• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 Bun Cooler room reservations

Tim R

I got a call from Lewis and Clark resort today. She had head this years Bun Cooler was cancelled and wanted to know if I still wanted to keep my room reservation. She said some were going t keep their rooms and come anyways. I politely asked if I could make my reservation for 2021. She said she could and though she might move  those rooms reserved this year to next years B/C. Since it's the 3rd weekend in May the dates are not too hard to figured out.

So if you have not been contacted you might want to do that. The gal also thought me letting everyone know was a good idea. (I wish I could remember here name. Getting old sucks)  But is is refreshing to know some nice person is looking out for us. Tim

It was probably Kristy.

I'm considering something for a little later, but I'm waiting to see what is happening with the virus.

Just read the new Concourier, Northwest Area news:

Where is/what is "Our favorite shooting spot at the Bun Cooler"?  The one that was closed during the Bun Cooler Light.

Never heard about that.  Next time, maybe I'll bring extra ammo.

I haven't contacted the L&C resort yet because they generally can't give rates or anything before the first of the year. The 3rd weekend of May is the correct date. Hopefully, the virus will be under control by that time.

Bob called about the Bun Cooler. He will be looking for a roommate. I think we are going. Ill call about room tomorrow. Is Glenna spearheading this campaign? I don't see anything posted. Or are we gonna do an informal meet and greet🏍️

Bob called about the Bun Cooler. He will be looking for a roommate. I think we are going. Ill call about room tomorrow. Is Glenna spearheading this campaign? I don't see anything posted. Or are we gonna do an informal meet and greet🏍️
The Shermans won't be doing anything with the Bun Cooler until they return from AZ. Then we'll have to see if Jim is willing to host an event with the covid thing still going on.

Idaho seems to be doing well. The Bun Cooler should be within gathering limits.

Taken from Idaho's covid website:

Gatherings should be limited to 50 or fewer people. This does not apply to political and religious expression, educational activities, and health care related events such as COVID-19 testing or vaccination events.

Last year's Bun Cooler was "cancelled". Six? or eight of us showed up anyway. I was a little concerned after seeing the warnings from the Idaho gov't saying we needed to quarantine, etc. I got to the KOA and found the place packed with RVs...with Washington license plates. I talked to the owner and she said it wasn't affecting them locally.

We all had a good time, and survived just fine to show up in Oregon later.

Chris

Idaho seems to be doing well. The Bun Cooler should be within gathering limits.
Glad to hear Idaho is being "multi denominational". The rest of the country has determined that churches are responsible for death and destruction, and Antifa rioting is perfectly safe and acceptable. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Rainey asked me to say he is going the the Bun Cooler no matter what. He is looking for a room mate. Bob is not a computer/cell phone kind of guy so he asked me to post his phone number. If interested in sharing a room, give him a call. He said he would even make the reservation if need be. 360 468-3123. His info can also be found the the hand book. (y)

Bob called to check up on me. I appricate that.

Bob Rainey asked me to say he is going the the Bun Cooler no matter what. He is looking for a room mate. Bob is not a computer/cell phone kind of guy so he asked me to post his phone number. If interested in sharing a room, give him a call. He said he would even make the reservation if need be. 360 468-3123. His info can also be found the the hand book. (y)

Speaking of which Tim, how about a health update for all of us?

Healing.....Heart Doc says I'll start feeling like a 20 YO. I said that might not be a good idea.

March 5th go in to get rid of the bag and port. Happy days will be here again. ;)

Keeping you in my prayers Tim. Get well quickly!
-tbru
Thanks Buddy. Another amazing thing that is happening I didn't see coming:

The 2nd round of Chemo for those who don't know about killed me. It put me in the hospital for a week. The 2nd round of Chemo affected the heart, kidneys and pancreas. Probably the liver etc. And of corse the brain. 😉

I am a type 2 diabetic. My sugars went through the roof. Even after the heart surgery. My GP and I were going to talk about using a longer lasting insulin tomorrow in fact. But here lately and I think maybe due to increased blood flow, the pancreas seems to be working better. In the last 4 days, I've had to give myself 3 units of insulin which is the lowest dose once. This morning again sugar was low enough that I did not need to give myself any thing but food.

I continue to heal. Some things are a little itchy. Today I go in to see the surgeon who is going to remove the bag and port on March 5th. Prior to that date I will get Covid test #15 which should be my last one.

I am ready to ride BTW. Tim

I'm heading home from AZ so I can get things going for the BC. I have been social distancing in the desert were I don't even have phone service. We went to town today so we can get on line and make some reservations for our trip home. I should be home in a week. By the way, it was 78 degrees yesterday.

I'm heading home from AZ so I can get things going for the BC. I have been social distancing in the desert were I don't even have phone service. We went to town today so we can get on line and make some reservations for our trip home. I should be home in a week. By the way, it was 78 degrees yesterday.
Grrr.....not here. 😉

SAVE THE DATE MAY 14 - 16TH <> 30th Bun Cooler

I didn't get a chance to talk to Christie for the rates, but we have our weekend locked down. More info to come soon - Jim should be back in town next week!

WE ARE STILL WORKING ON FINALIZING THE DETAILS and will update the calendar as we can and get registration opened up -- but meanwhile >> BE SURE TO LET THEM KNOW YOU"RE WITH COG!!

Here are the current rates for motels and cabins.
Also, like in past years, your group will get the 10% discount on their reservations off of these current prices.

Motel room with 2 queen beds $85.89 plus tax
Motel room with one king bed $79.89 plus tax
Cabins range from $124.89 to $139.89 plus tax

Bob's taken care of - he asked me to pass along that he has a roommate.