200 special...
I am feeling better an doing short rides but afraid the longest day would be too much .
I do want to ask for an update on activities open in Winthrop though. Millicent and I are thinking about a trip to Winthrop late July.
I'll miss the longest Day ride by mere inches becsuse I get to go to Seattle Caner Center for a pre op eval next week and coming home on Sunday. Then The Winthrop trip woll be too close to post op. Might have to wait and see COG buddies at the Ihop.

Tim, good luck on the preop eval.
Grant sometimes we have to takes it slow. No way I will be able to do a long ride for a couple months.

Dan, you are so right. I have a Deputy firend who had the same condition. He said it took two weeks to get back on his horse post op. I'm hoping a motorcycle is a little easier on the body to ride than a horse.  ;)

Dog gone it!! I don't look at the forum very often (my problem, not yours) and just saw the LDR posting. Shucks!! I just might have buzzed up there but oh well. I had a nice little quick ride back to Minnesota a couple weeks back. Felt good.
Take care, Woodie

We knocked it out in record time. I left Covington at 6:50am, and was home at 7:30pm after 480 miles. A couple of the usual suspects- Andy Niemer and Mike Nugent- newcomer Jeff Wall and my guest Tom Farrell followed me around the north Cascade mountains. It was a good ride with no hiccups.

Bummer I missed it this year but we had to adjust our weekend family plans due to covid19. Glad to hear it was a great ride!!  :beerchug:

-Robert